1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Apr '24 22:54
    Pecker's testimony today didn't tell us anything we've haven't known for years, but it got into evidence that Trump was directly involved in scheming with Pecker and others for them to use funds to help his campaign far in excess of legally allowable limits. This bolsters two of the theories regarding the intent to commit another crime which elevates the falsification of business records to a felony under the NY Penal Law.

It also is a pretty strong refutation of the implausible defense claim that these "catch and kill" payments were to protect Trump's family rather than directly linked to the 2016 election.
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '24 23:50
    @no1marauder said
    Pecker's testimony today didn't tell us anything we've haven't known for years, but it got into evidence that Trump was directly involved in scheming with Pecker and others for them to use funds to help his campaign far in excess of legally allowable limits. This bolsters two of the theories regarding the intent to commit another crime which elevates the falsification of ...[text shortened]... and kill" payments were to protect Trump's family rather than directly linked to the 2016 election.
    corrupt democrats abusing the justice system to interfere in the upcoming election…
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 00:11
    @Mott-The-Hoople
    BLA BLA BLA, Puking out the Puke of your god king once more.
    FUK the evidence, my king would NEVER do any of that. The so called evidence is just planted, fake shyte to make my king look bad.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 01:46
    "Pecker also revealed that his tabloid had never had a "catch-and-kill" agreement with Trump prior to his candidacy for president." https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/top-3-takeaways-from-day-6-of-trump-s-hush-money-trial/ar-AA1nxddF

OUCH.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 01:50
    @mott-the-hoople said
    corrupt democrats abusing the justice system to interfere in the upcoming election…
    Stop spamming the thread.
  6. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 02:17
    @mott-the-hoople said
    You can still vote for him if he's in a jail cell. Eugene V. Debs ran for office while in prison. There's no interference.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 03:56
    @averagejoe1 said
    But I was asking for you to please justify, in your learned words, not that of a judge, how can action can go forward on a matter where the Statute of Limitations has expired?
    I didn't read judge's opinion, I can only picture a judge like the one who just threw the book at Trump out of hate. This judge may hate. Lets say everyone in NY hates him. How can the case go forward? The Statute of Limitations has run.
    The Statute of Limitations period was "tolled" for the commencement of any felony actions from March 20, 2020 to May 6, 2021 pursuant to the NY Governor's executive orders during the COVID emergency pursuant to NY law. Thus, "the deadline for the prosecution of the alleged conduct was extended by one year and 47 days. In other words, this felony prosecution had to be commenced within 6 years and 47 days from when the crimes were allegedly committed. The earliest conduct described in the Indictment allegedly occurred on February 14, 2017. The tolled period or extension for commencing the action thus brought the conduct described in the Indictment within the prescribed five-year time limit." https://casetext.com/case/people-v-trump-20 p. 24,

The judge finding that reasoning sufficient did not reach the argument that Criminal Procedure Law § 30.10(4)(a)(1) applies and Trump has been "continuously outside this state" and the period of his absence should not be included in calculating the Statute of Limitations. That was the argument I made in the thread last year and I still think it is a valid, independent ground for rejecting the SOL defense in this case.

So, no matter how many times you falsely claim it, the Statute of Limitations has not expired though Trump would be free to argue differently on appeal if and when he is convicted of these charges.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 04:09
    Here's what I said last year when Joe started claiming the Statute of Limitations in NY barred these charges:

""Any period after the commission of the crime where the defendant was continously outside the State is excluded from the time limit applicable to the commencement of a criminal action. https://www.sellonilaw.com/criminal-procedure/statute-of-limitations/#:~:text=Most%20felony%20offenses%20have%20a,one%20year%20statute%20of%20limitations.

So Trump's term of office and later period of residence in Florida wouldn't count against the Statute of Limitations period (which is five years for felonies in NY)."

"Here's the relevant provision on New York's Criminal Procedure Law, CPL 30.10(4)(a)(i):

"4. In calculating the time limitation applicable to commencement of a
    criminal action, the following periods shall not be included:

(a) Any period following the commission of the offense during which
    (i) the defendant was continuously outside this state."

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/debates/bonus-question%E2%80%A6.196665/page-13

"I'll say that any motion to dismiss based on the Statute of Limitations will be denied.

Do you want to claim it won't?"

AJ: I claim it will not be denied....if there is such a motion.

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/debates/bonus-question%E2%80%A6.196665/page-15
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 11:27
    @no1marauder said
    The Statute of Limitations period was "tolled" for the commencement of any felony actions from March 20, 2020 to May 6, 2021 pursuant to the NY Governor's executive orders during the COVID emergency pursuant to NY law. Thus, "the deadline for the prosecution of the alleged conduct was extended by one year and 47 days. In other words, this felony prosecution had to be comm ...[text shortened]... ugh Trump would be free to argue differently on appeal if and when he is convicted of these charges.
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 11:27
    @no1marauder said
    Here's what I said last year when Joe started claiming the Statute of Limitations in NY barred these charges:

""Any period after the commission of the crime where the defendant was continously outside the State is excluded from the time limit applicable to the commencement of a criminal action. https://www.sellonilaw.com/criminal-procedure/statute-of-limitations/#:~:te ...[text shortened]... is such a motion.

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/debates/bonus-question%E2%80%A6.196665/page-15
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Apr '24 15:413 edits
    @Mott-The-Hoople
    Your throat must be sore from all the crap you puke out.
    Tell me in your infinite wisdom exactly the names of these corrupt dems who want to subvert the election like your god did on Jan 6? I haven't seen any mass demonstrations of dems demanding recounts of electoral votes or democrat fake electors, tell me who those democrat fake electors are, we will turn them in to the FBI ourselves.
    BTW, why out of the 73 odd MILLION idiots who voted for Trump in '16 why was there exactly ONE showing up to any courthouse in support of your god?
    Then your god puts out on 'Truth' social thousands of pro god demonstrators were being forcefully held back by huge barriers and the cops stopped all traffic to keep out those accursed pro god demonstrators.
    In actuality there was exactly ONE pro god there, and he was very quiet. Also, tell me why none and I mean ZERO members of your god's family showed up to give moral support to your god?
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    26 Apr '24 11:23
    @no1marauder said
    Pecker's testimony today didn't tell us anything we've haven't known for years, but it got into evidence that Trump was directly involved in scheming with Pecker and others for them to use funds to help his campaign far in excess of legally allowable limits. This bolsters two of the theories regarding the intent to commit another crime which elevates the falsification of ...[text shortened]... and kill" payments were to protect Trump's family rather than directly linked to the 2016 election.
    "At least if he wins, I'll be pardoned for electoral fraud."

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/25/politics/video/sketch-artist-trump-hush-money-trial-elizabeth-williams-ebof-sot-digvid

Pecker cannot have not known what he was letting himself in for.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Apr '24 21:01
    @mott-the-hoople said
    Stop spamming the thread.
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    27 Apr '24 01:49
    @no1marauder said
    "Pecker also revealed that his tabloid had never had a "catch-and-kill" agreement with Trump prior to his candidacy for president." https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/top-3-takeaways-from-day-6-of-trump-s-hush-money-trial/ar-AA1nxddF

OUCH.
    <<Conroy says Trump's comment that Pecker is "nice" is a message to other witnesses.
    Prosecutor Chris Conroy also cites Donald Trump's comments at his event this morning where he spoke about tabloid publisher David Pecker, in which he said that Pecker was "nice."

"This is a message to Pecker. Be nice. It’s a message to others," Conroy says, adding the message to other witnesses is that Trump has a platform and will comment on their testimony.>>

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-hush-money-trial-04-25-24/h_53f857fdd1b34f89fe47660e967879b1

FYI:

"Be nice" is Trumpspeak. Translated into plain English it means: be 'nice' to Donald; if you're not 'nice' to Donald, Donald won't like you and Donald will screw you; being 'nice' means saying nothing that might get Donald upset or in trouble; saying anything that might get Donald upset or in trouble will make Donald not like you and your daughters; being 'nice' means never ever spilling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, because that will get Donald upset and in trouble and then he really really won't like you and Donald has many many very 'nice' friends standing back and standing by who will make your life miserable, if you're not 'nice'.

This message will also have been directed at Mark Meadows and 10 other defendants indicted in AZ.

The above clarification courtesy of the grammar guy.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Apr '24 02:00
    @moonbus said
    <<Conroy says Trump's comment that Pecker is "nice" is a message to other witnesses.
    Prosecutor Chris Conroy also cites Donald Trump's comments at his event this morning where he spoke about tabloid publisher David Pecker, in which he said that Pecker was "nice."

"This is a message to Pecker. Be nice. It’s a message to others," Conroy says, adding the message to other wit ...[text shortened]... 0 other defendants indicted in AZ.

The above clarification courtesy of the grammar guy.
    "Leave the gun, take the cannoli."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree