1. silicon valley
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 09:381 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Ten citations of the SAME comment in March 18??? And a comment in which Bush did not criticize Cheney-type behaviour - maybe because Cheney's more egregious behaviour had not happened yet.

Any examples of Bush distancing himself from Cheney in, say, the last 3 or 4 months?
    the numbers at the bottom are ten PAGES of links, not ten links.

item 2, answered in post above.

item 3, apparently bush doesn't need to repeat himself, except to morons like <--->.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 09:42
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    bush's statement coming two days after cheney's is a criticism of cheney's statement. it is not a random coincidence.
    So no actual condemnation or clear distancing himself from Cheney, just some self-regarding mealy mouthedness back in March 2009. Nothing in the last few months. I get the picture.

Absolute zinger about the "fairly intelligent" thing by the way. Absolute zinger.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 09:44
    the numbers at the bottom are ten PAGES of links, not ten links.

item 2, answered in post above.

item 3, apparently bush doesn't need to repeat himself, except to morons like <--->.
    Are all 10 pages full of links to the same comment 10 months ago? i.e. not a clear condemnation of Cheney, and er... 10 months ago?

Wow. The power of Google! Wouldn't 12 pages or 14 pages of links to the SAME news story have been even more weighty?
  4. Germany
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 10:41
    Well, if people leave office they are free to do whatever they want, as long as they don't reveal state secrets etc. of course. If people want to watch Cheney, fine. If they believe they are getting a non-partisan unbiased view out of him they are never going to cast an informed vote anyway.
  5. silicon valley
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 11:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    So no actual condemnation or clear distancing himself from Cheney, just some self-regarding mealy mouthedness back in March 2009. Nothing in the last few months. I get the picture.

Absolute zinger about the "fairly intelligent" thing by the way. Absolute zinger.
    so it'd be ok for him to dis cheney but not obama or clinton?

re the zingers ... they don't help much .... i've pavlov's dog gets the message, but you (almost) never seem to ....

(i'll quantify "almost" to say that i'm not going to search through the last couple of years of posts to see if you ever DID get it ....)
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 12:08
    so it'd be ok for him to dis cheney but not obama or clinton?

re the zingers ... they don't help much .... i've pavlov's dog gets the message, but you (almost) never seem to ....

(i'll quantify "almost" to say that i'm not going to search through the last couple of years of posts to see if you ever DID get it ....)
    You're just a pea-sized wrinkly green alien with poor language skills when the cut and pastes are stripped away. 😀
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 12:10
    It's funny to see spambot attacking the "liberal bias" in the media and defending Dick Cheney as a TV pundit.
  8. silicon valley
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 13:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    You're just a pea-sized wrinkly green alien with poor language skills when the cut and pastes are stripped away. 😀
    (zeeblebot presses <F5> )

devoid of a counterpoint.
  9. silicon valley
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 13:02
    Originally posted by Palynka
    It's funny to see spambot attacking the "liberal bias" in the media and defending Dick Cheney as a TV pundit.

10. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 13:35

I hope you have automated this response. I would hate to think you were manually still copying and pasting it! Talk about ironically being hoisted by ones own petard. And no, that's not a Star Trek reference.
  11. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 13:47
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    This thread is evidence. Or are we to believe FMF is really concerned about Cheney's dignity?
    Dick Cheney's dignity? That ship has sailed a long time ago.

I think the bigger question is the dignity of the executive branch. I personally didn't like it when Jimmy Carter did, even though he'd been out of office for decades. In contrast, Cheney has been humping Obama's leg since immediatly after leaving office.
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 13:59

What counterpoint? I defend the freedom of the press. So if Dick wants to be a pundit and someone is willing to recruit him, so be it.

You, however, wish to deny this right to those who disagree with you. Sad.

I hope this spells it our for you in a way you'll finally understand.
  13. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 13:59
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Dick Cheney's dignity? That ship has sailed a long time ago.

I think the bigger question is the dignity of the executive branch. I personally didn't like it when Jimmy Carter did, even though he'd been out of office for decades. In contrast, Cheney has been humping Obama's leg since immediatly after leaving office.
    I suppose it all depends on how often Cheney treads the boards and soaks up the limelight. Not having lived in America I don't know how often Carter ever became part of the news cycle. I suppose it all depends how far Cheney follows people like Rove down a fair and balanced pathway...............
  14. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 14:09
    Originally posted by kmax87
    I suppose it all depends on how often Cheney treads the boards and soaks up the limelight. Not having lived in America I don't know how often Carter ever became part of the news cycle. I suppose it all depends how far Cheney follows people like Rove down a fair and balanced pathway...............
    See my thread about the right politicizing terrorism. Cheney is the the worst offender.
  15. Pepperland
    Moves
    02 Jan '10 18:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    Presidential office holders having a go at their predecessors in various ways is par for course and pretty much always has been.

But here we have the former VP Richard Cheney marketing himself as a pundit on TV News specializing in presidential politics and foreign policy.

What do people think about Cheney's deviation from tradition with regard to what f ...[text shortened]... nity-preserving protocols here?

Is it a welcome new development in U.S. political culture?
    whats wrong with that? If cheney wants to express his views publicly thats his choice, and it doesn't do any harm.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree