1. Pepperland
    Moves
    06 Jan '10 19:13
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    I even thought it was in bad taste when Carter came out with his criticisms of Bush. And even he didn't try to call a wartime President weak. No previous has ever done that. You agree that they may be bad for the country, but as the former Vice President of the USA, shouldn't he put the country before his partisan rants?

Further more, Cheney's ...[text shortened]... -meter/statements/2010/jan/03/dick-cheney/cheney-says-obama-wont-admit-us-war-against-terror/
    Yes, of course he should put his country before his partisan rants, but he's not worried about that, if anything goes wrong its no longer his responsability. In other words dick cheney has nothing to lose, well, maybe his credibility but that doesn't matter much now.

However, we shouldn't dismiss him as a liar, its likely he actually believed what he was saying, he was probably watching hannity before he came up with these lies.
    also, according to your link, "Cheney has offered lots of criticism of Obama in the past year (of the claims we've rated, Cheney has earned a True and a Mostly True).", he is capable of offering honest criticism (which is always welcome).
  2. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    06 Jan '10 19:17
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    Yes, of course he should put his country before his partisan rants, but he's not worried about that, if anything goes wrong its no longer his responsability. In other words dick cheney has nothing to lose, well, maybe his credibility but that doesn't matter much now.

However, we shouldn't dismiss him as a liar, its likely he actually believed what h ...[text shortened]... nd a Mostly True).", he is capable of offering honest criticism (which is always welcome).
    Sorry, but the only reasonable conclusion is he was being disingenuous. Everyone and their mother has heard Obama bring up going after terrorist organizations. For crying out loud he even had to sell sending more troops into Afghanistan as a campaign issue.
  3. Pepperland
    Moves
    06 Jan '10 19:26
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Sorry, but the only reasonable conclusion is he was being disingenuous. Everyone and their mother has heard Obama bring up going after terrorist organizations. For crying out loud he even had to sell sending more troops into Afghanistan as a campaign issue.
    Sorry, but the only reasonable conclusion is he was being disingenuous

I wasn't denying this.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree