1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '16 08:41
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The sheer number of topics on the General Forum would be increased, but this is not a good thing. How can one expect to pick out what one wants among everything in one forum?.
    I think they would simply be picked out by their thread titles and the content of the OPs. I don't see there being a problem. People already look at thread subjects and decide for themselves whether they want to post or not.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '16 08:46
    What you propose is the equivalent of a grocery store taking ALL their inventory and stocking everything everywhere. What a waste of time if you just wanted to pop down to that store for a carton of milk. You'd now have to wade through all the meat, all the cereal, all the beer, all the magazines, all the motor oil, all the dishwasher soap, all the paper products, just to find the milk you came in to get.

The analogy doesn't really work. The content of the Sports, Culture and General Forums is relatively homogeneous ~ it's like different kinds of wine. There's no harm in having all the different kinds of wine in one place (one forum) on this 12 forum web site.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Mar '16 08:51
    And thankfully, he'll treat it just as he did last time you brought this up.

As nonsense.
    You've changed.......
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '16 09:25
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    What about "Poser and Puzzles"?
    I'd say keep it.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '16 09:31
    Do us all a favor. Start a blog or something if you want to bore people with your delusions of grandeur. Don't try to destroy these forums.
    Whether or not I have "delusions of grandeur" is not really much of a debating point on this issue. If you think that those who see this differently from you will "destroy these forums" you need to explain how and why this might realistically happen, not only to your way of thinking, but in a way that is understandable to others - like me - who want to see this web site flourish every bit as much as you do.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Mar '16 11:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    Whether or not I have "delusions of grandeur" is not really much of a debating point on this issue. If you think that those who see this differently from you will "destroy these forums" you need to explain how and why this might realistically happen, not only to your way of thinking, but in a way that is understandable to others - like me - who want to see this web site flourish every bit as much as you do.
    But it appears this web site is flourishing as it is. Why rearrange the format? What possible advantage could be gained?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '16 11:46
    Originally posted by josephw
    But it appears this web site is flourishing as it is. Why rearrange the format? What possible advantage could be gained?
    Read my posts on the last couple of pages. I'm not typing it all out again especially for you. 🙂
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Mar '16 14:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'd say keep it.
    How about the sequencing of these public forum titles?

Red Hot Pawn Public Forums: (OP)

"The forums are the core of the 'Red Hot Pawn' community. Feel free to just read, but please consider posting a comment. Most posts will develop into a conversation (called a 'thread' ), so be sure to check back and follow up on any of your earlier posts.

General
    General discussion. If it's off-topic, or you're not sure where to put it, put it here.

Help
    Ask for help using the site

Only Chess
    Chess related matters only please.

Tournaments
    Join and discuss tournaments hosted on this site.

Posers and Puzzles
    For chess related, or off-topic, puzzles, riddles, games and other challenges...

Announcements
    Announcements from your site admins

Developers
    Interested in developing clients or tools for RHP? Discuss and request features here.

Debates
    Potentially heated discussions on topics such as world affairs, politics and other such areas of interest

Site Ideas
    Submit and discuss suggestions to improve the site.

Spirituality
    Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after.

Sports
    Discussion forum for sports and sporting events from around the world.

Science
    Scientific discussion and debate.

Culture
    Discussion forum for the arts.

Clubs Public
    Each club has its own private forums, but this is a public forum for the discussions and promotion of clubs.

Clans
    Recruit members, arrange challenges and compliment rival clans. For polite and civilised conversation about this team based feature."
    Moves
    08 Mar '16 15:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    Read my posts on the last couple of pages. I'm not typing it all out again especially for you. 🙂
    I did, but that wasn't my point. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Whatever modifications to this web site you envision that you think might make it better is merely a reshuffling of the existing format, which in the aggregate won't change a thing except maybe enhancing your ego. 😉
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    08 Mar '16 15:41
    Nobody "authorized" the survey. Who authorized your post? And why?
    Are you Bobby's spokesman? If not, why are you butting in?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Mar '16 19:571 edit
    His "advantage" is that if everything is in one forum, more people would be exposed to his "brilliant" threads, as they sift through his crap for the threads interesting to them.

I say if he's on that big of an ego trip, he should start a blog and leave us out of it.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Mar '16 20:011 edit
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Are you Bobby's spokesman? If not, why are you butting in?
    Ask FMF if it's "butting in" or if it's the free flow of information, conversation style, you know, like on an online forum?

And in case you haven't noticed, I am against GB's idea to "prune" the forums and it's FMF who is "for" his idea. That hardly makes me GB's "spokesperson".
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Mar '16 20:05
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    You've changed.......
    I've been against your idea to prune the forums since the first time you brought it up.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Mar '16 20:09
    I did, but that wasn't my point. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Whatever modifications to this web site you envision that you think might make it better is merely a reshuffling of the existing format, which in the aggregate won't change a thing except maybe enhancing your ego. 😉
    You disagreed with FMF? How dare you?!?

You know, first you disagreed with divegeester and now FMF. I'd say that puts a huge target on your back, and that's why they've been attacking you. For me, that's just "same stuff, different day".
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Mar '16 20:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    The analogy doesn't really work. The content of the Sports, Culture and General Forums is relatively homogeneous ~ it's like different kinds of wine. There's no harm in having all the different kinds of wine in one place (one forum) on this 12 forum web site.
    There is a reason why people on this site say, "Take it to [insert name of forum here], spanky." How long have you been here? Are you that clueless about human nature, even that slice of it seen on RHP? Given the absurd things you attribute to people you don't even know, maybe so.

To say that posts in the Sports forum, the Culture forum and the General forum are "homogenous" is ridiculous in the extreme.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree