1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '16 16:42
    Red Hot Pawn Public Forums:

"The forums are the core of the 'Red Hot Pawn' community. Feel free to just read, but please consider posting a comment. Most posts will develop into a conversation (called a 'thread' ), so be sure to check back and follow up on any of your earlier posts.

General
    General discussion. If it's off-topic, or you're not sure where to put it, put it here.

Help
    Ask for help using the site

Only Chess
    Chess related matters only please.

Tournaments
    Join and discuss tournaments hosted on this site.

Posers and Puzzles
    For chess related, or off-topic, puzzles, riddles, games and other challenges...

Announcements
    Announcements from your site admins

Developers
    Interested in developing clients or tools for RHP? Discuss and request features here.

Debates
    Potentially heated discussions on topics such as world affairs, politics and other such areas of interest

Site Ideas
    Submit and discuss suggestions to improve the site.

Spirituality
    Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after.

Sports
    Discussion forum for sports and sporting events from around the world.

Science
    Scientific discussion and debate.

Culture
    Discussion forum for the arts.

Clubs Public
    Each club has its own private forums, but this is a public forum for the discussions and promotion of clubs.

Clans
    Recruit members, arrange challenges and compliment rival clans. For polite and civilised conversation about this team based feature."

An Invitation to all RHP Members reading this "2016 Survey": Please reply to the following three questions regarding these fifteen (15) public forums by answering three questions: 1) Which do you enjoy most? 2) Which should be combined? 3) Which in your opinion serve little if any purpose? Thanks. ~GB
  2. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    06 Mar '16 16:48
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Red Hot Pawn Public Forums:

"The forums are the core of the 'Red Hot Pawn' community. Feel free to just read, but please consider posting a comment. Most posts will develop into a conversation (called a 'thread' ), so be sure to check back and follow up on any of your earlier posts.

General
    General discussion. If it's off-topic, or ...[text shortened]... hould be combined? [/i] 3) Which in your opinion serve little if any purpose? Thanks. ~GB[/b]
    1) The help forum is my favourite, for the juicy stories, gossip and intense debates.
    2) Debates and Only Chess seem to cover the same content essentially, so should be combined.
    3) The 'hidden' forum for buying and selling all of the personal data of site users should be closed, since only I and some Russian hacking groups use it currently.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '16 16:51
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    1) The help forum is my favourite, for the juicy stories, gossip and intense debates.
    2) Debates and Only Chess seem to cover the same content essentially, so should be combined.
    3) The 'hidden' forum for buying and selling all of the personal data of site users should be closed, since only I and some Russian hacking groups use it currently.
    NER, thanks for christening this thread with your thoughtful reply. Regards, GB
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    06 Mar '16 17:39

General
    General discussion. If it's off-topic, or ...[text shortened]... hould be combined? [/i] 3) Which in your opinion serve little if any purpose? Thanks. ~GB[/b]
    1) I enjoy all of the public forums.
    2) All should remain just the way they are.
    3) Each serves a useful purpose.
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    06 Mar '16 17:53
    Who authorized the survey? And why?
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Mar '16 18:21

General
    1) Which do you enjoy most?

Recently, the general forum.

2) Which should be combined?

Haven't given it much thought.

3) Which in your opinion serve little if any purpose?

I suppose I could think of something, but since I have the option of not posting where I have no interest I think it's irrelevant.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '16 18:29

General
    Everything is fine as it is, and in fact improving.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '16 19:24
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Everything is fine as it is, and in fact improving.
    Specifics?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '16 19:33
    Specifics?
    I think the range of forums is generally fine although the club forum is probably a waste, but certainly not an issue. The spiritually and debate forums are active and well supported. The general forum is the most vibrant it's been in a long time.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Mar '16 20:01
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I think the range of forums is generally fine although the club forum is probably a waste, but certainly not an issue. The spiritually and debate forums are active and well supported. The general forum is the most vibrant it's been in a long time.
    That's because I'm here now. 😉
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Mar '16 20:05
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    All surveys are self authorizing. Seems everyone wants to know what everyone wants to know. 😉
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Mar '16 16:43
    "Please reply to the following three questions regarding these fifteen (15) public forums by answering three questions: 1) Which do you enjoy most? 2) Which should be combined? 3) Which in your opinion serve little if any purpose? Thanks. ~GB" (OP: italics mine)
  13. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    07 Mar '16 18:25
    "Please reply to the following three questions regarding these fifteen (15) public forums by answering three questions: 1) Which do you enjoy most? 2) Which should be combined? 3) Which in your opinion serve little if any purpose? Thanks. ~GB" (OP: italics mine)
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Mar '16 18:301 edit
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Anyone is authorized to start a thread and post a survey.

I don't know how to answer the second question.
  15. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    07 Mar '16 18:41
    Originally posted by josephw
    Anyone is authorized to start a thread and post a survey.

I don't know how to answer the second question.
    Are you Bobby's spokesman?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree