Are you stutttering?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 00:36
    Originally posted by josephw
    Right! It's an argument about the argument. 😉

I'll have to remember only you can make a point. 😕
    But what point is it you think you have actually made by making personal marks about me and my "ego" etc.? There is no reason to think that Russ is going to make changes to the forums. But a discussion is simply being had and the discussion isn't about my "ego" or how "important" my posts make me. A case has been made that discussion of sports and culture would be more lively and well-subscribed on a more diverse General Forum that would be more vibrant. Do you have any argument to make that would suggest the forums would be less vibrant if the hypothetical merger went ahead?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 00:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why would you quote Bible verses in the middle of some General Forum banter?
    Does everything anyone says always get lost on you? Is it that difficult for you to understand what anyone but you has to say? Are you having trouble making associations between abstractions?

Besides, I wasn't talking to you. And, if I want to quote a Bible verse I'll do it anytime and any place I so choose without getting your approval.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 00:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    But what point is it you think you have actually made by making personal marks about me and my "ego" etc.? There is no reason to think that Russ is going to make changes to the forums. But a discussion is simply being had and the discussion isn't about my "ego" or how "important" my posts make me. A case has been made that discussion of sports and culture would ...[text shortened]... make that would suggest the forums would be less vibrant if the hypothetical merger went ahead?
    Well, now that you're all up on the defensive!

What a display of hypocrisy.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 00:51
    Does everything anyone says always get lost on you? Is it that difficult for you to understand what anyone but you has to say? Are you having trouble making associations between abstractions?

Besides, I wasn't talking to you. And, if I want to quote a Bible verse I'll do it anytime and any place I so choose without getting your approval.
    You are dodging. Of course you can quote Bible verses in the middle of General Forum chatter. No one said you cannot do it without my approval. The question is ~ why would you want to use the 'holy' scriptures of your religion to land cheap shots on the chins of fellow Christians on a message board?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 00:52
    Well, now that you're all up on the defensive!

What a display of hypocrisy.
    The question you're sidestepping is this: Do you have any argument to make that would suggest the forums would become less vibrant if the hypothetical merger went ahead?
  7. Playing with matches
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 01:14
    What discussion? You mean the one where only your ideas are worth discussing?

9 posters contributed to this thread. You made 21 posts so far.

Suzianne 16
    GrampyBobby 12
    Myself 7, counting this one.
    HandyAndy 5
    Hand of Hacate 4, meaningless yet revealing of his character.
    Ghost of a Duke 2, along with Divegeester
    NoEarthlyReason 1

I think it's clear who thinks they have the most important stuff to say.
    And there I thought you didn't appreciate my wit and charm.
  8. Playing with matches
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 01:17
    There you are again geester, hand in hand with the Hand making course jokes at the expense of a sister.

You just joined the ranks with ole' robbie over there who did the same thing in another thread making crude remarks directed at Suzianne.

Shall I quote Jesus when he said we'd be judged by every word that comes out of our mouths? I better not becaus ...[text shortened]... l start crying again about how I insulted you again with the Bible.

Trash talking Christains.
    My love and admiration for Suzziane is deep and sincere. Has lasted for years actually. I am the shallow pool that yearns for her to bathe her feet.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 04:22
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    I absolutely love your call it like it is attitude.

I still envision you as a Valkyrie Shield Maiden. Tousled golden locks flowing in the wind. Sword glinting in the sun, hued red with the blood of your victims. Shear unmerciless and righteous wrath.

I would totally throw blueberry muffins at your bum.
    Have you been peeking in my window at night?

Clearly, I need to buy some blackout curtains.
  10. Playing with matches
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 11:21
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Have you been peeking in my window at night?

Clearly, I need to buy some blackout curtains.
    Blackout curtains? That sounds terribly racist.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 11:45
    And there I thought you didn't appreciate my wit and charm.
    Don't worry Hand, I still love ya!

See, from where I sit I get caught up in the fray just like all of us and I tend to express myself in a way that's not necessarily consistent with who I am. For example: when I saw how virulently you jumped on the old guy I had visions of a punk cold-cocking an old man on the street or kicking a bum in the gutter. I just naturally want to defend. After all, GB never said or did anything to harm you did he? Why the verbal aggression against someone so harmless?
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 11:46
    My love and admiration for Suzziane is deep and sincere. Has lasted for years actually. I am the shallow pool that yearns for her to bathe her feet.
    Man, that's cheezy! 😉
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 11:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    The question you're sidestepping is this: Do you have any argument to make that would suggest the forums would become less vibrant if the hypothetical merger went ahead?
    Not really. 😉
  14. Playing with matches
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 12:46
    Don't worry Hand, I still love ya!

See, from where I sit I get caught up in the fray just like all of us and I tend to express myself in a way that's not necessarily consistent with who I am. For example: when I saw how virulently you jumped on the old guy I had visions of a punk cold-cocking an old man on the street or kicking a bum in the gutter. I just ...[text shortened]... said or did anything to harm you did he? Why the verbal aggression against someone so harmless?
    I appreciate your perspective. Guard dog protecting the sheep so to speak.

Only GB isn't a sheep. A wolf. An old mangy one to be sure. Perhaps even worthy of sympathy. Keep feeding him and you won't even notice him in the flock. You might even come to consider him another dog. Ignore the occasional missing sheep. Fierce and loyal, protecting the flock. But, he's always a wolf and only one thing matters, himself.

I periodically check back to see if he's dead yet. Tge site is probably better without my caustic contributions. Not a wolf per se, a laughing hyena seems closer to the truth. I won't be back for any length of time while that dolt spews every thought that rattles around his empty head into the forums.
  15. Playing with matches
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 12:47
    Man, that's cheezy! 😉
    Cheez Wiz! Great idea! Cheese Wiz to luscious, delicate toes!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree