1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 13:22
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    Red Hot Pawn Public Forums:

"The forums are the core of the 'Red Hot Pawn' community. Feel free to just read, but please consider posting a comment. Most posts will develop into a conversation (called a 'thread' ), so be sure to check back and follow up on any of your earlier posts.

General
    General discussion. If it's off-topic, or you're not sure where to put it, put it here.

Help
    Ask for help using the site

Only Chess
    Chess related matters only please.

Tournaments
    Join and discuss tournaments hosted on this site.

Posers and Puzzles
    For chess related, or off-topic, puzzles, riddles, games and other challenges...

Announcements
    Announcements from your site admins

Developers
    Interested in developing clients or tools for RHP? Discuss and request features here.

Debates
    Potentially heated discussions on topics such as world affairs, politics and other such areas of interest

Site Ideas
    Submit and discuss suggestions to improve the site.

Spirituality
    Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after.

Sports
    Discussion forum for sports and sporting events from around the world.

Science
    Scientific discussion and debate.

Culture
    Discussion forum for the arts.

Clubs Public
    Each club has its own private forums, but this is a public forum for the discussions and promotion of clubs.

Clans
    Recruit members, arrange challenges and compliment rival clans. For polite and civilised conversation about this team based feature."

An Invitation to all RHP Members reading this "2016 Survey": Please reply to the following three questions regarding these fifteen (15) public forums by answering three questions: 1) Which do you enjoy most? 2) Which should be combined? 3) Which in your opinion serve little if any purpose? Thanks. ~GB
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 16:48
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    An Invitation to all RHP Members reading this "2016 Survey":
    Please reply to the following three questions regarding these fifteen (15) public forums by answering three questions: 1) Which do you enjoy most? 2) Which should be combined? 3) Which in your opinion serve little if any purpose? Thanks. ~GB
    It's a dishonest survey, Bobby. The questions are biased, particularly 2) and 3).

Without objectivity, your self-authorized survey has no value.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 17:53
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    I appreciate your perspective. Guard dog protecting the sheep so to speak.

Only GB isn't a sheep. A wolf. An old mangy one to be sure. Perhaps even worthy of sympathy. Keep feeding him and you won't even notice him in the flock. You might even come to consider him another dog. Ignore the occasional missing sheep. Fierce and loyal, protecting th ...[text shortened]... of time while that dolt spews every thought that rattles around his empty head into the forums.
    Well, I'll be looking for your return.
  4. Playing with matches
    Moves
    09 Mar '16 18:19
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    [b]Red Hot Pawn Public Forums:

"The forums are the core of the 'Red Hot Pawn' community. Feel free to just read, but please consider posting a comment. Most posts will develop into a conversation (called a 'thread' ), so be sure to check back and follow up on any of your earlier posts.

General[ ...[text shortened]... hould be combined? [/i] 3) Which in your opinion serve little if any purpose? Thanks. ~GB
    And back to muffins. You know what makes a good blueberry muffin? Blueberries. I know, I know, that sounds very trite, but, while flash frozen blueberries might do in a pinch, you really need fresh ones.

A good blueberry must be firm and roll pleasantly between the fingers. Sweet yet slightly tart. Crush one on your tongue and let the juice ooze across your tongue. If that isn't the best damn blueberry you can remember having, it's not good enough for muffins.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 00:25
    And back to muffins. You know what makes a good blueberry muffin? Blueberries. I know, I know, that sounds very trite, but, while flash frozen blueberries might do in a pinch, you really need fresh ones.

A good blueberry must be firm and roll pleasantly between the fingers. Sweet yet slightly tart. Crush one on your tongue and let the juice ooze a ...[text shortened]... If that isn't the best damn blueberry you can remember having, it's not good enough for muffins.
    Blueberries are my favorite fruit. Every spring we go to an orchard that has a hundred acres of organic blueberry bushes and pick gallons of them and freeze them.

Blueberry pancakes with real maple syrup and whipped cream. Outstanding! 😉
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 01:541 edit
    Why does this thread, 7 pages to date, contain three whole copies of the Public Forums page which we all know off by heart anyway, since we visit them every time we access the forum pages? Talk about pointless!

Reminds me of the pulp fiction days when writers got two cents a word. It made for a lot of boring filler in many otherwise interesting stories.
  7. Playing with matches
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 02:00
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Why does this thread, 7 pages to date, contain three whole copies of the Public Forums page which we all know off by heart anyway, since we visit them every time we access the forum pages? Talk about pointless!

Reminds me of the pulp fiction days when writers got two cents a word. It made for a lot of boring filler in many otherwise interesting stories.
    Solely because Josephw's Dad wants to make sure all attention is focused back on him where it so clearly should be.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 02:04
    I think it's an attention seeking thread-spamming habit that he's picked up. It's also a kind of ersatz 'participation' offered ~ I would suggest ~ to try to disguise the fact that he so often does not have the interpersonal or communication skills necessary for genuine debate and discussion.
  9. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 03:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think it's an attention seeking thread-spamming habit that he's picked up. It's also a kind of ersatz 'participation' offered ~ I would suggest ~ to try to disguise the fact that he so often does not have the interpersonal or communication skills necessary for genuine debate and discussion.
    There's not a lot of genuine debate and discussion on this forum, and it isn't meant to be. It should be a place where people come to be entertained, not lectured, abused or bored witless.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 11:11
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    There's not a lot of genuine debate and discussion on this forum, and it isn't meant to be. It should be a place where people come to be entertained, not lectured, abused or bored witless.
    Let's not have genuine debate. After all, that would be boring, and would assault our sensibilities and our need to be entertianed.

Freaking narcissist. 😉
  11. Playing with matches
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 12:32
    Originally posted by josephw
    Let's not have genuine debate. After all, that would be boring, and would assault our sensibilities and our need to be entertianed.

Freaking narcissist. 😉
    Josephw, Defender of the Faith. Templar Knight extraordinaire. Have a lost cause? Here's your champion.

Dragons slain, wolf packs vanquished, holy grails found, no task to big. Ark of the covenant you say? No problem. Monastery to be raped and pillaged? Sure thing. Josephw is your man. Children and the elderly a specialty. Group rates apply.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 13:08

A good blueberry must be firm and roll pleasantly between the fingers. Sweet yet slightly tart. Crush one on your tongue and let the juice ooze a ...[text shortened]... If that isn't the best damn blueberry you can remember having, it's not good enough for muffins.
    Yes, a good blueberry muffin with fresh blueberries is the best.

A bad blueberry muffin is an affront to nature on so many levels.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 13:242 edits
    "An Invitation to all RHP Members reading this "2016 Survey": Please reply to the following three questions regarding these fifteen (15) public forums by answering three questions: 1) Which do you enjoy most? 2) Which should be combined? 3) Which in your opinion serve little if any purpose?" (OP)
  14. Playing with matches
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 13:31
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Yes, a good blueberry muffin with fresh blueberries is the best.

A bad blueberry muffin is an affront to nature on so many levels.
    I couldn't agree more.

As a youth I'd spend a lot of time hiking in out of the way places. Occasionally we'd stumble across a wild blueberry bush. Collecting them in a hat is one of my fondest memories. Settling down at an impromptu campsite for the night, I used to cook them down in a tin cup over a campfire and eat them with shortbread for desert. Glorious.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Mar '16 09:49
    I couldn't agree more.

As a youth I'd spend a lot of time hiking in out of the way places. Occasionally we'd stumble across a wild blueberry bush. Collecting them in a hat is one of my fondest memories. Settling down at an impromptu campsite for the night, I used to cook them down in a tin cup over a campfire and eat them with shortbread for desert. Glorious.
    Warm blueberry pie straight out of the oven, with a glass of ice-cold milk is one of my favorite childhood memories.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree