Brexit reflections so far

Brexit reflections so far

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
01 Jul 16

For me, reflections so far are:
There's been a lot of arguments between friends & family.
I've had to steal myself from voicing my opinion at work & outside of work.
England no longer feels like home. Maybe it always unwelcoming to 'immigrants' it certainly feels it now.
The haters feel they have a licence to hate, it feels less safe (yes, maybe safety was an illusion).
My Euros cost more than they would have before.
I know someone who had to reasure his European workers they don't have to leave.
The government feels weak & unprepared.
I'm unhappy that my country is devided.

rc

Moves
01 Jul 16

Originally posted by divegeester
If saving 350 million is not an economic benefit then how is saving a virtually extinct language a benefit?
Virtually extinct? Sir every time you type your ignorance is self evident, please shut up, for your own sake.

rc

Moves
01 Jul 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
As opposed to a Robbie who doesn't?
Cheap dude real cheap, I have posted quality arguments, backed with incontrovertible facts.

Moves
01 Jul 16

Originally posted by yo its me
For me, reflections so far are:
There's been a lot of arguments between friends & family.
I've had to steal myself from voicing my opinion at work & outside of work.
England no longer feels like home. Maybe it always unwelcoming to 'immigrants' it certainly feels it now.
The haters feel they have a licence to hate, it feels less safe (yes, maybe safety ...[text shortened]... have to leave.
The government feels weak & unprepared.
I'm unhappy that my country is devided.
I sympathise. Much of what you describe I have also experienced.
Consider If this referendum had not happened now, what could have happened in the future.

Moves
01 Jul 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Virtually extinct? Sir every time you type your ignorance is self evident, please shut up, for your own sake.
Then why does it need funding?

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
01 Jul 16

I sympathise. Much of what you describe I have also experienced.
Consider If this referendum had not happened now, what could have happened in the future.
I'm not sure what you mean.
How much legislative changes will take place is unknown.
That we were not completely aware of the extreme views was, well ignorance is bliss comes to mind.
What would have happened?
How about the government we elected worked out the best way forward and made the difficult & complicated decisions on our behalf?
How about the far right didn't get to feel their opinions have value in our society?
How about the leaders told truths & voters had facts to work with?

I think it would have been good to say the least. We don't get to vote on how much taxes are, or if uni fees are charged etc. So why on this subject and why with such little information or debate on it's meaning? Because political minds are distracted my shinies.
I think Nigel wasn't in the it crowd at the EU socials & wanted to leave so he threw around some gossip & hearing the ching ching others picked up the idea, didn't think it through because that takes effort & decided to hand over the responsibility to the general population.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
02 Jul 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Cheap dude real cheap, I have posted quality arguments, backed with incontrovertible facts.
In which thread sir?

Moves
02 Jul 16
4 edits

Originally posted by yo its me
I'm not sure what you mean.
How much legislative changes will take place is unknown.
That we were not completely aware of the extreme views was, well ignorance is bliss comes to mind.
What would have happened?
How about the government we elected worked out the best way forward and made the difficult & complicated decisions on our behalf?
How about th ...[text shortened]... h because that takes effort & decided to hand over the responsibility to the general population.
Whether or not the UK is and continues to be part of a federal European state and all that that entails is a critical matter of fundamental sovereignty. This is not a matter to be decided by a single party and never has been.

There was a referendum in 1975 and the U.K. overwhelmingly voted 'in' based on the promises of the 'join' politicians at the time - examples of what they said are the links I provided earlier in this thread. The same people who voted 'in' then are the older generation who voted "leave" last week. Think about that. Why would they do that? The EU as it is now known is not what people voted to join 40 years ago; too many successive governments have been trusted to deliver what was initially envisaged and have continued to devolve our parliamentary powers to an unelected body to the extent that we no longer control our tax as you mention it - look a Rank Outsider's posts in this thread. We cannot even move our own VAT without the OK from the EU. People are blind to what has been happening.

Look at Neil Kinnock; more than once the British people democratically voted against him holding power - what happened - he gets selected to a MEP and gets to hold power anyway. It's a disgrace! And Kinnock has now retired on an index linked pension of over £60,000 a year. This is the erosion of our democracy and an example of failed politicians gaining power through an anti-democratic process.

You say "ignorance is bliss" really!! I am astonished. Do you see all the commemoration going on this weekend this weekend - what do think that is about? And to my question; "what do you think would have happened if we had not had this referendum" - well perhaps remaining in ignorance is best.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
15 Jul 16

Now we do have some Information on which to speculate wildly:

* new (female) Prime Minister:Theresa May wo would have thought that a few month ago?
* Boris Johnson tried to evade his repsonsibilities and is now secure in the new PM's reigns I would say. But he is not responsible for the Brexit. Well done.
* A new ministry with limited lifetime has been created for the Brexit. Well done I would say.
* The Brexit won't come as fast as some would have wished for. We still Ave to see when the "officlial" Brexit will be declared.
* Around Europe a lot of People who would have gladly exited before the britisch vote are reconsidering their stance.

Moves
15 Jul 16
4 edits

Originally posted by Ponderable
Now we do have some Information on which to speculate wildly:

* new (female) Prime Minister:Theresa May wo would have thought that a few month ago?
* Boris Johnson tried to evade his repsonsibilities and is now secure in the new PM's reigns I would say. But he is not responsible for the Brexit. Well done.
* A new ministry with limited lifetime has b ...[text shortened]... of People who would have gladly exited before the britisch vote are reconsidering their stance.
I think May will be an excellent PM to lead us through Brexit which will happen sooner rather than later.

I suspect Boris Johnson was asked to stand down as soon as May put her challenge together and was rewarded with is new office.

The new ministry is essential and quite proper. I'm sure the savings we make being out of the EU will more than adequately fund it.

The liar Osborne is gone. The weasel Gove is gone. The Govenor of the Bank of England will be next and rightly so after his comments during the campaign.

On the contrary, you will see that both Germany and France will be rallying for exit referendums. And they will win them and exit. The EU is finished and we can work together on a new European alliance which has wholesale democratic support.

Furthermore, the ftse is higher than pre-Brexit, the pound is rallying and will continue to do so.

Welcome to the new world where democracy rules.

Edit: oh yes and Boeing have announced since the referendum that they are investing billions in UK manufacturing and creating 1000 new jobs.

Sounds like the disaster Osbourne predicted.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
15 Jul 16

Everything seems to be going fantastically. So happy for the
Brits. Clearly this will bring a new age of prosperity,
democracy and freedom for them and the world as a whole.

P.S. So thrilled about Boris, an elegant, thoughtful and
sharp diplomat leading the new dawn.

Moves
15 Jul 16

Originally posted by Seitse
Everything seems to be going fantastically. So happy for the
Brits. Clearly this will bring a new age of prosperity,
democracy and freedom for them and the world as a whole.

P.S. So thrilled about Boris, an elegant, thoughtful and
sharp diplomat leading the new dawn.
Keep talking, keep flailing away in the wind.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
15 Jul 16

Keep talking, keep flailing away in the wind.
What type of conviction it is when one gets defensive even
when congratulated for being victorious?

Get that checked with a professional. I was seriously
overjoyed for you.

Moves
15 Jul 16
2 edits

Originally posted by Seitse
What type of conviction it is when one gets defensive even
when congratulated for being victorious?

Get that checked with a professional. I was seriously
overjoyed for you.
You're a lying, revolting individual with poor taste and bad humour. No one here has any reason to believe anything you say and your opinions are worthless because of this. Thanks anyway.

Moves
15 Jul 16

No one here has any reason to believe anything you say and your opinions are worthless because of this.
Wrong. I do. As usual you're projecting.