Educators

Educators

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
20 Mar 20

I was just wondering how many educators post to this site. I have been teaching math for about 23 years in public schools. Most of that time has been working with 16 to 18 year olds.

Any other teachers here?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
20 Mar 20

@eladar said
I was just wondering how many educators post to this site. I have been teaching math for about 23 years in public schools. Most of that time has been working with 16 to 18 year olds.

Any other teachers here?
goad is always trying to teach me, but don't know that makes him a real "Teacher"! 😉

-VR

E

Moves
20 Mar 20

Hopefully other actual teachers will show. So far all I have seen is ridicule at this site when I mention I am a teacher.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
20 Mar 20
1 edit

@eladar said
Hopefully other actual teachers will show. So far all I have seen is ridicule at this site when I mention I am a teacher.
I don't think you get ridiculed because you are a Teacher, I think it has more to do with how you put yourself across to others. I believe Teachers have among the hardest jobs there is and should be paid more than they make.

-VR

E

Moves
20 Mar 20

@very-rusty said
I don't think you get ridiculed because you are a Teacher, I think it has more to do with how you put yourself across to others. I believe Teachers have among the hardest jobs there is and should be paid more than they make.

-VR
I say I am a teacher and get no respect, no matter how you slice it.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
20 Mar 20

@eladar said
I say it is the way you put yourself across, no matter how you want to slice it!

-VR

E

Moves
20 Mar 20

@very-rusty said
I say it is the way you put yourself across, no matter how you want to slice it!

-VR
Sure, but still no respect for being a teacher. Are you willing to admit that?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
20 Mar 20

@eladar said
Sure, but still no respect for being a teacher. Are you willing to admit that?
Who do you feel is not respecting what you do? You have one of the most important jobs educating our children who will be the worlds leaders and professionals.

-VR

E

Moves
20 Mar 20

@very-rusty said
Who do you feel is not respecting what you do? You have one of the most important jobs educating our children who will be the worlds leaders and professionals.

-VR
So you say I get ridicule based on how I put myself out there, then say you have not seen it. Ok

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
20 Mar 20
1 edit

@eladar said
So you say I get ridicule based on how I put myself out there, then say you have not seen it. Ok
Again, who do you feel has ridiculed you. You know if you are going to dish it out you will get it back no matter what your profession happens to be. No one gets special treatment because of who they are or what they do in the real world.

You want to be tough skinned if you are going to play in the forums the Debate forum can be especially a bad place to go if you are not thick skinned or have your facts straight.

-VR

E

Moves
20 Mar 20

@very-rusty said
Again, who do you feel has ridiculed you. You know if you are going to dish it out you will get it back no matter what your profession happens to be. No one gets special treatment because of who they are or what they do in the real world.

You want to be tough skinned if you are going to play in the forums the Debate forum can be especially a bad place to go if you are not thick skinned or have your facts straight.

-VR
No thanks.

So any actual teachers out there?

Moves
20 Mar 20

@eladar said
You expect respect because of your profession?

Moves
20 Mar 20

@eladar said

Any other teachers here?
I’ve been teaching in corporate sales for about 20 years.

So.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
20 Mar 20

@eladar said
Anyone paying attention would know I am a qualified teacher and maths graduate.
Which is why I am incredulous of your supposed qualifications.

E

Moves
20 Mar 20

@trev33 said
You expect respect because of your profession?
Some claim that teachers are to be respected. Maybe you disagree.