Educators

Educators

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
21 Mar 20

@very-rusty said
All my hockey coaches in school taught one subject or another. We had a math teacher when he got mad would throw chalk and erasers at us. He would be charged with assault in todays world. I am happy he didn't coach hockey if he got that upset in math class think of him behind a hockey bench when things were going bad for the team?

-VR
Every barrel has it's share of rotten apples but thankfully they can be removed before too much "damage" has been done to the others.

E

Moves
21 Mar 20

@great-big-stees said
Every barrel has it's share of rotten apples but thankfully they can be removed before too much "damage" has been done to the others.
If Canada is like the US, then as long as the hockey coach wins, nothing else matters.

Still no other educators. I have run into one guy who taught on this site. That was years ago.

F

Moves
21 Mar 20

@eladar said
Have they stated what they teach?
What business is it of yours?

Moves
21 Mar 20

@eladar said
If Canada is like the US, then as long as the hockey coach wins, nothing else matters.

Still no other educators. I have run into one guy who taught on this site. That was years ago.
Well here's a second. I taught my kids to be kind, respectful of others and the value of friends.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 Mar 20
2 edits

@eladar said
Then Canada has the same problem. Of course if you do not believe academics are important then it is not a problem for you.
I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia....Believe it or not one Province/City is not Canada. Who said anything about not believing academics were not important? Stop trying to read into something that wasn't said. You never said a word about the Match teacher throwing chalk and erasers...Think that was a good example for the children he was teaching?

-VR

F

Moves
21 Mar 20

@eladar said
Still no other educators.
I have had a 36 year long career as an educator and it seems that my experience is more extensive and varied than yours.

E

Moves
21 Mar 20

@very-rusty said
I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia....Believe it or not one Province/City is not Canada. Who said anything about not believing academics were not important? Stop trying to read into something that wasn't said.

-VR
If you believe that academics are important, then Canada has the same problem.

E

Moves
21 Mar 20

@great-big-stees said
Well here's a second. I taught my kids to be kind, respectful of others and the value of friends.
So you need the implied professional part of educator.

Ok, professional educator. You know...it is your job.

F

Moves
21 Mar 20

@eladar said
I was a coach for a while.
I coached cricket and rugby for years. A coach is an educator. So is a classroom teacher. So is a lecturer. So is a trainer. I have worked in all those roles.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
21 Mar 20

@eladar said

I am teaching a postgraduate course: "Flow Chemistry" at the KIT, but my main profession is research.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 Mar 20

@eladar said
If you believe that academics are important, then Canada has the same problem.
How do you know that Canada has the same problem? Do you spend time here, teach here? How can you know something for sure about a Country if you don't live in it. You know what it is like in your country from your point of view. Doesn't mean all in your Country think as you do.

-VR

E

Moves
21 Mar 20

@very-rusty said
How do you know that Canada has the same problem? Do you spend time here, teach here? How can you know something for sure about a Country if you don't live in it. You know what it is like in your country from your point of view. Doesn't mean all in your Country think as you do.

-VR
I am assuming that coaches are coaches the world around. Just as I assume the school wants their hockey coach to win.

F

Moves
21 Mar 20

@eladar said
I was just wondering how many educators post to this site.
There seem to be several.

To your way of thinking, is this thread going well for you?

E

Moves
21 Mar 20

@ponderable said
@eladar said

I am teaching a postgraduate course: "Flow Chemistry" at the KIT, but my main profession is research.
Would be nice to teach post graduate. If I had better guidance I would have gone university or not taught at all.

E

Moves
21 Mar 20

@fmf said
There seem to be several.

To your way of thinking, is this thread going well for you?
So far I see one part time teacher, mostly researcher.