1. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 13:55
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    No one is disputing these facts. Scotland have won three, drawn one and lost one against Australia, this is also a fact. Scotland have a greater win to loss ratio against Australia, this is a fact. World rankings and qualification for world cups have no bearing on this fact. Why must you whine on like an obnoxious cretin?
    You just wish that Scotland were half as good as the Aussies.

Football is not even in our top 4 national games and we still make the World Cup (top 16 actually in 2006 where we were robbed in extra time by a penalty in extra time for a dive by the winners Italy).

Your boys have been sitting at home watching our boys play on TV for the last 3 World Cups. That's gotta hurt !!!!
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 13:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    We disagree about the relative strengths of Scotland and Australia, that's all.
    fine now will you go away and suck the humanity out of someone else
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 13:57
    can you tell the forum what it is about winning three, loosing one and drawing one you fail to understand.
    Some of those matches happened three decades ago, robbie, and the others were just friendlies in an era when Australia played in three World Cups while Scotland didn't. That much I do understand.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 14:013 edits
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    You just wish that Scotland were half as good as the Aussies.

Football is not even in our top 4 national games and we still make the World Cup (top 16 actually in 2006 where we were robbed in extra time by a penalty in extra time for a dive by the winners Italy).

Your boys have been sitting at home watching our boys play on TV for the last 3 World Cups. That's gotta hurt !!!!
    Its doesn't hurt and despite FMF's assertions world rankings and qualification for the World cup have no bearing on the relative strengths for if he knew anything about it, which he self evidently doesn't, he would know that you Sheilah's play in a different pool which makes qualification for you easier. Any team could qualify in your pool!

Oh dear lets here him whine on page after page about that. Fact is we have whupped you three times, drawn one and lost one giving us a greater win to loss ratio. No way you Sheilah's would ever whupp us again!
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 14:022 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Some of those matches happened three decades ago, robbie, and the others were just friendlies in an era when Australia played in three World Cups while Scotland didn't. That much I do understand.
    You are havering on about stuff you know little about. Australia play in a different pool to Scotland making it easier for them to qualify, much easier. Now why should I argue against such ignorance? Do you have any idea how tedious it can be? Do you?
  6. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 14:12
    You are havering on about stuff you know little about. Australia play in a different pool to Scotland making it easier for them to qualify, much easier. Now why should I argue against such ignorance? Do you have any idea how tedious it can be? Do you?
    I see Scotland have been whupped in the World cup again and will be watching our boys play in 2018.

Scotland may play in a harder division but there are far more qualifying places (which they didn't even get within a bulls roar of) than the division Australia plays in.

Irrespectively we are in......you are out........suck it up big fella bwahahahaha !!!!
  7. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 14:14
    Its doesn't hurt and despite FMF's assertions world rankings and qualification for the World cup have no bearing on the relative strengths for if he knew anything about it, which he self evidently doesn't, he would know that you Sheilah's play in a different pool which makes qualification for you easier. Any team could qualify in your pool!

Oh d ...[text shortened]... lost one giving us a greater win to loss ratio. No way you Sheilah's would ever whupp us again!
    If Australia met Scotland today Australia would win easily.

Almost as easily as our rugby league boys whupped your boys the other week.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 14:14
    Well you're welcome to believe that Scotland would somehow fare better in the Asian Football Confederation with its 4 teams out of 43 qualifying, than they do in Europe with its 53 teams in nine groups and 17 qualifying teams, but I don't think you wittering on about games played over thirty years ago is making your case for you.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 14:22
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    If Australia met Scotland today Australia would win easily.
    I think Scotland would struggle against Iran, South Korea, Uzbekistan, Japan, and Saudi Arabia too, although I'd cheer Scotland on against every one of those teams.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 14:421 edit
    Australia play in a different pool to Scotland making it easier for them to qualify, much easier.
    I think Scotland scrabbling draws against - or losing away to - the likes of Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Qatar and Syria would soon have a very detrimental effect on its FIFA ranking. I don't see how it would qualify. Even if you did manage to get past them (and other comparable sides), you'd then just have to face the well-organized likes of Japan, Australia, and Korea. I think Scotland have much more chance of reaching World Cups through the Europe route rather than Asia. But, as you know, they don't. And can't.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 14:452 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well you're welcome to believe that Scotland would somehow fare better in the Asian Football Confederation with its 4 teams out of 43 qualifying, than they do in Europe with its 53 teams in nine groups and 17 qualifying teams, but I don't think you wittering on about games played over thirty years ago is making your case for you.
    Lets just demonstrate the extent of your ignorance shall we? Who was in Australia's qualifying group, it was,

Japan, Jordan, Oman and Iraq,

Jordan have never qualified for the World Cup. Oman has never qualified for the World Cup. Iraq has participated in the FIFA World Cup once (in 1986) and Japan who have qualified for the last five consecutive FIFA World Cups. Australia were runners up in their group.

Lets contrast that with Scotland's Group shall we.

Belgium topped the FIFA World Rankings for the first time in November 2015.

Croatia was ranked 125th in the world; following the 1998 World Cup campaign, the side rose to third place in the rankings.

Other teams include, Serbia, Wales and Macedonia. Only the top two teams go through.

So there we have it, Australia's group with two teams that have never qualified for a world cup ever and Scotland's group with the top ranked team in the entire world in 2015 Belgium and the Croations who are currently ranked 15th in the entire world.

Now anyone with a semblance of discernment can readily ascertain that not only does FMF not know what he is talking about it becomes rather apparent that Australia's route to the world cup is distinctly easier than Scotland's and yet here he is pandering it about as if it has some relevance to the relative strengths of Scotland and Australia when Australia have qualified from a group as runners up against two teams who have never even qualified in their entire history. Perhaps he should stick to tiddlywinks or something that he knows at least something about?

How did Australia do in their last world cup campaign?

Australia played 3, won 0, lost 3, scored 3, let 9 goals in,

conclusion : donkeys!
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 14:501 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think Scotland would struggle against Iran, South Korea, Uzbekistan, Japan, and Saudi Arabia too, although I'd cheer Scotland on against every one of those teams.
    Who cares what you think you have no idea what you are talking about as I demonstrated above.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 14:521 edit
    Now anyone with a semblance of discernment can readily ascertain that not only does FMF not know what he is talking about it becomes rather apparent that Australia's route to the world cup is distinctly easier than Scotland's and yet here he is pandering it about as if it has some relevance to the relative strengths of Scotland and Australia when Aus ...[text shortened]... ry. Perhaps he should stick to tiddlywinks or something that he knows at least something about?
    Having seen Scotland's pitiful efforts to qualify for the last four World Cups, and having followed both UEFA and AFC football for more than 20 years, I'd say Scotland would absolutely flounder in Asian football. I'd say Scotland in a group with Australia, Japan, Jordan, Oman and Iraq, would perhaps scrape a 4th or 5th place after a round robin of home and away matches.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 14:531 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think Scotland scrabbling draws against - or losing away to - the likes of Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Qatar and Syria would soon have a very detrimental effect on its FIFA ranking. I don't see how it would qualify. Even if you did manage to get past them (and other comparable sides), you'd then just have to face the well-organized likes of Japan, Australia, and K ...[text shortened]... g World Cups through the Europe route rather than Asia. But, as you know, they don't. And can't.
    You have no idea what you are talking about and I have just demonstrated how ignorant your remarks are, now demonstrably so, Stick to tiddlywinks Jeeeves or some other sport where your slobber carries some sway. Lasts time Scotland played Australia we whupped them easily, gee, that gotta be difficult to explain.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 14:592 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Having seen Scotland's pitiful efforts to qualify for the last four World Cups, and having followed both UEFA and AFC football for more than 20 years, I'd say Scotland would absolutely flounder in Asian football. I'd say Scotland in a group with Australia, Japan, Jordan, Oman and Iraq, would perhaps scrape a 4th or 5th place after a round robin of home and away matches.
    and yet the last time Scotland played Australia they won? can you explain your logic for already it seems to becoming apart at the seems, last game, Scotland 2 Australia 0, oh dear you are not making very much sense.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree