1. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 15:402 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Huge compared to Scotland, yes. Every footballing nation in the world aspires to qualify for the WC. Scotland didn't qualify for the 2014 WC. Nor the 2010 one. Nor in 2006.
    I don't think it can be considered a success at all, even in relationship to other teams that did not qualify, infact it appears to me to be a dismal failure, a humiliation and its self evident that had Scotland been in their group Scotland would have done much, much better. I don't think the Australian team would qualify to serve Bovril and pies in Scotland.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 15:43
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I don't think it can be considered a success at all, even in relationship to other teams that did not qualify, infact it appears to me to be a dismal failure, a humiliation and its self evident that had Scotland been in their group Scotland would have done much, much better. I don't think the Australian team would qualify to serve Bovril and pies in Scotland.
    I'm not sure you have a genuine interest in the game. To have got to the WC finals, at all, and to be playing the likes of Spain, Netherlands and Chile in competitive matches in the pinnacle exhibition of the world game, is, for a nation like Australia ~ compared to Scotland ~ a huge success, yes - but not huge success compared to, say, the Netherlands who managed to get to the semi-finals.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 15:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'm not sure you have a genuine interest in the game. To have got to the WC finals, at all, and to be playing the likes of Spain, Netherlands and Chile in competitive matches in the pinnacle exhibition of the world game, is, for a nation like Australia ~ compared to Scotland ~ a huge success, yes - but not huge success compared to, say, the Netherlands who managed to get to the semi-finals.
    yeah, won 0, lost 3, scored 3, let in 9, Goal difference -6, huge success.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 15:58
    yeah, won 0, lost 3, scored 3, let in 9, Goal difference -6, huge success.
    Much better than not even qualifying for the tournament at all, certainly.
  5. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 16:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    The Scottish team didn't even work up a sweat.............watching it on TV.

Hope they've all gone and bought a quality TV so they can watch Australias efforts in the next World cup.

Anyway.........carrobie.......you haven't answered the question.......how many times have Scotland made it through to the 2nd round?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 16:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    wow thats huge.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 16:16
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    The Scottish team didn't even work up a sweat.............watching it on TV.

Hope they've all gone and bought a quality TV so they can watch Australias efforts in the next World cup.

Anyway.........carrobie.......you haven't answered the question.......how many times have Scotland made it through to the 2nd round?
    dude you are there on a free pass, I look forward to you getting another spanking!
  8. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 16:19
    dude you are there on a free pass, I look forward to you getting another spanking!
    If anyone can remember back that far I believe the last game that Scotland played in the world cup was a 3-0 whupping by.............Morocco? Morocco.....whupped by Morocco........can someone versed in ancient history please check that !!!
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 22:321 edit
    If anyone can remember back that far I believe the last game that Scotland played in the world cup was a 3-0 whupping by.............Morocco? Morocco.....whupped by Morocco........can someone versed in ancient history please check that !!!
    Hi there champ

Oz cricket team? Wow, they have cheered us up over here this week on the cold dark mornings!

Thought your captain, Steve smith , was going to start blubbing at that press conference.

You going to quote tables to me again? Go tell the SA. They didn't read them!

5-0 and counting. Understand it's a national disgrace. Well, let's be honest, it is!

Just keep quoting the tables/rankings, champ

And, as it's a soccer thread, in my opinion v little to choose between Scotland and Oz. As Robbie says, certainly harder for Scotland to qualify, to be sure of doing that, they need to top a group that contains the #10 or so ranked team in your world rankings. No one near that in Oz territory.

Both mediocre teams on world stage
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 23:12
    Originally posted by Blood On The Tracks
    Hi there champ

Oz cricket team? Wow, they have cheered us up over here this week on the cold dark mornings!

Thought your captain, Steve smith , was going to start blubbing at that press conference.

You going to quote tables to me again? Go tell the SA. They didn't read them!

5-0 and counting. Understand it's a national disgrace. Well ...[text shortened]... n your world rankings. No one near that in Oz territory.

Both mediocre teams on world stage
    wow Grannied 5-0.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    16 Nov '16 23:18
    wow Grannied 5-0.
    Worse than that, Robbie

Total humiliation

Head selector resigned

'Champ' will explain why all is well. Expect reference to tables.
  12. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 00:551 edit
    Worse than that, Robbie

Total humiliation

Head selector resigned

'Champ' will explain why all is well. Expect reference to tables.
    This coming from someone who's team was trounced by Bangladesh.

Being beaten by South Africa is a bit harsh. Being beaten by Bangladesh is a total disgrace. It's the equivalent of Jockey Wilson beating Usain Bolt in a 200m sprint.

If we ever get humiliated like that just let me know. It still brings a smile to my face !!!
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 09:34
    Ah ~ so the reason Oz are doing ok at cricket is because England drew a series in Bangladesh🙄
  14. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 10:45
    Ah ~ so the reason Oz are doing ok at cricket is because England drew a series in Bangladesh🙄
    No........the Aussies are doing bad. Beaten by Sri Lanka and now South Africa. At least they've been beaten by 2 top nations.

England however were thrashed by the absolute minnows of cricket Bangladesh. It's the football equivalent of Liverpool being thrashed by Woking. Being beaten by Sri Lanka and South Africa is one thing, being beaten by Bangladesh is quite another.

Oh.....hey.....did you see the rugby league 4 nations game the other day. The Aussies donkey licked the pommies. Your boys are so desperate that they actually employed an Australian to coach your team. Didn't help them much though. The Aussies belted them all round the park. Knocked them out of the comp but they can still watch us win it on TV. Maybe learn how to play a bit better.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 11:522 edits
    No........the Aussies are doing bad. Beaten by Sri Lanka and now South Africa. At least they've been beaten by 2 top nations.

England however were thrashed by the absolute minnows of cricket Bangladesh. It's the football equivalent of Liverpool being thrashed by Woking. Being beaten by Sri Lanka and South Africa is one thing, being beaten by Banglad ...[text shortened]... out of the comp but they can still watch us win it on TV. Maybe learn how to play a bit better.
    Hi there Champ

Think you got your comparison a bit out there. Losing to someone like Ireland/Afghanistan etc at Test cricket would be comparable to Liverpool vs Woking. Woking non-League, you see. Equivalent to non Test playing countries.

The 'donkey licking' is being handed out to the woeful Oz cricket team. Did you see your Skip apologise on TV for the shambles? Thought little Stevie was going to start blubbing. Awwwwww. Here's a good donkey licking stat for you ~ of the 20 Oz wickets to crumble in the last test, 16 of them didnt get into double figures!!! Ouch!

Rugby League is a minority sport over here, Champ. Played by Northerners across Lancs and Yorks. You good at that? Never liked it much. What are those scrums all about! What a joke!

But Rugby Union. Now, that's how it should be played. Didn't we come over and give you a lesson in the Summer? Donkey licking again springs to mind. 3-0. In your own backyard

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree