1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 16:03
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    And you sir are turning into a big girl's blouse.

Kindest regards

Ghost of a Duke
    GOAD,
    And you sir, what would you know about girl's blouses? 😛

Kindest Regards,
    Have A Wonderful Day,
    -VR
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 16:071 edit
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    Israel Folau was a mediocre Rugby League player. He switched to an entirely new code and was in the Australian Team automatically and is a superstar of the game.

Many very average rugby league players have code hopped to union where they became superstars. Sonny bill Williams Timana Tahu Mark Gasnier Lote Tuqiri Brad Thorn and your boy Sam Burgess t ...[text shortened]... by league side played the English union side in a game of union they'd wipe the floor with them.
    oh dear

more rubbish

Sonny Bill is a star of BOTH codes. Believe he played in the RL World Cup winning side for NZ while an 'average rugby league player'.

Brad Thorn represented Oz as a RL player ~ I thought the Oz RL side was made up of supermen? Find it odd as he was a 2nd row in Union, a position that would seem to have little equivalent skill set in League (don't they just give the ball up when it goes out of play in League, no line outs)

Sam Burgess, like many others, found that his RL skill set was not suited to Union. He couldn't find a position to play, and has gone back to League. His acceleration into the England Union side was a grave error by England's admin team.

That's just 3 of your 'points' without even needing google.

You avoided Sailor who was the shining superstar of Australia's RL side in late 90's /early 2000s. He switched at his peak to the 'hardly followed' Union in Oz (for some unexplained reason) and was mediocre at best. Again, skill set didnt transfer.

Last point total rubbish. In every cross code game that I have ever heard of, RL team wins easily under League rules, Union wins easily under Union. Imagine those RL forwards having to actually scrum! Ouch!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 16:11
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Is that to be the next Scotland strip?
    probably 😞
  4. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 16:23
    Originally posted by Blood On The Tracks
    oh dear

more rubbish

Sonny Bill is a star of BOTH codes. Believe he played in the RL World Cup winning side for NZ while an 'average rugby league player'.

Brad Thorn represented Oz as a RL player ~ I thought the Oz RL side was made up of supermen? Find it odd as he was a 2nd row in Union, a position that would seem to have little equiva ...[text shortened]... rules, Union wins easily under Union. Imagine those RL forwards having to actually scrum! Ouch!
    My point is is that you guys are so starved of talent that any rugby league convert is almost immediately rushed into the national side.

With union converts (which are usually players who have played for their country in union) they usually peel the oranges for the reserve grade local team. None of them would go within a cooeee of getting into a national rugby league side.

Hey..........how'd your boys go in the last World cup......you know the World cup that you's hosted. I believe we had a few of your boys peeling oranges for our quarter final, semi final, and final appearance. You gotta laugh........Bwahahahahahaha !!!
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 16:272 edits
    My point is is that you guys are so starved of talent that any rugby league convert is almost immediately rushed into the national side.

With union converts (which are usually players who have played for their country in union) they usually peel the oranges for the reserve grade local team. None of them would go within a cooeee of getting into a nat ...[text shortened]... our quarter final, semi final, and final appearance. You gotta laugh........Bwahahahahahaha !!!
    so, actually no engagement with my points about Sonny Bill, Thorn, Burgess and Sailor?

hardly surprising

yep, our last World Cup was a shambles. Touched on it on the Burgess point. Certainly had a laugh as NZ dismantled you painfully in the final.

Since then we have put together the longest current unbeaten run by any top National team

Part of that was a 3 Test stuffing of some gold shirted gents in the Summer.

See ~ when I reply, I actually engage the points that you make

Try it
  6. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 16:37
    so, actually no engagement with my points about Sonny Bill, Thorn, Burgess and Sailor?

hardly surprising

yep, our last World Cup was a shambles. Touched on it on the Burgess point. Certainly had a laugh as NZ dismantled you painfully in the final.

Since then we have put together the longest current unbeaten run by any top National team ...[text shortened]... gents in the Summer.

Try it
    I covered that. Union were so dazzled by getting some real rugby stars that they rushed these guys straight into their national teams. Play 2 club games then wham......you there....out the way........we're filling your spot on the national team with a rugby league convert.

Your guys are just plain dumb. At least give them a season or so of running rings around the union boys before sticking them in your national side.

To summarise..........rugby league players who convert to union are rushed into the highest levels of union. Union players who convert to league peel oranges for reserve grade players. Is that not clear ???
  7. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 16:40

hardly surprising

Since then we have put together the longest current unbeaten run by any top National team ...[text shortened]... gents in the Summer.

Try it
    Yes ......but at least we made the final. Your blokes couldn't even get past the round of 16 in a World cup played in your own country. Totally humiliating but a good laugh for the rest of us.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 16:511 edit
    I covered that. Union were so dazzled by getting some real rugby stars that they rushed these guys straight into their national teams. Play 2 club games then wham......you there....out the way........we're filling your spot on the national team with a rugby league convert.

Your guys are just plain dumb. At least give them a season or so of running r ...[text shortened]... nion players who convert to league peel oranges for reserve grade players. Is that not clear ???
    Sigh

No. One of your earlier 'points' was that mediocre RL players converted to Union and became superstars

You quoted Sonny Bill and Thorn. I pointed out they were not mediocre RL players. You are avoiding that.

Your facts about Sam Burgess are also incorrect

You fail to explain why RL superstar at the turn of the millenium Windell Sailor would move to such a low profile sport in Oz, then don't explain why this giant at RL was mediocre in Union (and you talk about US rushing players to national teams, Sailor was almost playing for Oz RU straight away, i think jason Robinson skipped past him when we won WC in your backyard in '03)

I don't know about Union to League . It just doesnt happen over here. Far more money/interest in Union, so players dont switch that way.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 16:53
    Yes ......but at least we made the final. Your blokes couldn't even get past the round of 16 in a World cup played in your own country. Totally humiliating but a good laugh for the rest of us.
    but that was over a year ago.

how long do you whine on about that

since then, for the 4th or 5th time, we (England) visited Oz (you) 4/5 months ago, and wiped the floor with you 3-0

are you ever going to address that humiliation, or too painful?
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 16:591 edit
    but that was over a year ago.

how long do you whine on about that

since then, for the 4th or 5th time, we (England) visited Oz (you) 4/5 months ago, and wiped the floor with you 3-0

are you ever going to address that humiliation, or too painful?
    BOTT,
    All this crap still belongs in the Sports forum. Are you afraid you will get torn apart in there?

-VR
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 17:05
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    BOTT,
    All this crap still belongs in the Sports forum. Are you afraid you will get torn apart in there?

-VR
    why don't you tell your pal?? Just because I posted last? If you read back on this thread, I would wager that radio has more sports based posts than me. I only joined in latterly!

But, rusty, you aren't really a neutral observer, are you?

Yep. I am REALLY scared to go in the Sports Forum. Do they actually KNOW something about sport and engage argument?
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 17:09

Yep. I am REALLY scared to go in the Sports Forum. Do they actually KNOW something about sport and engage argument?
    BOTT,
    Nice to see you admit that fact. I am sure there was no sarcasm intended on your part. 😉

-VR
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 21:152 edits
    Rhoda Masiyazi vs Akua Kosife Esse
    Chess Olympiad (Women) (2014)

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1767542 😵
  14. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 18:26
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes one lives for such glories! 😀
    Men wearing skirts and their nations footballers running out on English hallowed turf at Wembley wearing shocking pink .
    You lot will be singing "flower of Scotland " with one hand on your hip next !😉
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '16 18:33
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Men wearing skirts and their nations footballers running out on English hallowed turf at Wembley wearing shocking pink .
    You lot will be singing "flower of Scotland " with one hand on your hip next !😉
    Agreed the gayest kit evah! who pays those people?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree