1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 12:321 edit
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    Being beaten by Bangladesh is a total disgrace. It's the equivalent of Jockey Wilson beating Usain Bolt in a 200m sprint.
    I don't think you know much about international Test cricket, robbie. Bangladesh have assembled a good side at long last. They will probably continue to not win many Tests abroad but sides touring Bangladesh are going to get beaten more frequently by the youthful and talented line up they currently have especially on wickets like the two they prepared for the England visit. I remember you saying once that you dislike Test cricket and don't follow it closely. This is reflected in your lack of understanding about how well Bangladesh have progressed.
  2. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 12:35
    Originally posted by Blood On The Tracks
    Hi there Champ

Think you got your comparison a bit out there. Losing to someone like Ireland/Afghanistan etc at Test cricket would be comparable to Liverpool vs Woking. Woking non-League, you see. Equivalent to non Test playing countries.

The 'donkey licking' is being handed out to the woeful Oz cricket team. Did you see your Skip apologise ...[text shortened]... ive you a lesson in the Summer? Donkey licking again springs to mind. 3-0. In your own backyard
    Rugby Union is less than a minority sport over here yet we are still number 3 in the world. Rugby union over here is for washed up rugby league players who couldn't quite make the grade in League or for players retired in League and want a few easy years running around taking it easy.

Bangladesh are minnows comparable to Woking. Australia could send in a state side and thrash Bangladesh (they have in fact). The gulf between the top test sides and the bottom 2 test sides (Bangladesh and Zimbabwe) is ginormous.

To be beaten by Bangladesh in a test (and almost lose the series) is far far worse than losing a few games to South Africa.

How did England go in the last World Cup? I know we won it (we've actually won 4 of the last 5 world cups and 5 overall. England have'nt won even one) and if I remember correctly your lot didn't even get through the group stage into the last 8. OMG !!!

Yes, we're running out of room in our trophy cabinet with all those World cups in there. In the next one we'll try to throw a few games so your lot can get out of the group stage.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 12:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't think you know much about international Test cricket, robbie. Bangladesh have assembled a good side at long last. They will probably continue to not win many Tests abroad but sides touring Bangladesh are going to get beaten more frequently by the youthful and talented line up they currently have especially on wickets like the two they prepared for the En ...[text shortened]... sely. This is reflected in your lack of understanding about how well Bangladesh have progressed.
    My dear FMF are you going senile? the post was not authored by me. Please wear spectacles and check your variations prior to posting!
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 12:471 edit
    Rugby Union is less than a minority sport over here yet we are still number 3 in the world. Rugby union over here is for washed up rugby league players who couldn't quite make the grade in League or for players retired in League and want a few easy years running around taking it easy.

Bangladesh are minnows comparable to Woking. Australia could send ...[text shortened]... here. In the next one we'll try to throw a few games so your lot can get out of the group stage.
    Ah, that'll be why RL stars on Oz, like Wendell Sailor, opt to go to Union at the height of their career (and not cut it) Yep, can see the lack of interest in Union in Oz from the tiny crowds at the Internationals. Are you really from Oz?

By 'almost lose the series' to Bangladesh, I think you mean 'draw'. Away.

The same as we BEAT SA away a few months ago

Stick to your RL , Champ. And the silly little backheels when you get tackled.

And, please, don't bring sissy One Day Cricket into a serious cricket discussion. Couldn't care less about it
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 13:01
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    My dear FMF are you going senile? the post was not authored by me. Please wear spectacles and check your variations prior to posting!
    Whoops. Sorry about that. My comments were directed at the comment that radioactive69 made in his post. England being held to a 1-1 draw in Bangladesh was not at all like Jockey Wilson beating Usain Bolt in a 200m sprint. It was more like Spurs going to Hull City and beating them away and then Hull City winning with 3 late goals at Spurs. When all is said and done, 3 points a piece, but with Hull's 3 being earned in an heroic 'upset' win away from home.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 13:19
    that's a fair comparison. Don't worry about radio.

Don't think he understands sport too well
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 13:21
    My dear FMF are you going senile? the post was not authored by me.
    The reason I started with "I don't think you know much about international Test cricket, robbie" was because of the peculiarly ignorant-of-Test-cricket remark you made the other day when England had bossed an entire game against India, IN India, lest we forget, and they were 179 without loss in the second innings... and you managed to characterize that as "the spanking" that "England are getting in India". Truly clueless. Bizarrely so.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 13:34

The gulf between the top test sides and the bottom 2 test sides (Bangladesh and Zimbabwe) is ginormous.
    No it isn't

Bangladesh have 65 points on your precious 'World rankings table', just 4 below West Indies.

Zimbabwe have 5 points.

Think there is just one team in a 'ginormous gulf'

please check facts before posting
  9. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 13:51
    No it isn't

Bangladesh have 65 points on your precious 'World rankings table', just 4 below West Indies.

Zimbabwe have 5 points.

Think there is just one team in a 'ginormous gulf'

please check facts before posting
    They got most of those thrashing your mob.
  10. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 14:17
    Ah, that'll be why RL stars on Oz, like Wendell Sailor, opt to go to Union at the height of their career (and not cut it) Yep, can see the lack of interest in Union in Oz from the tiny crowds at the Internationals. Are you really from Oz?

By 'almost lose the series' to Bangladesh, I think you mean 'draw'. Away.

The same as we BEAT SA away ...[text shortened]... don't bring sissy One Day Cricket into a serious cricket discussion. Couldn't care less about it
    Israel Folau was a mediocre Rugby League player. He switched to an entirely new code and was in the Australian Team automatically and is a superstar of the game.

Many very average rugby league players have code hopped to union where they became superstars. Sonny bill Williams Timana Tahu Mark Gasnier Lote Tuqiri Brad Thorn and your boy Sam Burgess to name a few. Most rugby league converts struggle to hold a place in a club side over here but when they change to union they're playing for their country within the year. Again Sam Burgess is an example of that.

The reverse can't be said. Many union superstars have code hoped to league and can't even hold a position in the club reserve side. I can't name one union convert in the last 10 years who even made a rugby league first grade side.

I guarantee if the current Australian rugby league side played the English union side in a game of union they'd wipe the floor with them.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 14:21
    Israel Folau was a mediocre Rugby League player. He switched to an entirely new code and was in the Australian Team automatically and is a superstar of the game.

Many very average rugby league players have code hopped to union where they became superstars. Sonny bill Williams Timana Tahu Mark Gasnier Lote Tuqiri Brad Thorn and your boy Sam Burgess t ...[text shortened]... by league side played the English union side in a game of union they'd wipe the floor with them.
    The General Forum is turning into the sports forum...

-VR
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 14:25
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    The General Forum is turning into the sports forum...

-VR
    And you sir are turning into a big girl's blouse.

Kindest regards

Ghost of a Duke
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 15:40
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    And you sir are turning into a big girl's blouse.

Kindest regards

Ghost of a Duke
    Indeed a flowery one with frilly lace on the arm cuffs!
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 15:44
    Indeed a flowery one with frilly lace on the arm cuffs!
    Is that to be the next Scotland strip?
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 15:57
    no they didn't

even if they did, wouldn't alter the fact that your point about 2 teams being hopelessly cut adrift is a lie

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree