Handy household hints.

Handy household hints.

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
19 May 14

Do not iron clothes while wearing them

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
19 May 14

do not test the strength of your bathroom bowl cleaner by tasting it

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 May 14

to save money on toilet rolls only wipe your bum on a thursday

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
19 May 14
4 edits

rc

Moves
19 May 14

The post that was quoted here has been removed
pure genius

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
22 May 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
pure genius
Best way to reduce mowing time.

Pour Concrete

IP

Moves
22 May 14

While your neighbours are out at work, nip next door and paint their front door bright orange. They'll thank you for it in the end.

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
22 May 14
1 edit

RHP GOOGLE CHROME HANDY HINTS
Rather than start a new thread I thought I would ask here. Who has a list of good RHP user scripts for Google Chrome? I'm sure there must be some really good ones. I had a list on my old PC for Firefox but have found myself using GC these days.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
22 May 14

Originally posted by cashthetrash
Rather than start a new thread I thought I would ask here. Who has a list of good RHP user scripts for Google Chrome? I'm sure there must be some really good ones. I had a list on my old PC for Firefox but have found myself using GC these days.
And why is this? Do you value a faster browser over one that is more secure?

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
22 May 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
And why is this? Do you value a faster browser over one that is more secure?
yes

Actually, I haven't had any security issues with either one in a long time. Several years in fact. I am heavily guarded by other software.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
22 May 14

yes

Actually, I haven't had any security issues with either one in a long time. Several years in fact. I am heavily guarded by other software.
I'd just rather not have the Google folks looking over my shoulder while I'm browsing.

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
22 May 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
I'd just rather not have the Google folks looking over my shoulder while I'm browsing.
I see your point now. I suppose privacy does matter. I just haven't ever let it bother me. I'm just a molecule in the ocean to them. They probably think now Suzi has something to hide I'm going to have to send the men in black after her for using firefox. 😛

I promise if I am ever up to something dastardly I will use firefox. 🙂

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
27 May 14

When traveling for long distances in the summertime in your automobile, tires have a tendency to overheat and you can get a blowout on the tires.

One way to help keep this from happening is to stop and let the tires cool off and to keep your tires inflated properly. But it's also a good idea to give your tires a little shot of liquid nitrogen. It will help to cool that over heated tire wile driving. Just don't add too much.
This one is hardly parcticable and serious dangerous.

DON'T mess around with liquid nitrogen unless you know exactly what you are doing.

In case of tyres the deep freeze can damage the rubber rapidly increasing teh chance of a blow-out. Plus, never touch anything which has been treated with liquid nitrogen. It will cause freeze burns on your skin. (Of course after a while it has warmed up)

Oh and Cash, where do you get your suppyl of liquid nitrogen for your travels?

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
27 May 14

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
27 May 14
3 edits

Originally posted by Ponderable
This one is hardly parcticable and serious dangerous.

DON'T mess around with liquid nitrogen unless you know exactly what you are doing.

In case of tyres the deep freeze can damage the rubber rapidly increasing teh chance of a blow-out. Plus, never touch anything which has been treated with liquid nitrogen. It will cause freeze burns on your skin. ( ...[text shortened]... s warmed up)

Oh and Cash, where do you get your suppyl of liquid nitrogen for your travels?
At just about any new car dealership. Or in truck stops where the professionals do it all the time. Costco will do it for free. Actually it isn't liquid Nitrogen that should be used though. Just Nitrogen. I have used it in my vehicles for years and haven't had a blowout since. I check my tires regularly though. many people say there is little advantage but what do they know if they haven't used it. And there is no damage to the rubber. In fact air leaks out of tires. But less Nitrogen will leak out because the molecules are larger. If you want to worry about something worry about the water that is in air tanks and inside your tires that expand and turn to gas when heated. And the rust damage to wheels from the water. And what about freezing. What do you think happens to your wheel balance if water freezes inside the tires? With nitrogen you will have a smoother ride which will allow more even wear on the tires.