1. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 17:59
    Tooth paste makes a good spackling compound to cover small nail holes before painting a wall.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 18:121 edit
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Tooth paste makes a good spackling compound to cover small nail holes before painting a wall.
    Gillette, Bic or any other Flex 4-Track Shaving Blade kept immersed in Baby Oil between shaves will remain razor sharp indefinitely. Apparently the oil minimizes/prevents oxidization. I shaved this morning with the same blade first used last July.
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 18:20
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Gillette, Bic or any other Flex 4-Track Shaving Blade kept immersed in Baby Oil between shaves will remain razor sharp indefinitely. Apparently the oil minimizes/prevents oxidization. I shaved this morning with the same blade first used last July.
    Did you trip over your beard on the way to the bathroom?
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 18:22
    DryDex costs $2
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 18:48
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Did you trip over your beard on the way to the bathroom?
    No facial hair (beard, moustache, Elvis Sideburns or Sid Caesar combed back eyebrows) my entire life. Clean shaven.
  6. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 18:50
    If a screw come loose in a door hinge and will no longer grip the wood. Try gluing a single wooden end of a match stim into the hole. Let the glue dry and break off the match head flush with the hole then reapply the screw. Works great in other applications as well.
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 20:31
    If a screw come loose in a door hinge and will no longer grip the wood. Try gluing a single wooden end of a match stim into the hole. Let the glue dry and break off the match head flush with the hole then reapply the screw. Works great in other applications as well.
    If you spill red wine on a carpet drink a bottle of white wine and you don't care.
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 20:33
    I like that one!
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 20:35
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    If you spill red wine on a carpet drink a bottle of white wine and you don't care.
    I second that emotion/sorry 2 coats I second that emulsion
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 21:45
    Don't use Polyfilla, use Easyfill which is easier to apply, to sand and it dries quicker.
  11. In your face
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 21:491 edit
    No need for glue. The screw will grip in place regardless.
  12. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    25 Apr '14 22:19
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    Works using only glue too. Work the glue into the hole or put some on the threads (or do both), then wipe off the excess after reinserting the screw. If the hole is too damaged to hold with just glue then using a matchstick or some other wooden splint is the way to go.
  13. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 01:17
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    I use one or two toothpicks, snap them off to length, no need to use glue, so you can disassemble and reassemble it later if needed. I've done this many times. Often a few strands of copper wire will tighten up machine threads in metal. Wallowed out holes in sheet metal can often be peened back into a tight fit, remove screw and peen the surface the threads bit into with a hammer and dolly.
  14. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 01:49
    For those of you who still iron cloths, here is a handy hint.

To help the hot iron glide across the cloth more smoothly place a small sheet of wax paper out on the board and glide the iron across it first. Move the paper out of the way to reuse later. The small amount of wax will then lubricate the iron. I think you will be happy with the results.

As for staining I've never noticed a stain. But be your own judge and try it at your own rick when using on delicates.
  15. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    26 Apr '14 08:32

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree