1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 17:06
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Yes i should keep out as well but I am drawn by an urge to refine myself. Its like an Oyster, it starts with a grain of sand and because it irritates the oyster the oyster salves it over and creates a pearl. I hope to turn all the negativity into a pearl of wisdom.
    Now that will truly be the day. We should all live so long.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 17:321 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Now that will truly be the day. We should all live so long.
    you'd be missin me and pining at the moon for a sign of your robbie, writing love poems and decorating the earth with flowers waiting for my return.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 20:41
    Originally posted by K962
    Hi my name is Kayleigh, I am 13 female from the uk. I am a beginner at chess, and want to learn to play. feel free to play me.
    Sorry, kid, your thread got hijacked. It happens, par for the course. Have fun with your chess games.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 21:57
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    If you wanna go on record as hearing about her here and then prying her number out of her and calling her up then go ahead. I'm sure her dad would like to talk to you.

You did read where she said she was 13, yeah? [b]WHY
    would you be wanting to call her again? Too many kids disappear this way every year for them to go easy on you.[/b]
    What are you talking about you lunatic? The point I replied to said it couldn't be a 13yo girl as she would be in school when the post was made... people post while at work, why not at school also?

Don't know/care about anything else in this thread.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 22:42
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Ha, beers sometime Polska pixi.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '14 22:49
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    There's actually no reason to believe she isn't who she says she is either. The information she gave is generic enough for her to maintain anonymity... she hasn't crossed a dangerous line with a first name age and country. And of course, there will always be doubt about that information to begin with.

And if school is out in the U.K. as it is here in t ...[text shortened]... is a prime example of that, considering the way I've seen new people being greeted here.
    That you freaks think a switched-on 13 year old would actually be here engaging with a bunch of chess nerds on a website, says everything about the American mind set.
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 01:302 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    That you freaks think a switched-on 13 year old would actually be here engaging with a bunch of chess nerds on a website, says everything about the American mind set.
    I didn't say I believed it, I was just saying it's not out of the realm of possibility. I've seen enough of these Hi I'm New Here threads to know what's going on... Reveal Hidden Content
    Hi, I'm new here and I'm new to (playing) chess but I've already beaten some of the strongest players here. Anyone wanna a game with me :-)

This idea you have of the naive American mindset is all in your mind.
  8. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 01:441 edit
    Originally posted by Trev33
    What are you talking about you lunatic? The point I replied to said it couldn't be a 13yo girl as she would be in school when the post was made... people post while at work, why not at school also?

Don't know/care about anything else in this thread.
    Do they have summer vacation in the UK for school kids? If so, then she isn't necessarily in school right now and needing to get up early in the morning.

Someone needs to tell Suzianne that online predators can just as easily pose as protectors of innocent little children, so offering to talk confidentially to a young child (for whatever reason) is really not appropriate. No one should be above suspicion, no matter how good their intentions might actually be, so there's no reason for any reasonable adult to feel miffed if someone declines such an offer.
  9. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 06:03

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 06:382 edits

11. Joined
    17 Jun '14
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 07:07
    omg.... i cant believe there are so many comments on here, i really wasnt expecting so many comments, why are people sending so many horrible messages, i have a right to be here just as everyone else does who is on here, if someone has a problem with me, bring it to the battlefield, i only asked drew if she wanted a game, it wasnt teasing at all, just a invitation to a game, damn if someone thinks asking for a game of chess is teasing, i wonder what people would start thinking if their child asked for a game of snakes and ladders....
  12. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 07:17

13. Joined
    17 Jun '14
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 07:30
    i am quite mature for my age, actually, i am trying to learn a new game, chat and make friends, i know people are not always as they seem, i dont give to much information out about myself, i just wanna have fun and be who i am, i am a happy, outgoing, confident person, and i just wanna play online chess, can i challenge you??
  14. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 09:02
    Originally posted by K962
    i am quite mature for my age, actually, i am trying to learn a new game, chat and make friends, i know people are not always as they seem, i dont give to much information out about myself, i just wanna have fun and be who i am, i am a happy, outgoing, confident person, and i just wanna play online chess, can i challenge you??
    you have your maximum number of games going...

If you want games you can set up invitations (and probably get opponents fast).
    Or you can try to look up who is onle (click Players) and challenge someone.
    Or you can look through the most active player table (tables/MAP of the month) to find somebody likely to make several moves a day.
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 21:00
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Like I said, no one should be above suspicion.

Many if not most of us here (like myself) are only talking to strangers... people we don't really know. I'm in control of the information I give out, and if I'm aware of someone wanting more than I'm willing to give then I'll clam up or move on to talking to someone else. This is why I feel safe enough being here, and I'm willing to give anyone the benefit of the doubt unless they say something to cause doubt... unless, not until.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree