1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '14 08:08
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    I suppose if I was an ignorant self absorbed and arrogant non-American you would have no argument with me. There is such a thing as political regional superiority, but I do not believe in regional superiority when it comes to reasoning and intellect. We have self serving morons to contend with over here just as *ahem* you have over there.
    ...[text shortened]... ties.

If that's how you like it then fine, I'll play along...

[b]you a poo poo head!
    [/b]
    Oh I think you are a lot better at this than you pretend to be, let's look at your post here:

"Poo poo head" > feigned attempt at being rubbish at insults and back handed way of presenting yourself as being way too far above the fray to get involved in such distasteful behaviour.

"Ignorant self absorbed and arrogant non-American" > there, you see you're not too bad at it after all.

Oh and I nearly forgot: (*ahem) "self-serving morons"
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    21 Jun '14 16:20
    If you really wanted to insult me you would have compared me to FMF or Hand of Andy, or some other self absorbed goon.
    Even a goon can recognize you, limeboy (and/or sumydid), as a witless windbag and a blatant sexist pig.
  3. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    21 Jun '14 16:31
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Oh I think you are a lot better at this than you pretend to be, let's look at your post here:

"Poo poo head" > feigned attempt at being rubbish at insults and back handed way of presenting yourself as being way too far above the fray to get involved in such distasteful behaviour.

"Ignorant self absorbed and arrogant non-American" > there, you see you're not too bad at it after all.

Oh and I nearly forgot: (*ahem) "self-serving morons"
    i love it when you play rough...
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jun '14 17:19
    Originally posted by K962
    Hi my name is Kayleigh, I am 13 female from the uk. I am a beginner at chess, and want to learn to play. feel free to play me.
    So young and already AOCP - Anonymous OnLine Chess Player.
    It used to take decades to ruins someone´s life but today...
    Where is this world heading to??

Can´t your parents help you? Poor thing...
  5. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    21 Jun '14 17:491 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    We agree that Kayleigh isn't a 13 year old girl.

We agree? No, again you are trying to control the conversation by telling me I agree with you. I said she could very well be who she says she is. Or maybe she's not, but this in no way means I've fallen in line behind you and agree with everything you say.

I've had real life experiences with adults who came on strong and authorative with my own children, and only backed off when they realised my wife and I were not the weak minded adults they thought we were. My kids are all adults now, have wives and husbands and children of their own, and all of them seem to have their heads screwed on straight when it comes to protecting and teaching their children.

I can't imagine a smart lady like yourself coming on strong in a real life setting, and talking to 13 year old (the way you've done here) with her parents standing nearby. But you don't have to worry over the consequences of your actions here, because you're not literally in the same room as her with her parents standing nearby. Seriously, what would you do if some unknown adult walked up to you and your children and started barking orders to your kids, and were telling them what they may or may not do? Would you stand passively by and allow a stranger to take control over your family?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jun '14 19:451 edit
    [b]We agree that Kayleigh isn't a 13 year old girl.

We agree? No, again you are trying to control the conversation by telling me I agree with you. I said she could very well be who she says she is. Or maybe she's not, but this in no way means I've fallen in line behind you and agree with everything you say.

I've had real life experiences ...[text shortened]... may not do? Would you stand passively by and allow a stranger to take control over your family?[/b]
    Seriously, what would you do if some unknown adult walked up to you and your children and started barking orders to your kids, and were telling them what they may or may not do?

Id say 'carry on stranger', they don't listen to me, maybe they'll listen to you.😵
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '14 23:00
    I'll never understand why any parent would want to set themselves up to be mistrusted by their own children. I always waited until they asked me about Santa Claus, and then I would tell them. I never once told them Santa was real, because I knew from my own experience as a child how it felt to watch an adult look me straight in the eye and tell me somethi ...[text shortened]... to you? Or have you already forgotten the origins of your own beliefs and disbeliefs?

hmmmm?
    Regarding Santa, my sister told me when I was 6 or 7. My response was "do will still get presents?". I do remember being taken back for a moment but with the yes answer I really didn't care.

Don't think kids become any less trusting as adults because of those little lies, I think they become less trusting because of the fear factor they get from TV. Why trust anything when all you hear is bad news?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 06:42
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Even a goon can recognize you, limeboy (and/or sumydid), as a witless windbag and a blatant sexist pig.
    Oh Andy? Where did it all go wrong?
  9. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 09:00

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 15:53
    That K called Grampy bobby "uncle" was a dead cert give away to me that they are a returning user.
  11. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 16:272 edits
    Wake up Lemon Lime.

I was awake when I needed to be, when my kids were young and needed someone in their life to be awake. I'll admit this has struck a nerve in me because you're sounding very much like a woman who tried to woo one of my own daughters away, when my wife was very ill and couldn't be there to watch over the kids.

My youngest daughter was 12, and the woman was the mother of some new friend my daughter had made at school. Apparently the woman took an interest in my daughter and was telling her she could move in with her and her family. I didn't know about this until one day my daughter didn't come home from school, but a few hours after she should have gotten home the woman called me and told me my daughter had decided to live with them... them meaning her and her daughter. The husband/father had already been chased away because (according to her) he was abusive.

We were on the phone for at least an hour as she explained to me how it would be much better for my girl to live with them, seeing as how I was a man and couldn't relate to girls the way a woman can and blah blah blah blah... the more I listened the bolder she became, probably because I didn't challenge anything she said for an entire hour.

So after about an hour of listening to this enlightened woman incriminating herself I told her I didn't know where she lives, but if she didn't bring my daughter home immediately I would be calling the police and tell them all about our conversation. My daughter walked through the door 20 minutes later, and that was the end of it.

So as you can see I was awake when I needed to be, and I have no trouble recognizing a line of bull s*** when I hear it. I'm not worried over bull s*** when I see it here, because whether Kayleigh is who she says she is or not I have yet to see signs of any real danger here.
  12. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 18:25

13. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 19:331 edit
    Of course it should set your alarm bells ringing, no one is arguing with that. What I don't understand is why you have been deliberately misrepresenting what I say... that always sets my alarm bells ringing.

The bells don't ring as loudly here as they did in real life situations, where there was some real danger to watch out for. So far all I've seen you do here is to pretend you know something I don't, and engage in character assassination directed towards me. The real life predator I talked to on the phone did the same. She talked to me as though she knew something I didn't, and tried to cleverly imply I wasn't good enough to be my own girls father. Why she thought I could be fooled by any of that is beyond me. Did she really think because she was successful in driving a man out of her life (her husband) that she could exercise the same control over any man? She didn't know me, or know anything about me.

And you don't appear to know much about me now even though you've had ample opportunity to find out, so what's up with that? Who have you really been talking to here? You tried to paint me as someone who approves of women getting raped earlier in this thread and then directed that comment towards Kayleigh. That pretty much tells the whole story right there. I can forgive you for that, but as far as I'm concerned you are not someone I can (or should) trust.
  14. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 19:53

15. Great Northeast
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 20:19
    There is no age on RHP , as far I can see.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree