1. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 21:201 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    School could be out for the summer. Some kids are home schooled. Some kids have very liberal parents who allow their kids to do almost anything they want to do... and it could be the parents themselves are too busy complaining about corporate injustice and conservatives and those annoying christians to actually pay any real attention to what their children are doing. If it sounds like I'm making unwarranted assumptions then so what? It seems you have been making some unwarranted assumptions yourself unless (there's that word again) you actually know something you haven't yet revealed to the rest of us.

By the way, I know where this kind of unwarranted suspicion comes from. I'm always treated with suspicion whenever I'm new to a site, and it never fails that someone will claim I'm someone else. I'm not offended because I know about the fakers who troll around message boards and enjoy playing mind games. If it wasn't for their constant presence I'm fairly certain the level of paranoia here wouldn't be nearly as high as it it.
  2. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 22:36
    You suggested earlier in the thread that she should PM you, but now you're treating her PM with suspicion... ?

You and dive have both laid claimed to some kind of regional superiority when it comes to understanding people and the internet. Not only am I profoundly unimpressed by this, but do you two have any idea how this might look to someone with an IQ over 90?

For the most part I didn't need to teach my children how to spot contradictions and ditzy reasoning, because they would often come to me and tell me about their own experience with it. I knew parenting wouldn't be easy, but when it came to talking with them most of the time all I had to do was to confirm what they already knew. Kids are natural truth detectors, and that definitely made my job a lot easier.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 22:44
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Kids are natural truth detectors.
    Tell that to Santa Claus and the Easter bunny. Oh and the tooth fairy, that one was classic.
  4. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 22:59

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. old pueblo
    Moves
    20 Jun '14 23:28
    Kids are natural truth detectors, and that definitely made my job a lot easier.
    Same snip.

My local paper is constantly reporting on youth who meet or arrange to meet people in person who they met online. Predators. Either the kids in my small city are statistically stupider than average, or many kids are not truth detectors at all and use poor judgment.
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    21 Jun '14 04:50
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Tell that to Santa Claus and the Easter bunny. Oh and the tooth fairy, that one was classic.
    I'll never understand why any parent would want to set themselves up to be mistrusted by their own children. I always waited until they asked me about Santa Claus, and then I would tell them. I never once told them Santa was real, because I knew from my own experience as a child how it felt to watch an adult look me straight in the eye and tell me something was true that I already knew wasn't true.

There is no such thing as a harmless lie when talking to children... it just sets them up for becoming jaded and mistrusting adults later in life. So what do you think Trev, does this sound at all familiar to you? Or have you already forgotten the origins of your own beliefs and disbeliefs?

hmmmm?
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    21 Jun '14 05:09
    Wow, that's what got from that? This says more about your own mindset than it does about anything I actually said.

If you spent more time reading and understanding what is said, and less time fantasizing over what you think it means (or want it to mean?) there could actually be some room in your life for something other than a simple minded soap opera mentality. I don't work with you and I don't work for you, and we don't have any real relationship here, dear, so in truth there is no reason for me to have to put up with your crap.

If you have a problem with Kayleigh then I suggest you take it up with her parents. Or did it not occur to you that she might have parents, and that you are not one of them? If anyone has authority over her and the right to tell her what to do or what not to do, don't you believe it just might be one or both of them? Or am I just being stupid by not believing you when you act as though you have this authority?
  8. old pueblo
    Moves
    21 Jun '14 05:12
    It's funny the different ways we interpret the same events, because my ex was quite distressed too. I remember feeling like a grown-up because I was in on the secret and my younger siblings weren't. It was like a rite of passage, like "flying up" in Girl Scouts.
  9. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    21 Jun '14 05:191 edit
    Originally posted by Sahuaro
    Same snip.

My local paper is constantly reporting on youth who meet or arrange to meet people in person who they met online. Predators. Either the kids in my small city are statistically stupider than average, or many kids are not truth detectors at all and use poor judgment.
    This is why it's important for parents to not ignore their kids, and be genuinely interested in them and what they are doing. Unfortunately, genuine interest and concern is not something that can be taught. Either parents have already learned this from their own parents or they figure it out for themselves. Stupidity seen demonstrated by adults doesn't just happen over night, it has to start somewhere. And it usually starts when they are still very young.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '14 05:19
    You suggested earlier in the thread that she should PM you, but now you're treating her PM with suspicion... ?

You and dive have both laid claimed to some kind of regional superiority when it comes to understanding people and the internet. Not only am I profoundly unimpressed by this, but do you two have any idea how this might look to someone w ...[text shortened]... ey already knew. Kids are natural truth detectors, and that definitely made my job a lot easier.
    What you are "profoundly unimpressed" by is of zero interest to me sumydid.
  11. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    21 Jun '14 05:32
    I was thoroughly interrogated when I got here.

No you weren't. I read the thread someone here put up a link to after you made that claim. You were in control of the conversation from the start... in my book that is not the same as being thoroughly interrogated. You were being thoroughly manipulative and seemed to gain trust almost immediately. You knew what you were doing... and so do I.
  12. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    21 Jun '14 05:40
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What you are "profoundly unimpressed" by is of zero interest to me sumydid.
    And I'm thoroughly unimpressed in what interests you. I've read some of sumydids past posts, and I really can't say I mind being compared to him... the guy not only has a brain, he used it.

If you really wanted to insult me you would have compared me to FMF or Hand of Andy, or some other self absorbed goon.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '14 05:481 edit
    If you really wanted to insult me you would have compared me to FMF or Hand of Andy, or some other self absorbed goon.
    The insult wasn't calling you "sumydid" (although some would argue differently), it was calling you a naive American freaky chess nerd.
  14. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    21 Jun '14 06:46
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The insult wasn't calling you "sumydid" (although some would argue differently), it was calling you a naive American freaky chess nerd.
    I suppose if I was an ignorant self absorbed and arrogant non-American you would have no argument with me. There is such a thing as political regional superiority, but I do not believe in regional superiority when it comes to reasoning and intellect. We have self serving morons to contend with over here just as *ahem* you have over there.

Playing to the gallery is a fools game... evidently neither you or Drew are able to have a real conversation with people you disagree with, but I'm still not sure of what exactly it is you disagree with. You don't get what I've been saying or you do, but it doesn't seem to matter because either way it appears to rub you the wrong way. Either way, the insults and disagreements appear to be fueled by nothing more than conflicting personalities.

If that's how you like it then fine, I'll play along...

you a poo poo head!
  15. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    21 Jun '14 07:071 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree