1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Feb '16 00:371 edit
    "Mindset Habits:" (May 20, 2010)

"You are here: Home / subconscious / The Human Mind – How does it all work?

The Human Mind – How does it all work?" (Part 1)

"Just how does the conscious, subconscious, and unconscious mind work? And what is the difference between them?

In these series of articles we’ll have a look at how the three minds – conscious, subconscious, and unconscious – work together to create your reality … and how to use that knowledge to change your habits and create a happier, more peaceful and confident you.

A Walk Through the Human Mind

The concept of three levels of mind is nothing new. Sigmund Freud, the famous Austrian psychologist was probably the first to popularize it into mainstream society as we know it today. Even though his theories have subsequently been widely disputed in Psychology circles because they are very hard to scientifically prove, Freud nonetheless created a useful model of the mind, which he separated into 3 tiers or sections – the conscious mind or ego, the preconscious, and the unconscious mind.

The best way I have found to illustrate the concept of the three minds is by using a triangle. If you imagine at the very tip of the triangle is your conscious mind. It occupies only a small portion of space at the top, a bit like an iceberg where only a fraction of it is showing above the water. It probably represents about 10% of your brain capacity.

Below this is a slightly larger section that Freud called the preconscious, or what some refer to as the subconscious. It is much larger than the conscious mind and accounts for around 50-60% of your brain capabilities.

The section below this is the unconscious mind. It occupies the whole width of the base of the triangle and fills out the other 30-40% of the triangle. It is vast and deep and largely inaccessible to conscious thought, a bit like the dark depths of the ocean." (to be continued) http://www.mindset-habits.com/conscious-subconscious-unconscious-mind/

Wow!
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Feb '16 07:181 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    "Kindred Spirits"

"Types of Kindred Spirits Kindred spirits come in all forms. A co-worker who hates the company as much as you do, a sibling who shares your parental frustrations or a neighbor who boycotts the same block party as you all count as kindred spirits. In an informal way, this term has come to mean someone you feel a connection w ...[text shortened]... nating and as yet unexplored phenomena with your own personal observations and insights. Regards, GB
    “It is a common experience that a problem difficult at night is resolved in the morning
    after the committee of sleep has worked on it.” ―John Steinbeck, Sweet Thursday

John Steinbeck's "the committee of sleep" resonates with my own name for our subconscious:
    "The Night Shift" which leaves a "Morning Report". Your experiences and thoughts?

“More than ninety-five percent of your brain activity, as you consciously read this sentence, is being used by your subconscious mind.”
    ―Kevin Michel, Moving Through Parallel Worlds To Achieve Your Dreams
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Feb '16 08:19
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Your experiences and thoughts?
    Are you saying that you have had experience of some sort of extrasensory communication? Is that what you want people's thoughts on?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Feb '16 10:50
    there is a claim that much of chess is learned subconsciously, i bewieve it, many times I have been daydreaming and a chess position inadvertently pops into my mind even when i was thinking of cream cakes.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Feb '16 11:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    there is a claim that much of chess is learned subconsciously, i bewieve it, many times I have been daydreaming and a chess position inadvertently pops into my mind even when i was thinking of cream cakes.
    Ah. So THAT'S how you came up with the 'cream cake gambit'.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Feb '16 12:09
    “The subconscious mind is aware of the many worlds unfolding in each moment.”
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Feb '16 12:31
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Ah. So THAT'S how you came up with the 'cream cake gambit'.
    yes but its not been working on the Ghostly Duke, he is getting help from his cat, damn that cat!
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Feb '16 13:05
    yes but its not been working on the Ghostly Duke, he is getting help from his cat, damn that cat!
    A deadly combination of Ghostly genius and feline intuition.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Feb '16 13:072 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    A deadly combination of Ghostly genius and feline intuition.
    That cat needs a good hoovering! feline fiend!

and the ghostly Duke, next time i carry a pistol loaded with a silver bullet from a crucifix! 😛
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Feb '16 13:111 edit
    That cat needs a good hoovering! feline fiend!

and the ghostly Duke, next time i carry a pistol loaded with a silver bullet from a crucifix! 😛
    Believe that only works sir on ghostly werewolves and Estate Agents.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Feb '16 13:16
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Believe that only works sir on ghostly werewolves and Estate Agents.
    same difference! scavenging salivating ravenous beasts!
  12. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    25 Feb '16 13:49
    i bewieve it
    Your Elmer Fudd accent is adorable.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Feb '16 15:03
    “To strengthen the connection between your conscious and subconscious,
    is to gain access to a map and compass, as you travel through parallel worlds.”
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '16 17:08
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Your Elmer Fudd accent is adorable.
    dwool
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Feb '16 19:131 edit
    Original post by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    "Observations: In recent months it's become increasingly apparent to me that "Kindred Spirits" may actually simultaneously send, receive and process impromptu/spontaneous Kindred Spirit Memos at odd hours of the day and night. These invisible yet palpable communications seem to suggest that a virtual conversation is taking place before the fact [especially when they're subsequently followed by an email or phone call which validates the date and time when they occurred with online and/or offline loved ones and trusted friends].

Let's brain storm this fascinating and as yet unexplored phenomena with your own personal observations and insights. Regards, GB"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree