1. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    17 Dec '15 21:23
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    why don't we all just throw a party and get drunk?
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '15 21:44
    We'll be lucky if he goes two days in a row without posting.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '15 21:471 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Thank you.
    if you are gone from the forums, completely, including private messages, for more than a lunar cycle, I will wire you $1,000,000.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '15 21:48
    Originally posted by Trev33
    We'll be lucky if he goes two days in a row without posting.
    Ha! I posted before I saw this.
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    17 Dec '15 21:58
    I do like the avian bent but my favs are raptors. Perhaps a Bald Eagle (see my pic in my profile). Nah that's too obvious. No, I'd say maybe a Red Tail or even an Osprey. The problem I'd have is that I have no idea how one goes about doing it. No, not that "it" 😠 I mean the movement of the pic to the avatar position.
  6. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    17 Dec '15 23:42

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 01:11

8. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 01:382 edits
    He said he's giving up his subscription.
    Nothing about leaving the site.

So now we'll have non-sub-scum copy & paste threads clogging up the forum instead of subscriber copy & paste threads.
    I suspect he's emoting. He's stated his intention to "leave the site until x date" before and never actually managed to stay away for that long.

Personally I'd prefer that there were less threads being created which had original content .. than more threads that had constant updates of regurgitated platitudes.
    One can't deny that GB energises the forums, but the particular brand of energy (copy, paste, list, etc etc) is not one I enjoy.

I don't wish GB ill - I just wish he could channel the energy he has into something other than ctrl+c & ctrl+v
    Grammpy - do the blog thing. It'd probably work for everyone.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 01:43
    Your concerns about a possible "vacuum" might well be flirting with the notion that 'quantity is more important than quality'. Then again, maybe someone could step up and undertake to start numerous threads bemoaning the 'lack of breeding' and 'savagery' ~ and insult and nag (or even threaten) an unknown number of unnamed posters for unspecified transgressions ~ and then play victim when people push back. But if the word "vacuum" refers to an absence of this and to a reduction in threads being spammed with copious dollops of unoriginal material, then - while it might score low on the quantity front - it doesn't necessarily mean it will score low on the quantity front.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 01:49
    Originally posted by orangutan
    Grammpy - do the blog thing. It'd probably work for everyone.
    I agree. With a blog he could get all kinds of stuff off his chest in this way ~ whilst keeping complete control over every single detail and silencing dissenting voices ~ and then just exercise his whimsy, his eclectic, thought provoking and gregarious side (which has has been always a part of his persona too) here at RHP.
  11. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 02:00

12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 10:16
    drewnogal, because of offline priorities my reply will be delayed a few days. Enjoy your weekend. ~Bobby
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 10:17
    drewnogal, because of offline priorities my reply will be delayed a few days. Enjoy your weekend. ~Bobby
    Why didn't you post your "Memo" in a few days from now?
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 11:294 edits
    Postscript: Here's a summary of the activity volumes of my own threads on this forum with one hundred (100)
    or more posts August 26 to December 18, 2015 (the past 114 days):

1) Threads without an Original Post based on a Copy & Paste: Thirteen (13) threads with 14,705 Posts
    or an average of 1,011 posts per thread.

2) Threads with an Original Post based on a Copy & Paste: Four (4) threads with 1,469 Posts
    or an average of 367 posts per thread.

3) Combined Total Threads: seventeen (17) with 16,174 Posts
    or an average of 951 posts per thread.

Note: It's my hope that this summary will provide a meaningful context for further discussion following
    my reply to your questions within a few days. Thanks again for your interest in this topic.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 11:321 edit
    Postscript: Here's a summary of the activity volumes of my own threads on this forum with one hundred (100)
    or more posts August 26 to December 18, 2015 (the past 114 days):

1) Threads without an Original Post based on a Copy & Paste: Thirteen (13) threads with [b]14,705 Posts
    or an average of [b]1,011 posts per thread.

2) Threads with an Original Post based on a Copy & Paste: Three (3) threads with [b]1,469 Posts
    or an average of [b]490 posts per thread.

3) Combined Total Threads: sixteen (16) with [b]16,147 Posts
    or an average of [b]1,011 posts per thread.

Note: It's my hope that this summary will provide a meaningful context for further discussion following
    my reply to your questions within a few days. Thanks again for your interest in this topic.

Do these figures include word games threads?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree