1. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    12 Apr '20 13:49
    @ponderable said
    Sir Stirling Moss
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/52261216

when i got to race a "car" it was wooden wheels nailed to a box and pushed by a guy i thought was my friend

but stirling moss was a REAL driver
    and one of my childhood memories
  2. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    13 Apr '20 03:58
    Anthony Causi
    NY Post Sports Photographer Dies of Coronavirus at 48

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/04/anthony-causi-death/

this guy's photos have inspired me
  3. Gothenburg
    Moves
    16 Apr '20 20:22
    American actor Brian Dennehy died yesterday, 81 years old.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    17 Apr '20 20:31
    Howard Finkel. "The Voice of . . . "
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '20 22:05
    @torunn said
    American actor Brian Dennehy died yesterday, 81 years old.
    Oh dear; he was a really watchable screen presence.
    He was underestimated in the original Rambo I thought.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '20 22:06
    Norman Hunter footballer of 1970s Leeds Utd.

A proper footballer.
    “Norman bites yer legs”
  7. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    πŸ€” Bolton
    Moves
    18 Apr '20 11:06
    @divegeester
    I'm a serious football fan (Liverpool). Remember him when I was a kid. ****ing sad news.
  8. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    πŸ€” Bolton
    Moves
    18 Apr '20 11:261 edit
    @Hells-Caretaker

Peter Bonetti, footballer (Chelsea GP).
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '20 00:17
    Henry Grimes, the great jazz bass player.
  10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    25 Apr '20 12:46
    Norbert Blüm

German minister of labour in the 80's famous for his slogan
    Eines ist sicher: die Rente!
    (the one safe thing: retirement money)

Though he was laughed at for it at the time he was right in the time frame thatw as relevant. We will see about the future (demographic problems in Germany)
  11. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    27 Apr '20 00:37
    Today turned sad. A very dear friend from high school passed away last night suddenly.We weren’t friends in high school. In fact, she used to tease me mercilessly back then. But we grew up and reconnected and found out about the pain we each held inside during those times. As adults and away from the teenage drama of high school, we became good friends and I think I can say I loved her as a sister.

She and another friend came to Seattle a couple of years ago and we spent an entire night getting drunk, laughing together, all of us eventually passing out in their hotel room.

At one point during the evening, we all stopped to talk to a man who told us he was going to spend the night under a bridge in the autumn chill. She handed him some money and I gave him the wool shawl I was wearing to keep warm. Next Christmas I received a package from both of them with another shawl to replace the one I gave away. I’ve been sitting with that shawl all afternoon with an occasional tear of sadness and gratitude that we were able to see past our youth and find not only peace, but joy together.She died of a heart attack suddenly and mine is breaking.

Thank you Tracy, for living your life authentically and passionately. The world is a little less lighthearted without you in it. πŸ’”
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    27 Apr '20 00:43
    @hakima said
    Today turned sad. A very dear friend from high school passed away last night suddenly.We weren’t friends in high school. In fact, she used to tease me mercilessly back then. But we grew up and reconnected and found out about the pain we each held inside during those times. As adults and away from the teenage drama of high school, we became good friends and I think I can say I ...[text shortened]... ur life authentically and passionately. The world is a little less lighthearted without you in it. πŸ’”
    People really are, both able to change and to forgive. Soooo sorry for your loss.πŸ˜₯😘
  13. Gothenburg
    Moves
    27 Apr '20 07:48
    @hakima
    Sad to hear. I can't imagine my life without my oldest friend. We met when I was 5 and she was 6 and we have never lost touch.
  14. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    27 Apr '20 08:01
    @hells-caretaker said
    @divegeester
    I'm a serious football fan (Liverpool). Remember him when I was a kid. ****ing sad news.
    Just read that. That whole Leeds team were frightening. Really missing going to the match now. We sit in the lower Main Stand just about level with the penalty area.
  15. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    27 Apr '20 08:05
    @hakima said
    Today turned sad. A very dear friend from high school passed away last night suddenly.We weren’t friends in high school. In fact, she used to tease me mercilessly back then. But we grew up and reconnected and found out about the pain we each held inside during those times. As adults and away from the teenage drama of high school, we became good friends and I think I can say I ...[text shortened]... ur life authentically and passionately. The world is a little less lighthearted without you in it. πŸ’”
    Sorry for your loss Hakima. Feeling really bad for writing about football straight after your post!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree