Please....

Please....

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
01 Apr 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
I guess we should all just stfu and let the increasing financial pressures cripple the penal system and continue to compromise the judiciary and parole processes...while the liberals plead for an rehabilative idealism only found in Hollywood and pulp fiction.
For some reason I am able to talk objectively about this subject. I’ve never been personally affected
by these kind of perpetrators. I’d probably be different if I had? I do care about people and chose a
field of work for which I had a passion. I believe I was able to make a difference to some. I also believe
it better to leave any need for change in this subject with the decisions of those who work as experts in the field.

If I felt as you did I’d be doing something about it. Can I ask whether you signed the petition at the
start of the thread or whether you do anything locally like lobbying your MP?

Moves
02 Apr 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @drewnogal
For some reason I am able to talk objectively about this subject. I’ve never been personally affected by these kind of perpetrators. I’d probably be different if I had? I do care about people and chose a field of work for which I had a passion. I believe I was able to make a difference to some. I also believe it better to leave any need for change in this ...[text shortened]... he petition at the start of the thread or whether you do anything locally like lobbying your MP?
I am talking objectively and have also never been affected by the issues in this thread. But do you think that those who have been affected cannot be objective and therefore their opinion should be discounted?

You sound a bit like sonship (a long time poster in the spirituality forum) who when challenged on his alleged plagiarism insisted that his detractors contact the Italian publishers to make a complaint.

This is a general forum discussion board drewnogal; disagreement with you does not require ligitimisation via a political lobby.

Moves
02 Apr 18

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
I really don't want to list EVERYTHING I read!
That would be rather boring ... but it does include the quality British & US press.

Care to give us your reading list?
Calm down Sir, did I ask you to list anything?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
02 Apr 18

Calm down Sir, did I ask you to list anything?
You tell me I'm living an isolated existence then tell me I should read more.
(How will you know what I read unless I list everything?)

Moves
02 Apr 18

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
You tell me I'm living an isolated existence then tell me I should read more.
(How will you know what I read unless I list everything?)
I don’t need to check up on you 😛

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
03 Apr 18

I am talking objectively and have also never been affected by the issues in this thread. But do you think that those who have been affected cannot be objective and therefore their opinion should be discounted?
That a victim or their family should have the right to voice their opinion on how long a perpetrator is imprisoned?

Moves
03 Apr 18
1 edit

That a victim or their family should have the right to voice their opinion on how long a perpetrator is imprisoned?
Why shouldn’t they have the right to voice their opinion? Perhaps you think the voices of those children (or their parents) who are kidnapped, raped, murdered and dumped have no place in demanding justice.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
03 Apr 18
1 edit

Why shouldn’t they have the right to voice their opinion? Perhaps you think the voices of those children (or their parents) who are kidnapped, raped, murdered and dumped have no place in demanding justice.
How do you suggest it’s done?
They meet with a judge before sentencing?

Btw, no need to keep being so graphic with the details.
I’m quite aware, I read the links above.

Moves
03 Apr 18

How do you suggest it’s done?
They meet with a judge before sentencing?
I’m not suggesting anything I’m just responding to your claim about objectivity of victims and their right to comment.

You are the one who feels the child murderer in OP should be released, I’m just contending that he shouldn’t be and standing up for the victims who demand a better justice than that.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
03 Apr 18

I’m not suggesting anything I’m just responding to your claim about objectivity of victims and their right to comment.
They are gettin their right to comment. They are appealing,

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
03 Apr 18
1 edit

You are the one who feels the child murderer in OP should be released.
If a person has done their time they should be released.
Whatever the crime. That’s the whole point of having a judge.

Moves
03 Apr 18
2 edits

If a person has done their time they should be released.
Whatever the crime. That’s the whole point of having a judge.
Do you feel that the time served was appropriate for crime committed?

Moves
03 Apr 18

They are gettin their right to comment. They are appealing,
Do you support their right to appeal and if appeal is granted do you support the decision?

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
03 Apr 18

Do you feel that the time served was appropriate?
Without being involved somewhere in the whole process how could I ever have an objective view on it?

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
03 Apr 18

Do you support their right to appeal and if appeal is granted do you support the decision?
Of course I do.