09 Mar '18 20:04
    Heavy thread 😲
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 21:21
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I hope I don’t have to say this but I will anyway; that while I strenuously disagree with both yourself and drewnogal, I absolutely do not interpret (what I see as being) your softy liberal approach to the permenant incarceration of the child sex murderer in the OP, as being either of you “supporting child rapists”.

We can disagree and even argue but I’m certain none of us are proposing “supporting” these monsters in some way.
    And I would never dream that you would.
    But thanks for the clarification - it might benefit Gambrel.
  3. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 11:14
    I have a loved one who is a victim of rape. So I have a zero tolerance for personal reasons. I believe they should be executed, then let God show them mercy.
    My apologizes to Drew and wolfie
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 11:512 edits
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    If the judiciary says it doesn't, I don't think it's healthy that the bloody assizes of public outcry should overturn that decision. If you want stricter punishment, you need to change the law, not ignore it yourself like a tin-pot dictator.
    I see, so just agree with everything that the judiciary says.

Baa, baa, baa.

I know a police officer who often releases a sex offender every so often. When they release him they follow him, literally, until he offends once again and then throw him back into prison.

Can you splalin to me how this is rational? The judiciary is obviously insane.
  5. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 13:101 edit
    Originally posted by @ketchuplover
    [b]find,sign,& share the petition to keep halloween killer incarcerated...asap...endless thanks
    Update from FDL Reporter:

The petition got almost 24,000 signatures.

Since Turner’s mandatory release date from Racine Correctional Institution was Feb. 1, he could no longer be held in prison, said DOJ spokesperson Johnny Koremenos. However, a probable cause hearing set for April 6 will determine whether Turner can be classified as a violent sex offender and detained for the rest of his life at a state-run treatment facility. State Attorney General Brad Schimel wants Turner committed under the state’s violent sex offender law. Chapter 980, referred to as "Turner's Law," is a civil commitment process to a secure mental health facility that holds a prisoner beyond the mandated prison release date. Turner’s case will be heard at 9 a.m. on April 6 in the courtroom of Fond du Lac Circuit Court Judge Robert Wirtz.

https://www.fdlreporter.com/story/news/2018/02/08/fond-du-lacs-halloween-killer-gerald-turner-moved-juneau-county/319515002/
  6. Gothenburg
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 18:11
    Originally posted by @gambrel
    I have a loved one who is a victim of rape. So I have a zero tolerance for personal reasons. I believe they should be executed, then let God show them mercy.
    I'm sorry to hear that - my daughter was too, many years ago. They were sentenced to jail for two years thanks to her own determination. One of them didn't yet have permission to stay in this country and was sent back to where he came from.
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 18:24
    Originally posted by @torunn
    I'm sorry to hear that - my daughter was too, many years ago. They were sentenced to jail for two years thanks to her own determination. One of them didn't yet have permission to stay in this country and was sent back to where he came from.
    What a horrid thing for any child to have to endure. The sentence seems somewhat light, considering the "crime".
  8. Gothenburg
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 18:322 edits
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    What a horrid thing for any child to have to endure. The sentence seems somewhat light, considering the "crime".
    Thank you, yes she was still a teenager trusting most people. Being raped has always been looked upon as something that could have been avoided, had you not chosen to be in that particular place at that particular time, wearing those particular clothes... I hope, we all do, that this attitude - and laws - are slowly changing towards greater realism.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Mar '18 18:57
    Originally posted by @gambrel
    I have a close family member and two good friends who were sexually assaulted,
    if I had got hold of any of them ....

Good reason for judges to be impartial.

As for god showing them mercy ... well - haven't you heard? There are no gods.
  10. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Mar '18 10:02
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I see, so just agree with everything that the judiciary says.

Baa, baa, baa.
    If you want the law changed, get it changed. Don't ignore it, that way lies lawlessness - a.k.a. Alabama.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 09:59
    Good to see the “professionals” decision to release Warbouys was not only overturned, but pretty much derided by the judge and the head of parole board quits in the debacle. Justice all round I’d say.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 10:02
    Originally posted by @torunn
    So sorry and sad to read this.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 10:031 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 10:05
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    I have a close family member and two good friends who were sexually assaulted,
    if I had got hold of any of them ....

Good reason for judges to be impartial.

As for god showing them mercy ... well - haven't you heard? There are no gods.
    Of course judges should be impartial.
  15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    30 Mar '18 15:021 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    So sorry and sad to read this.
    Thank you, it changed her trust and her life too. Her decisions after that were much the result from those hours. It's all in the past now but we know what rape can be like.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree