1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 04:091 edit
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    When all it takes is to use the ignore function, you seem to be just looking to instigate, IMHO.
    I asked him politely not to PM me, in part, because he himself has boasted that he has never used the ignore function. One would have thought, bearing this in mind, that he would have stopped sending PMs when requested to do so, rather than suggesting instead that I use the ignore function.
  2. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 04:12
    Geez, you guys need to get a life!
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 04:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    I asked him politely not to PM me, in part, because he himself has boasted that he has never used the ignore function. One would have thought, bearing this in mind, that he would have stopped sending PMs when requested to do so, rather than suggesting instead that I use the ignore function.
    BS-O-Meter
    ..................................................l.

NOTE: It is getting longer! 😛
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 04:18
    Originally posted by Phranny
    Geez, you guys need to get a life!
    If you had one, you wouldn't be in here telling us to get one! 😛
  5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 05:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, "others" have described having similar problems and some have made suggestions or told me how they have handled it. As for your take on it, I do "get it".
    i think the solution is evident

Grampy Bobby should PM you hourly with assurances that you will not be receiving unsolicited PMs and that only if you request one or more PMs, and then, certainly, only for specifically defined and appropriately cited purposes would you receive a PM from him; however, he should also specify, possibly in alternate PMs, most propitiously sent, presumably, on the 30 minutes past the hour mark, that you would not be receiving PMs from a surrogate either; last, and this one might be doubful, but, it seems best that Gampy Bobby send you hourly PMs providing assurances that he has not sent you any unsolicited PMs.

oh wait, one more PM must be sent, and that would be one that details the appropriate modality for appealing any perceived transgressions.

yes, that should do it fine.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 05:58
    Originally posted by coquette
    i think the solution is evident

Grampy Bobby should PM you hourly with assurances that you will not be receiving unsolicited PMs and that only if you request one or more PMs, and then, certainly, only for specifically defined and appropriately cited purposes would you receive a PM from him; however, he should also specify, possibly in alternate PMs, most ...[text shortened]... appropriate modality for appealing any perceived transgressions.

yes, that should do it fine.
    The PMs have stopped. My question was about whether others had experienced something similar.
  7. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 06:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    The PMs have stopped. My question was about whether others had experienced something similar.
    I have, some googly eyed guy keeps whining about the sending of PMs.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 06:121 edit
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    This thread is about whether there were any posters who had experienced something similar. It seems there are those who have.
  9. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 06:13
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    diffusion might be the solution

we could all, for the sake of community service,

send FMF a PM to let him know that we will not be sending him any PMs under any circumstances

that should put his mind at ease
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 06:14
    diffusion might be the solution

we could all, for the sake of community service,

send FMF a PM to let him know that we will not be sending him any PMs under any circumstances

that should put his mind at ease
    Have you had any problems like the one described in the OP?
  11. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 06:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    OP?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 06:20
    OP?
    Opening post (of this thread).
  13. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 06:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    Opening post (of this thread).
    i use the ignore option for that purpose

Grampy Bobby has not sent me unwanted, unwelcome or unsolicited PMs, nor have i had the occasion or impulse to request that he refrain from sending any PMs

however, i do have a fairly extensive ignore list
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 06:33
    i use the ignore option for that purpose

Grampy Bobby has not sent me unwanted, unwelcome or unsolicited PMs, nor have i had the occasion or impulse to request that he refrain from sending any PMs

however, i do have a fairly extensive ignore list
    Rather like Grampy Bobby, I do not like to use the ignore function. I would have thought a simple request not to send PMs would suffice. He's stopped now anyway, so it was either the repeated requests that achieved that, or it may have been me asking others if polite requests had worked for them in the past.
  15. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 06:331 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I've never really had any bad experiences with messages at this site that I remember. Not all my correspondences were pleasant. But I've never felt disrespected, treated unfairly or insulted by anyone at this site.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree