Psychiatrists and  Psychologists

Psychiatrists and Psychologists

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gothenburg

Moves
26 Nov 19
1 edit

@very-rusty said
Really....ARe you saying you and goad were patients?

You don't have any idea what it is like unless you've actually worked with someone who has the issues being discussed, or actually were a patient!

-VR
That's true - either, or, or both. Who knows what background people have here.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 Nov 19
3 edits

Gothenburg

Moves
26 Nov 19

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I have seen and read enough about similar situations, and I am just grateful I don't have those issues.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 Nov 19
1 edit

@torunn said
I have seen and read enough about similar situations, and I am just grateful I don't have those issues.
So there you go, so you don't really know much about it....Have you ever talked with someone who has the issues?..... I have and they feel like the are being baby sat...those were the persons words. Didn't like it one bit.

I am thinking the guy's meds isn't quite right for him to be feeling like that....The good part is he isn't violent, or I should say I haven't seen him violent yet, and if he ever does get violent. I am getting the hell out of his way.

I wonder what if someday he decides he isn't going to take the meds? I am telling you he is a guiet gentle big guy but I think what is keeping him under control is the meds. I think it saves the hospital having to look after him, and costs them less. That is my opinion, which I am certainly entitled to as much as you or goad or anyone else is to their opinion.

I was happy for the person they had a job even for a couple hours at a hospital, as they were so proud of it.

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
26 Nov 19

@very-rusty said
So there you go, so you don't really know much about it....Have you ever talked with someone who has the issues?..... I have and they feel like the are being baby sat...those were the persons words. Didn't like it one bit.

I am thinking the guy's meds isn't quite right for him to be feeling like that....The good part is he isn't violent, or I should say I haven't seen ...[text shortened]... the person they had a job even for a couple hours at a hospital, as they were so proud of it.

-VR
I think I know what I need to know to feel empathy. I haven't met anyone who would consider it babysitting, just necessary help.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 Nov 19
1 edit

@torunn said
I think I know what I need to know to feel empathy. I haven't met anyone who would consider it babysitting, just necessary help.
Then you haven't thought of the patient and how the patient feels about it torunn....Perhaps give that a little thought!!!

I can't tell you it is the same for all patients just the one I've talked to....I do plan on finding out more about it from the patients themselves. Also the people who actually spend some time with them.

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Nov 19
1 edit

Fishing for personal information again?

Frankly, it's none of your business.

You are one of the most callous users here. Do you care about anyone aside from yourself?

Gothenburg

Moves
26 Nov 19

@very-rusty said
Then you haven't thought of the patient and how the patient feels about it torunn....Perhaps give that a little thought!!!

I can't tell you it is the same for all patients just the one I've talked to....I do plan on finding out more about it from the patients themselves. Also the people who actually spend some time with them.

-VR
"Then you haven't thought of the patient and how the patient feels about it torunn....Perhaps give that a little thought!!!"

That's what empathy is about, VR.

Read a book!

Moves
26 Nov 19

None of your business, pinhead.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
26 Nov 19

@torunn said
I applaud you for trying, but you can't reason with some people.

Worth noting that I have worked with thousands of clients over the last 20 years and never heard a single one say they felt babysat by mental health services. Not one.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
26 Nov 19

@very-rusty said

-VR
Are you going to ask them for information you have no right to?

Are you going to pry into their personal business, too?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 Nov 19
1 edit

@suzianne said
Are you going to ask them for information you have no right to?

Are you going to pry into their personal business, too?
What I do in my private public life is none of your business Suzie Q!!!

I'd like to get more input on the story from both sides which I eventually will.

I may or may not share with the rest of you, depending on my mood! 😛 😉

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 Nov 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I applaud you for trying, but you can't reason with some people.

Worth noting that I have worked with thousands of clients over the last 20 years and never heard a single one say they felt babysat by mental health services. Not one.
I guess, your word is your proof on that Eh goad? 😛 🙂

-VR

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
26 Nov 19

@very-rusty said
I guess, your word is your proof on that Eh goad? 😛 🙂

-VR
Tell us more sir of your good friend the politician who will be the next PM of Canada.

It was soooo convincing.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 Nov 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Tell us more sir of your good friend the politician who will be the next PM of Canada.

It was soooo convincing.
Did I say he was a good friend? Show me where I said he was a good friend!! 😛

Besides you are not remotely interested!

-VR