1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 13:29
    @vespin said
    His response was not close to saying he was nasty when he drank. He was someone who did a lot of sports, which he could brag about but doesn't. You all know each other well it appears but don't seem to know Rusty at all. When you are good at sports, your personality is competitive. So like me, I am sure he got his point made, and if he felt he was correct, drinking or not, ...[text shortened]... worth. Now the few members of the pack can attack me instead. I won't read it, but have fun with it.
    Have you just arrived from Jupiter?
  2. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 13:37
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Have you just arrived from Jupiter?
    Or the 18th century.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 13:42
    @the-gravedigger said
    Or the 18th century.
    Or a parallel universe where Rusty is the chap you go to when you have a problem.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 13:44
    @vespin said. You all know each other well it appears but don't seem to know Rusty at all.

Lastly, I think it is disgusting to talk about anyone and their disease.
    All your waffle aside, it seems that it is you who don’t know Very Rusty at all, not in the slightest... because as others will confirm, he is completely open and forthright about being a recovering alcoholic.

He talks about it regularly and unprompted in this forum and frankly his posts on the subject are interesting and some of his best.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 13:47
    @vespin said

My two cents worth. Now the few members of the pack can attack me instead. I won't read it, but have fun with it.
    To be honest old chap, I have very little respect for the tactic of dumping misguided stuff in a thread and then saying you won't be back to hear any replies.

It smacks of cowardice.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 16:251 edit
    @very-musty said
    I think he goes to A.A. with Rusty? 🤔
    I don't know VESPIN all that well, except he said he is in the medical field. I've never heard of him talking about having issues with Alcohol. I went to some meetings at AA didn't work for me. I had to quit on my own which meant dropping my drinking buddies and making all new friends. The people I drank with were just drinking buddies, not really friends as I had thought.
    I was not a bully in my own opinion but drinking or sober I didn't back down from anyone, so VESPIN did get that correct and I thank him for his kind words, which were quite unexpected to tell you the truth.
    I pretty much am my own man and go my own way. I don't agree with anyone just for the sake of agreeing with them or trying to get on their good side. I may at times be a little overly aggressive in my bantering sessions.
    If you've never had issues with alcohol and aren't in the Medical profession in my opinion you don't know what one goes through to quit drinking. So I am very proud to be able to say as I've said before and probably will again, to have quit on March 22, 1992. Yes the date is etched in my mind forever. It was a big accomplishment for me after trying since 1985 unsuccessfully. It took me awhile to admit I was an alcoholic as I worked held down a management position. I was shocked at my first AA meeting to see all the professionals there. Judges, policeman, fireman, Doctors, Nurses, I couldn't believe it.
    Life isn't a bed of roses, and alcoholism is not a joke, it exists. I'll be damned if I'll take any crap from you or anyone else on it. I am not even going to reply to others on here who have had negative things to say.
    I just watched the funeral of Prince Phillip which was very moving. I am sure it was watched by millions all over the world. I learned some things about him that I didn't know before and a little about how the monarchy in England works. So I have a better idea of that now. Perhaps you should find out more about alcoholism so you know what your talking about next time.

-VR
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 19:49

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 20:08
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Stranger things...
  9. Joined
    14 Feb '09
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 21:31
    They both seem to ramble on and on when angry 🤔
  10. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 00:35
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

lol I wish I had. Life would be so much more interesting. lol 🙂
  11. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 00:53
    @lemondrop

I believe it is the same one that if you had a disease and someone went after you, I would speak up. In fact, I remember some people saying something about "mental" status and I spoke up for you.

They removed his post on "raging alcoholic" so some people must also understand that there are some things you just don't say. Just my humble opinion.
  12. Joined
    14 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 00:582 edits
    @VESPIN

Pulling your hair out and eating it is a disease.
    Alzheimer's is a disease.

Getting drunk because you like getting drunk is not a disease.
    When you make excuses for substance abusers you are only giving them a pathway to keep making excuses for their behaviour.

And yes I went through a 9 month course that was run by liberals who could never explain to me how this "disease" forces them to go buy alcohol and get blasted drunk.

Alcoholism is a choice.
    I should know, I am an alcoholic.
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 03:17
    Interesting that gets deleted, maybe they really are the same person. Freedom of speech gone out of the window at rhp.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 05:02
    @trev33 said
    Interesting that gets deleted, maybe they really are the same person.
    Who, Vespin and Very Rusty?
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 05:11
    @divegeester said
    Who, Vespin and Very Rusty?
    And Very Musty, all the same person.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree