18 Apr '21 05:25
    ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 05:28
    @trev33 said
    And Very Musty, all the same person.
    Vespin, Very Rusty and Very Musty are all the same person?

Incredible!!
  4. Joined
    14 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 05:35
    I have been accused of being some of the worst ever and I accept that because it's kind of an honour ๐Ÿค”

Never have I been accused of being Very Rusty! ๐Ÿ˜ 

Trev33 just made the list!
    I put you at #7
  5. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 06:21
    I think we are heading for a new scandal. Rusty Gate.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 07:00
    @the-gravedigger said
    I think we are heading for a new scandal. Rusty Gate.
    A Musty Rusty gate
  7. Joined
    14 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 07:02
    @divegeester said
    A Musty Rusty gate
    A Very Musty Rusty gate ๐Ÿคจ
  8. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 08:50
    @divegeester
    Dive I agree with you. And I never said I know him, and would never say I know him better then any of you. I know what I know from in here. My observations. Now, the comment on "raging alcoholic" and other comments were what I was talking about.

The mods agreed because they took Musty's post down. So obviously they understood somethings can be taken to far, and talking about a disease in such a poor way is different then Rusty talking about being in recovery. They are apples and oranges Dive.

My point could not have been missed because the mods saw it and understood what I was upset about.

I don't believe in attacking anyone who has any kind of disease including addiction.

But a conversation about it is just fine. A sense of humor is also good to have about it. But there is a line that should not be crossed in my humble opinion.

That was all I was saying , nothing more.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 08:581 edit
    @vespin said
    @divegeester

No, that’s not what you were saying, and not what I replied to.

You said that people here “don’t know Very Rusty [in terms of his addiction] and that it is “disgusting to speak about it” this is more or less the words I replied to; your specific comments which I cut and pasted into my reply to you, were factually incorrect.

I pointed out to you that Very Rusty speaks opening about it is clearly quite proud of his achievement in beating it over the years. Those of us who read this forum regularly know this about him from his own freely written words.

I’m not interested in your separate disagreement about someone using the phrase “raging alcoholic”.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 09:301 edit
    @vespin said
    @divegeester
    Dive I agree with you. And I never said I know him, and would never say I know him better then any of you. I know what I know from in here. My observations. Now, the comment on "raging alcoholic" and other comments were what I was talking about.

The mods agreed because they took Musty's post down. So obviously they understood somethings can be taken to far ...[text shortened]... line that should not be crossed in my humble opinion.

Vespin,
    I appreciate your sentiment and I very strongly disagree with the word 'very musty used "raging alcoholic", I found to be very demeaning. Someone who hasn't been through it, doesn't really know. Those who have been do know what an addiction is all about. I had to first admit I was an alcoholic then took me 7 years to finally beat that addiction and did it on my own as I said AA wasn't helpful in my case, not that it doesn't help many people, just didn't work for me.

I have to admit though I was surprised to see you coming to my defense considering our past history. It appears like me you've decided to put the past where it belongs. I am sure being in the medical field you've dealt with these situations and helped people through them.

-VR
  11. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 10:51
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    To be honest old chap, I have very little respect for the tactic of dumping misguided stuff in a thread and then saying you won't be back to hear any replies.

It smacks of cowardice.
    Nah.... That is just silly. Secondly, you took what I said literally. Do you make a habit of that? I remember when you first came aboard this site. I remember giving you compliments on how funny you were, how smart you were, and If I remember correctly, I was amazed on how brilliant of a chess player you were.

I only care about my friends thoughts of me. I never thought you and I were friends, but never once did I think poorly of you.

I said what I said meaning I won't be back day after day living in the forum. I won't go back and forth all the time because it is a waste of time for anyone in my opinion.

However, the word coward? I am not sure even with your level of IQ you understand the word.

I don't think normal people would think anyone a coward because they decided they did not want to come back in to a forum and act like a keyboard warrior.

If you are calling me a coward when I have never, REPEAT NEVER, provoked you in any way, well that does not say much for you. And my initial thoughts of you were completely wrong. I thought you were better then that.

Lastly, people like to insult, call people a coward when they will never meet them in real life. I have offered to meet people before and chat with them in person but not one ever said yes. I think that speaks volumes on the word you speak of.

I come in and read once in a blue moon just for fun. Maybe once every four to six months.

If I don't want to see your reply, that is my right. In fact, as I thought, your reply was not worth reading. Why would I want to read it ???? If I thought you were going to be funny? Even if making fun of me? I would read it.

In any case, I never meant I would "never" come back in, I just meant not immediately or anytime soon. But I ended up coming back in anyway.

I have to say I am really disappointed in you. I really expected more from such a great chess player, and a highly intelligent person. In fact, I remember sending you a PM telling you how funny you were. Years ago of course.

I guess I am saying, I thought more of you than this. If you wish to talk about me and my "cowardice" please feel free to contact me in a PM okay? I no longer wish to air my dirty laundry in public.

I told you what I meant, how I felt, and that I just changed my mind. But I would be more then happy to talk to you in a personal message so I can help you out with a few things.

And can you tell me, or quote me where I was misguided? The Moderators took down a post I said was "indecent" and completely disgusting as it is a disease, and should not be attacked or made fun of in any way. They agreed and took down a post.

I have not argued , or fought, or blasted anyone in this forum even when things were said about me that were incorrect. So how did I dump misguided "stuff" in this or any other thread?? If you are correct, I will certainly apologize to who ever feels I was inappropriate.

I can't call you a coward because I don't know you. But it does not look good to call anyone that when you are not willing to meet them or you know you will never see them. That is something I would never do, and I know I am much better then that. As for coming and going? It's my right to do so when ever I like. ๐Ÿ™‚
  12. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 11:03
    @Very-Rusty

Thank you Rusty and you are correct. I know we had rough times, but in the end, I knew I was wrong. There is a lot to learn about yourself when you realize you are wrong, and apologize for your mistakes like I remember doing with you.

I know how hard it was for you because I had to fight addiction myself, and I work in the medical field, and although I am not brilliant like you, or some of the others, and I mean that sincerely, I am good at what I do. I know what it is to fight addiction and I lost count on how many I have helped get through the worse of it and got them help.

Doing what you did, and anyone who fights that disease and makes a life for themselves is a miracle, and it shows such courage and character as a person. I felt what Musty had done or said was beyond wrong, as it can not be tolerated from anyone to make fun or attack someone when they have a disease.

In the medical field they do not distinguish between cancer and addiction. They are diseases, and both deserve the respect you would give a woman, child, or anyone who had to battle this as it is something you do forever.

I have the disease to so I felt a connection immediately and felt someone should say something and show you some support because you deserve it. All my best.

Michael
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 11:05
    @very-rusty said
    I have to admit though I was surprised to see you coming to my defense considering our past history. It appears like me you've decided to put the past where it belongs. I am sure being in the medical field you've dealt with these situations and helped people through them.
    I wouldn’t count on it; I suspect this whole thing by Vespin is an elaborate charade of trolling.
  14. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 11:23
    @divegeester said
    No, that’s not what you were saying, and not what I replied to.

You said that people here “don’t know Very Rusty [in terms of his addiction] and that it is “disgusting to speak about it” this is more or less the words I replied to; your specific comments which I cut and pasted into my reply to you, were factually incorrect.

I pointed out to you that Very Rusty spe ...[text shortened]...
    I’m not interested in your separate disagreement about someone using the phrase “raging alcoholic”.
    I wont' argue with you. But you are dead wrong, the moderators agreed with me not you, the proof is there. You misquoted me, and took it out of context. Not surprised to tell you the truth. You seem to like to fight and cause issues with people even those who seemed to be your friends.

And don't tell me what I was saying. Are you that moronic that you can tell me what I was thinking or feeling when I typed it? You obviously want to argue and have no material to work with, so you misquote me, take what I said out of context, and now you look silly. Anyone reading what I wrote understand what I meant, and when I said it.

You however don't seem to follow a conversation very well.

I don't understand why you seem to look for trouble when there is none. I did not like something, I did something about it, and it was taken care of.

It's not really complicated. lol

I made my point, and the intelligent people in here will understand what I meant. And I do know more about addiction then you do, unfortunately. Unless there is something you would like to share with the class?

I'm done chatting with you as it will go as usual, round and round with you having not point and not being able to understand a word I say. I also learned you are not a very nice person at all, not even to people you play chess with. Is there anyone you are nice to or don't argue with just because you are bored? Like this thread? Who is Chaney3? Isn't he on your team? And you call a teammate out in a forum? How could you do that? Now If I am wrong about Chaney3 not being on your team then my apologies for my incorrect facts on that. But your still not being nice to the guy. Do you feel so badly about yourself in real life you have to try to bully people in here where you feel really safe and sound?

Try spreading some love and cheer around, and you will enjoy life so much more. Remember, this is chess, a gentleman's game.

Have a great day Dive. I hope you have a great and wonderful week ahead of you.
  15. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 11:30
    @divegeester said
    I wouldn’t count on it; I suspect this whole thing by Vespin is an elaborate charade of trolling.
    Wow....Elaborate??? I did not know I was doing that. LMAO.... You are one smart guy. You broke my plan on trolling. As everyone knows the three times I come in here a year, certainly counts as "Elaborate Trolling". lol lol I was wrong. You are a funny guy. lol

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree