RHP's Official Lost Subscription Counter™

RHP's Official Lost Subscription Counter™

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
12 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I beg to differ. There has been no more abuse. And as far as I am concerned the channel of communication remains open.
simply blocking her would have achieved the same thing, but thats not what you wanted, you wanted to humiliate her, that's why you handed out the private text.

F

Moves
12 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Was that the instance where he thought you were gay and asked that you stop stalking and pursuing him because he was not interested in your unsavoury advancements? Yes I think your revealing this private correspondence was a heinous betrayal of trust.
I think someone who sends a message full of sexual insults and demands that I stop posting on the public forums on threads where he has posted, and threats to tell the web site things that will get me a life ban [my paraphrasing] has not earned the recipient's "trust". The web site took no action against me at all - for passing the PM on to about a couple a dozen people [not even a note of caution or reprimand] - although both you and galveston75 claimed in public that you had complained to the web site.

F

Moves
12 Dec 16
1 edit

Simply blocking her would have achieved the same thing, but thats not what you wanted, you wanted to humiliate her, that's why you handed out the private text.
"Simply blocking her"would have cut off the possibility of more civilized communication in the future. But, even if I'd blocked her, I'd still have passed the PM on to other people.

F

Moves
12 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by chaney3
Get some balls FMF. You sound like a crybaby.
If you have an ethical argument of some kind as to why an abusive person's behaviour must be kept secret by the person who is the target of that behaviour, why not present it?

F

Moves
12 Dec 16

why not simply block the person so that you did not receive any more 'abusive', texts?
I have never blocked anyone. I don't have anyone blocked now.

F

Moves
12 Dec 16
1 edit

Was that the instance where he thought you were gay and asked that you stop stalking and pursuing him because he was not interested in your unsavoury advancements? Yes I think your revealing this private correspondence was a heinous betrayal of trust.
He accused me of of being a homosexual predator stalking him and making unsavoury sexual advances towards him and said he was going to tell the web site about it. Bizarre. And yet, to your way of thinking, he had every right to "trust" me. I remember you lying about that message in public at the time. You insisted there was no reference to sex in it even though you claimed to have read it.

rc

Moves
12 Dec 16
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
He accused me of of being a homosexual predator stalking him and making unsavoury sexual advances towards him and said he was going to tell the web site about it. Bizarre. And yet, to your way of thinking, he had every right to "trust" me. I remember you lying about that message in public at the time. You insisted there was no reference to sex in it even though you claimed to have read it.
Perhaps if you refrained from stalking and harassing him he would not have construed your behaviour in the way that he did? From what I can recall he intimated to you that he was not gay and not interested in your advancements. Clearly this type of thing does not happen in a vacuum and your own behaviour leaves little to be desired. Interesting that we seem to have a similar scenario here again, your betrayal of a confidentiality and the seeking of self justification are perhaps symptomatic of a motive that seeks expression through humiliating other people. What other reason could there have been in you publicly sharing a private correspondence? Have you thought about how unsavoury that makes you appear?

rc

Moves
12 Dec 16

Originally posted by FMF
I have never blocked anyone. I don't have anyone blocked now.
Indeed, you simply reveal private correspondence and people know then not to have any contact with you.

rc

Moves
12 Dec 16

Originally posted by FMF
"Simply blocking her"would have cut off the possibility of more civilized communication in the future. But, even if I'd blocked her, I'd still have passed the PM on to other people.
I somehow get the impression that she will think twice before sending you a PM again. I know I certainly would.

F

Moves
12 Dec 16
1 edit

Perhaps if you refrained from stalking and harassing him he would not have construed your behaviour in the way that he did? From what I can recall he intimated to you that he was not gay and not interested in your advancements. Clearly this type of thing does not happen in a vacuum and your own behaviour leaves little to be desired. Interesting that we seem to have the same scenario here again, your own betrayal of a confidentiality and the seeking of self justification are perhaps symptomatic of a motive that seeks expression through humiliating other people. What other reason could there have been in you publicly sharing a private correspondence? Have you thought about how unsavoury that makes you appear?

In both cases, sharing the correspondence with friends was a response to the bizarre abuse, insults and threats contained in it ~ so that other people would know what I knew about Suzianne and galveston75. Neither had any right to secrecy about their behaviour. Abusive people can try to erect a web of secrecy around what they do, but there is no reason why decent people should have to put up with it.The added benefit was that neither poster insulted or threatened me in PMs again.

F

Moves
12 Dec 16

I somehow get the impression that she will think twice before sending you a PM again. I know I certainly would.
Bingo.

But if she has something non-threatening or non-abusive to say, she still can if she wants.

Perfect outcome.

F

Moves
12 Dec 16

Indeed, you simply reveal private correspondence and people know then not to have any contact with you.
If people want to send me threatening and abusive PMs but now "know not to have any contact with [me]", then that's good.

F

Moves
12 Dec 16

[b]Simply because I cannot recall what the nature of any unsavoury correspondence which might have transpired doesn't mean that it did not exist or that I have fabricated its existence, it simply means that I cannot recall it. /b]
You still remember pleasant and civil PMs which saw us sharing some music we'd made and you still remember how I helped you track down some folk music you were interested in, and you've stated pretty clearly that you cannot remember any "unsavoury correspondence" between us by PM of any kind ~ nor at any time in the past ~ and yet you can, nevertheless, see fit to say [of me] "he's been blocked since I cannot remember when. Corresponding with FMF in public is hazardous enough, in private is just downright asking for it as you have found out to your chagrin". I think you have somewhat of a deficit in the common decency department, robbie.

rc

Moves
12 Dec 16

I think simply blocking you is the most prudent option. No personal correspondence will be divulged to third parties and your insatiable appetite to humiliate other users can find expression elsewhere.

F

Moves
12 Dec 16

I think simply blocking you is the most prudent option. No personal correspondence will be divulged to third parties and your insatiable appetite to humiliate other users can find expression elsewhere.
We obviously disagree. I have been very clear as to how I have arrived at my view. The credibility of your view is undermined by your strangle brandishing of the words "confidential", "trust" and "betrayal".

If Suzianne feels, as you suggest, humiliated by people knowing what was in the message she sent me, then she perhaps ought not to have sent it in the first place.