Royal Wedding

Royal Wedding

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
20 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
I believe there's a hockey match.
OH really where is it? πŸ˜›

I am in, so long as it doesn't cost 42.8 million! πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰

-VR

Moves
20 May 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
I watched a lot of the proceedings on TV, it was on most of the day here.

The wedding itself was marvelous and the trip after in the Ascot Landau Carriage was charming. I loved Meghan's dress she wore to the reception, it was my favorite of the day.
I was a fantastic spectacle which was blessed with great weather; it seems to have gone down very well over here in all the news media and has given the UK a boost.

Chelsea beating Manchester Untied later in the FA Cup final topped off a splendid day here in good old Blighty.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
20 May 18

Originally posted by @very-rusty

I guess you have to be from Britian to understand putting 42,8 million into a wedding!!! πŸ˜‰

-VR[/b]
Or from America to consider voting for Trump a sensible idea.

Über-Nerd

Moves
20 May 18

The sky-blue E-Jag they drove off in was classy. 10/10 for good taste in motoring.

A

RSA

Moves
20 May 18

Originally posted by @very-rusty
I can tell you that it will not be paying 42.8 milliion on a wedding...LOL.. I am not a tourist guide by the way, you would have to contact them if you are truly interested. Do you want me to get you a number?

I guess you have to be from Britian to understand putting 42,8 million into a wedding!!! πŸ˜‰

-VR
I guess you have forgotten that as a Canadian, it is your royal family as well.

The Queen is the head of state of Canada, entirely separate from her role as Queen of the UK. If the UK were to become a republic, she would still be Queen of Canada.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
20 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @drewnogal
I’ll spend the day watching it on the telly at Aranya10 ‘s little palace, perched high on a Welsh hill, with Goldfinger15. We’ll be feasting on chicken rolls and an Iceland version of the wedding cake, all washed down with a few glasses of Prosecco.
Such an enjoyable day. Lots more fun than playing chess and reading the boring old GF all day.

Moves
20 May 18

Originally posted by @moonbus
The sky-blue E-Jag they drove off in was classy. 10/10 for good taste in motoring.
Loved that car...I bet they didn't go far in it though

Moves
20 May 18

Originally posted by @drewnogal
Such an enjoyable day. Lots more fun than playing chess and reading the boring old GF all day.
Would have been a pleasure to have been able raise a glass to them with you.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
20 May 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Which topic; Brexit?
You think everyone who voted to stay is anti-British?
Is that your criteria?

Moves
20 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
You think everyone who voted to stay is anti-British?
Is that your criteria?
No, the majority voted to leave. Besides, every time you open your mouth it is to criticise my country or make small-minded mealy-mouthed negative remarks. I see you repeatedly criticise the country where I have lived all my life, paid my taxes and worked hard to support the community.

To be fair it's probably best that you left the UK for your privileged life in NZ.

Moves
20 May 18

If there was a new vote tomorrow remain would probably win by more vote\xs than leave did a couple of years ago

And the wedding was a waste of money, as was a ticket to the FA cup final πŸ˜‰

Moves
20 May 18

Originally posted by @trev33
If there was a new vote tomorrow remain would probably win by more vote\xs than leave did a couple of years ago

I don't think so, which is why the remoaners have stopped demanding a recount; the resolve to leave is indeed, resolute.

The wedding was epic and you know it haha

Did I forget you are a united fan?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
20 May 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Besides, every time you open your mouth it is to criticise my country or make small-minded mealy-mouthed negative remarks. I see you repeatedly criticise the country where I have lived .
Again - I ask you to cite one, just one example of me criticising the UK.

In the past I have debated for and supported
British cuisine
British beer
the NHS
British Education
British Police
London (which I love)
Parliament
British multi-culturalism
and most recently British Marmite!

Just find an example of me being anti-British!

A

RSA

Moves
20 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @trev33

The EU is truly dead to Britain. Feelings are so deeply entrenched now - the lid has come off the can of worms that is the EU and the genie won't go back in the bottle. Do you really think things could ever go back to the way they were before? Oh no, that ship sailed a long time ago.

I have said for years that the economic theft the euro has caused to southern Europe is unsustainable and that there will be a revolt - all empires must fall. I have said for a long time that Italy is the weak spot in the EU that will bring it tumbling down - unlike Greece, their economy is huge and it's a founding member. With this new Italian government, either a ref on the euro or a default of its staggering debt to the ECB is coming - both sending the eurozone into meltdown.

This has been in the pipeline for years.

Moves
20 May 18

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
Again - I ask you to cite one, just one example of me criticising the UK.

In the past I have debated for and supported
British cuisine
British beer
the NHS
British Education
British Police
London (which I love)
Parliament
British multi-culturalism
and most recently British Marmite!

Just find an example of me being anti-British!
Just take a look through you last few OPs in debates.