Royal Wedding

Royal Wedding

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
20 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
Again - I ask you to cite one, just one example of me criticising the UK.

In the past I have debated for and supported
British cuisine
British beer
the NHS
British Education
British Police
London (which I love)
Parliament
British multi-culturalism
and most recently British Marmite!

Just find an example of me being anti-British!
Why don’t you worry more about the problems in your own little privileged island and focus your considerable critical energies on sorting out those tiny weenie problems instead of whinging pointlessly about the country you left behind; we are doing fine without you.

Moves
20 May 18
2 edits

London is a “war zone” Thread 176820

Anti Brexit Thread 176344 Thread 176139

Criticising UK education Thread 175947

Proposing that people over 70 in the UK should not be permitted to vote (probalby your most idiotic thread) Thread 175497

These are just a selection of your thread OPs, I can’t be bothered to trawl through your comments per-se.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
20 May 18

Originally posted by @moonbus
The sky-blue E-Jag they drove off in was classy. 10/10 for good taste in motoring.
Yes that was class - watched it our Sunday morning.
Sunday evening "Spectre" was on tv and Bond's DB10 had me drooling.
Don't know who owns Jaguar or Aston now but both are British icons regardless.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
20 May 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
London is a “war zon”e Thread 176820

Anti Brexit Thread 176344 Thread 176139

Criticising UK education Thread 175947

Proposing that people over 70 in the UK should not be permitted to vote (probalby your most idiotic thread) Thread 175497

These are just a selection of your thread OPs, I can’t be bothered to trawl through your comments per-se.
Four fails dive.
You really should read those threads.

1. I defended London against Trump's comments.
2. Being anti-Brexit is not anti-British.
3. I supported UK education and educators (against interfering politicians)
4. And the voting thread was an "agent provocateur" to stimulate debate (and how was it anti-British? )

I'm pro-Britain - always have been.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
20 May 18

Why don’t you worry more about the problems in your own little privileged island and focus your considerable critical energies on sorting out those tiny weenie problems instead of whinging pointlessly about the country you left behind; we are doing fine without you.
What is it with you and my "little privileged island" and my "privileged life"?
(btw: The island is neither small nor privileged.)

You seemed keen on emigrating to NZ when we exchanged PMs a few years back.
Sour grapes because they won't let you in?

And again - I'm not whingeing, and I just might be back one day. 😀

Moves
20 May 18
2 edits

Four fails dive.
You really should read those threads.

1. I defended London against Trump's comments.
2. Being anti-Brexit is not anti-British.
3. I supported UK education and educators (against interfering politicians)
4. And the voting thread was an "agent provocateur" to stimulate debate (and how was it anti-British? )

I'm pro-Britain - always have been.
You defended London in a different thread to this one, but I acknowledge that you did.

Yes it is. Brexit is the democratic will of the UK people, trying to undermine the process or indeed criticise the 18,000,000 UK citizens who voted for it is being anti British.

It was a UK critical thread. Cite some threads where you are positive about the UK. There is one about knife crime, I’ll give you that one...

You are repeatedly an agent provocateur old chap, you provoke me to call you out as a long distance UK abandoner who likes to criticise the country he left behind. Tell me how is your privileged life out there in NZ??

You are pro-the Britian of your leftist yesterdays, the days of the 3 day week, power cuts and Barbara Windsor in carry on camping.

Despite all this, I do like you Wolfgang59. This is probalby more about style than real substance.

Moves
20 May 18
1 edit

What is it with you and my "little privileged island" and my "privileged life"?
(btw: The island is neither small nor privileged.)

You seemed keen on emigrating to NZ when we exchanged PMs a few years back.
Sour grapes because they won't let you in?

And again - I'm not whingeing, and I just might be back one day. 😀
I remember that conversation and yes I was thinking of applying for a deployment though the company I was working for at the time. The life you live there is a relatively privileged one, and you know it Sir.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
20 May 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Approximately £500m of that £4.5 billion is attributed to attractions and events connected to the royal family, past and present.

There is an absence of data as to whether tourists go to the UK specifically because of the royal family.
Thanks for that Goad.

Haven't had time to read your link yet.
But two points.
1. The Royal family of the past does not cost us money and history would still pull in visitors regardless of how much the tax payer spends on a current monarchy.

2. Absence of data. Well that doesn't help either of us! But whenever I have entertained visitors from abroad (only Europe to be fair) they have not shown any interest in seeing any royals.

Moves
20 May 18

Thanks for that Goad.

Haven't had time to read your link yet.
But two points.
1. The Royal family of the past does not cost us money and history would still pull in visitors regardless of how much the tax payer spends on a current monarchy.

2. Absence of data. Well that doesn't help either of us! But whenever I have entertained visitors from abroad (only Europe to be fair) they have not shown any interest in seeing any royals.
Well thank goodness for your “visitors from abroad”, where would your opinion be without them 🙄

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 May 18

No, the majority voted to leave. Besides, every time you open your mouth it is to criticise my country or make small-minded mealy-mouthed negative remarks. I see you repeatedly criticise the country where I have lived all my life, paid my taxes and worked hard to support the community.

To be fair it's probably best that you left the UK for your privileged life in NZ.
I get where you're coming from, I love my country too, even with all the drama of the last two years. I also get it that many in Europe will bad-mouth the US, I just wish they'd realize that this is why people like me were so distraught that our government has taken such a wrong turn. We love our country too, so yes, even though much of the criticism is warranted, the constant negativity by some does get tiring.

A

RSA

Moves
20 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @suzianne
I get where you're coming from, I love my country too, even with all the drama of the last two years. I also get it that many in Europe will bad-mouth the US, I just wish they'd realize that this is why people like me were so distraught that our government has taken such a wrong turn. We love our country too, so yes, even though much of the criticism is warranted, the constant negativity by some does get tiring.
I have long since tired of the relentless America bashing that takes place over in debates. You might have your wobbly moments, but you're still our family. Honestly, if the worst you can do is elect Trump you have nothing on Europeans in the crazy department. Fascism, communism, Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, WW1, WW2, chlorine gas, gas chambers, mass genocide, colonialism, absolute monarchy, religious strife... I could be here all day.

Seriously, America's only in the spotlight cause she's the most powerful. There's far worse out there, trust me.

Moves
20 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @suzianne
I’m with you on this.

I’m actually more aligned to Wolfgang59 than our exchanges shout.

Moves
20 May 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @ashiitaka
You might have your wobbly moments, but you're still our family.
Europe is our family too, as is the rest of the world.

Moves
20 May 18

Originally posted by @ashiitaka
I have long since tired of the relentless America bashing that takes place over in debates. You might have your wobbly moments, but you're still our family. Honestly, if the worst you can do is elect Trump you have nothing on Europeans in the crazy department. Fascism, communism, Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, WW1, WW2, chlorine gas, gas chambers, mass genoci ...[text shortened]... ca's only in the spotlight cause she's the most powerful. There's far worse out there, trust me.
Excellent post!

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
21 May 18

You are pro-the Britian of your leftist yesterdays, the days of the 3 day week, power cuts and Barbara Windsor in carry on camping.

That was my early teens old boy.
When I was a Tory. 😞