Shogun Diplomacy

Shogun Diplomacy

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
16 Nov 06

Originally posted by treetalk
So, have you ever botted out in one of these games?
Yes, in Dragonlords, for personal reasons. I informed everyone of it and tried to get a replacement player. The GM said he would, but didn't. I have since returned.

t

Moves
16 Nov 06

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
OK then. See you around.
Undoubtedly - let's agree to disagree and hope you guys stuff the poms this weekend. 🙂

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
16 Nov 06

Originally posted by treetalk
Undoubtedly - let's agree to disagree and hope you guys stuff the poms this weekend. 🙂
Think I might go watch Borat instead. I'm looking for a well in my neighbourhood.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
16 Nov 06

Seems like the "birthday boy Monopoly" analogy used against KW in MD. Is that what you're getting at?
I don't remember that analogy. Sounds like a good name for what I am talking about though - where everyone decides to let the birthday boy win?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
16 Nov 06

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
I don't remember that analogy. Sounds like a good name for what I am talking about though - where everyone decides to let the birthday boy win?
It came up with the story of the Novgorod gold.

Yes, that's the idea. Is that what you're saying?

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
16 Nov 06

It came up with the story of the Novgorod gold.

Yes, that's the idea. Is that what you're saying?
I think so. I thought I was pretty clear. I'm not sure what you're asking me to clarify.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
16 Nov 06

I think so. I thought I was pretty clear. I'm not sure what you're asking me to clarify.
It's ok, you've clarified yourself just fine.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
16 Nov 06
1 edit

It's ok, you've clarified yourself just fine.
I just went back into the mmw thread. What a great thread! Here's where they were talking about Birthday Boy Monopoly:

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=34723&page=256

Yes, that's basically what I am talking about. Note that I'm not saying anyone is a cheater; people did what they wanted to do and no one cheated. I simply no longer found the game fun or worth my time so I resigned, just as I might do in chess.

EDIT - In the Chinese Checkers variant I was thinking of, it looks like you can't "take someone out" in the way I was imagining - by capturing marbles - but you get the idea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_checkers

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
16 Nov 06

Yes, that's basically what I am talking about. Note that I'm not saying anyone is a cheater; people did what they wanted to do and no one cheated. I simply no longer found the game fun or worth my time so I resigned, just as I might do in chess.
I seem to recall four players delaying claiming victory in MD just so you could dance on rwingett's grave. What fun that was.

Adios, ATY.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
16 Nov 06
1 edit

I seem to recall four players delaying claiming victory in MD just so you could dance on rwingett's grave. What fun that was.

Adios, ATY.
But they did win, didn't they?

I don't remember you getting upset at Rob when he botted out. Did you?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
16 Nov 06
2 edits

But they did win, didn't they?

I don't remember you getting upset at Rob when he botted out. Did you?
You were responsible for that, too. The game would have ended much sooner, and the Horde would not have botted out, if we hadn't been obliged to honour the devil's bargain I signed with you in exchange for Venice: specifically, the condition you tacked on that the game would continue until you had more GP than the Horde. So you wasted four people's time (and tortured Rob, ha ha ha) to pursue your own vendetta. Sorry that you've found this game such a waste of your time lately.

d

Moves
16 Nov 06

Kyushu lords,

Thanks for being such tough opponents up to this point.

This was a bit of work.
I wasn't fighting bots all game..
I won't even count the Hatano because they weren't really looking anyhow... but I fought the Mori and I was facing down all of you.
Hosokawa was on the edge worse than me at one point.
You were talking about how you were out-numbered but that hadn't really weighed in yet...no Hojo, Takeda or Oda in my lands.

Hosokawa and I were holding on for grim death, just trying to stay alive. And it was fun.
We were assisted yeah...the inevitable counter... but not by the whole map.

There wasn't even an attempt to take Aki.... which was starting to look like the Alamo.
If the provinces around were real all the fields would be burned and the villages devastated.
Kyushu itself was never even invaded.

Can't force a man to play on I guess, but it would have been a hell of a turn had it been played out...
anti-climatic

t

Moves
16 Nov 06

Originally posted by drakkar
Kyushu lords,

This was a bit of work.
I won't even count the Hatano because they weren't really looking anyhow... but I fought the Mori and I was facing down all of you.
You were talking about how you were o ...[text shortened]... I guess, but it would have been a hell of a turn had it been played out...
anti-climatic
Cheers buddy - check your messages. (for unrelated news) 🙂

n

Moves
16 Nov 06
1 edit

Originally posted by drakkar
Kyushu lords,

This was a bit of work.
You were talking about how you were o I guess, but it would have been a hell of a turn had it been played out...
anti-climatic
l was so looking forward to the destruction of Kyushu - No1 has committed Seppuku along with the other Kyushu lords. Not quite the finish it lloked like coming too. Especially after the in game messages declaring they would stand and fight?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
16 Nov 06

Originally posted by nook7
Especially after the in game messages declaring they would stand and fight?
They call him Montgolfier 'cause he's so full of hot air.