Shogun Diplomacy

Shogun Diplomacy

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
16 Nov 06

Originally posted by nook7
l was so looking forward to the destruction of Kyushu - No1 has committed Seppuku along with the other Kyushu lords. Not quite the finish it lloked like coming too. Especially after the in game messages declaring they would stand and fight?
Did I say that I would stay and fight?

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
16 Nov 06
1 edit

Originally posted by drakkar
Kyushu lords,

Thanks for being such tough opponents up to this point.

This was a bit of work.
I wasn't fighting bots all game..
I won't even count the Hatano because they weren't really looking anyhow... but I fought the Mori and I was facing down all of you.
Hosokawa was on the edge worse than me at one point.
You were talking about how you were o I guess, but it would have been a hell of a turn had it been played out...
anti-climatic
Who was not assisting you? Remember, Ikko was threatening any turncoat with death, so he was helping, and all of Uesegi's and Ikko's vassals were sending their masters gold and giving them titles to fiefs, so they were all helping at least indirectly.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
16 Nov 06

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Did I say that I would stay and fight?
"There will be no more retreats; the Ryuzoji and their allies
march, ride and sail to victory or death." etc

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
16 Nov 06

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
"There will be no more retreats; the Ryuzoji and their allies
march, ride and sail to victory or death." etc
That was no1, not me I think. In any case - our forces did not retreat, and we are "dead".

N

The sky

Moves
16 Nov 06

Kauâdosu!

t

Moves
16 Nov 06

Originally posted by Nordlys
Kauâdosu!
When confronted by your avatar, dear noodles, any guy with half a ... er ... two ... ahem! would run like the wind! 😀

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
16 Nov 06

You were responsible for that, too. The game would have ended much sooner, and the Horde would not have botted out, if we hadn't been obliged to honour the devil's bargain I signed with you in exchange for Venice: specifically, the condition you tacked on that the game would continue until you had more GP than the Horde. So you wasted four people's tim ...[text shortened]... our own vendetta. Sorry that you've found this game such a waste of your time lately.
If you felt you were wasting your time in mmw you could have quit too. I wouldn't have complained about it. In fact I'd probably have gotten into the victory coalition if you had.

I felt like the game was not worth my time; I quit. How is this analogous to you blaming me for wasting your time? I didn't say anyone was wasting my time; I said the game was not worth my time. The one case involves blaming another, the other case does not.

n

Moves
16 Nov 06

Who was not assisting you? Remember, Ikko was threatening any turncoat with death, so he was helping, and all of Uesegi's and Ikko's vassals were sending their masters gold and giving them titles to fiefs, so they were all helping at least indirectly.
Gold was going the other way ATY.

n

Moves
16 Nov 06

That was no1, not me I think. In any case - our forces did not retreat, and we are "dead".
You are correct, that wasnt you , No1 said on your behalf.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
16 Nov 06

Originally posted by nook7
Gold was going the other way ATY.
Then it was going both ways, since vassals send money to their lords. It's part of the game mechanics. By being your vassals, they were helping you; that was my point.

n

Moves
16 Nov 06

Then it was going both ways, since vassals send money to their lords. It's part of the game mechanics. By being your vassals, they were helping you; that was my point.
True, however it was not all one way as No1 kept trying to insinuate - l have provided and continue to provide ample renumeration for my vassals support.

Anyway this is over by all accounts - the AoC looks like a very different situation!

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
16 Nov 06

If you felt you were wasting your time in mmw you could have quit too. I wouldn't have complained about it. In fact I'd probably have gotten into the victory coalition if you had.
I don't quit a game just because someone is being a little annoying, especially if I stand to win. Anyhow, I don't buy it--when you're down to a handful of provinces it needn't take more than a few minutes a week to make your moves. Pharaoh played to the end...I think Otomo fell under some nameless influence...

Anyway, I can live with it. Too bad the film didn't end with a bang, them's the breaks.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
16 Nov 06

I don't quit a game just because someone is being a little annoying, especially if I stand to win. Anyhow, I don't buy it--when you're down to a handful of provinces it needn't take more than a few minutes a week to make your moves. Pharaoh played to the end...I think Otomo fell under some nameless influence...

Anyway, I can live with it. Too bad the film didn't end with a bang, them's the breaks.
Pharoah had chances to work the diplomatic angle. The rest of the map wasn't united against him.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
16 Nov 06

Pharoah had chances to work the diplomatic angle. The rest of the map wasn't united against him.
Ah, Pharaoh...that was a good man.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
16 Nov 06

Ah, Pharaoh...that was a good man.
It was such a shame that he screwed up the orders for his marines to get on the ships near the end. Pharoah would have won that battle!!!!!