Shogun Diplomacy

Shogun Diplomacy

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c
¯\_(^.^)_/¯

Moves
16 Nov 06

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
If they deny my claim to the Shogunate, I will have to fight them. Otherwise there is no reason to attack them short of bloody murder.

The reason the fight was not equal was due to superior strategy on the side of my alliance...I have not failed to take risks on those occasions when I had the chance to engage with the enemy. Of course, when I sacri ...[text shortened]... incomprehensible, but that's none of my concern.

Go play a different game now. Good luck.
I thought you said I was going to be shogun? You big meany, right that's it lads pack your things there's a gold rush in Kyushu😉

t

Moves
16 Nov 06

"Losers, and by that I do not mean people who fail to win, always will lash out when they see things not going their way. It is far easier to do this than to (1) re-assess your strategies to see if there was not a better way to do things, (2) practice, or (3) come to grips with the stark reality that you can't be the best at everything."
1) Nope - no change in strategy would have changed things.

2) Fighting against overwhelming odds? Out of the three of us, I am the only one who would benefit from any practice.

3) Not so stark for me - I'm comfortable knowing my limitations - and I think you'll find no1 isn't annoyed so much at not being the best in this game, it's that with your mega-alliance, it removed any point in continuing on for us.

'shouganai' as the Japanese would say - or maybe, 'shigata ga nai' back in the Sengoku period.

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirate™

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
16 Nov 06

If they deny my claim to the Shogunate, I will have to fight them. Otherwise there is no reason to attack them short of bloody murder.

The reason the fight was not equal was due to superior strategy on the side of my alliance...I have not failed to take risks on those occasions when I had the chance to engage with the enemy. Of course, when I sacri ...[text shortened]... incomprehensible, but that's none of my concern.

Go play a different game now. Good luck.
Would part of your 'Superior Strategy' that you keep harping on about be your pre-game alliances?

I'd be interested to see where the game would have gone if you and the rest of the Scooby Gang hadn't banded together in a 'no attack pact' and played the game fairly. I bet you wouldn't be on your high horse preaching about your 'strategic superiority' for a start!

Quite a few people were trying this game for the first time, and many (such as myself) were quite enjoying the learning curve, investing our time and money in playing. It's a shame you had to spoil it for everyone with your gay little 'Lets be best friends so we can win' attitude. I hope you're happy with the AMAZING victory you're gunning for with your SUPERIOR STRATEGY.

n

Moves
16 Nov 06

Originally posted by Daemon Sin
Would part of your 'Superior Strategy' that you keep harping on about be your pre-game alliances?

I'd be interested to see where the game would have gone if you and the rest of the Scooby Gang hadn't banded together in a 'no attack pact' and played the game fairly. I bet you wouldn't be on your high horse preaching about your 'strategic superiority' fo ...[text shortened]... 're happy with the AMAZING victory you're gunning for with your SUPERIOR STRATEGY.
l didnt realise you were playing in this game.....which nation did you control?

It cant be one of the Kyushu nations as they actually did something.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
16 Nov 06

Originally posted by nook7

One of my victims. Muhahahahaha!

n

Moves
16 Nov 06

Originally posted by Palynka
One of my victims. Muhahahahaha!
Ahh, up north, now it all comes back to me!

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
16 Nov 06

Originally posted by eagles54
Oh, really? That's not what you stated before.

"I don't respect the others who are tagging along hoping for scraps - Oda, Hojo and Asakura."

http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=48163&page=86
I didn't say they were disrespectful. I said I didn't respect them. There's a difference. The first case is talking about them; the second, talking about me and how I feel about them.

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirate™

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
16 Nov 06

Did they?

Was it using their AMAZING SUPERIOR STRATEGY tactics and gloating like a bunch of hypocritical, arrogant pricks?

n

Moves
16 Nov 06

Originally posted by Daemon Sin
Did they?

Was it using their AMAZING SUPERIOR STRATEGY tactics and gloating like a bunch of hypocritical, arrogant pricks?
LOL, nice!

e

Moves
16 Nov 06
1 edit

nm

t

Moves
17 Nov 06

Sigh - these games bring out the best in people, don't they?

n

Moves
17 Nov 06
1 edit

Originally posted by treetalk
Sigh - these games bring out the best in people, don't they?
Sad isn't it. What starts as fun and games ends in tears.

Some lttiel kids run to mommy crying, other little kids stand there laughing and gloating.

Others jsut want to play another game.

kodomo wa iranai yo. (desho)

N

The sky

Moves
17 Nov 06

Sad isn't it. What starts as fun and games ends in tears.

Some lttiel kids run to mommy crying, other little kids stand there laughing and gloating.

Others jsut want to play another game.

kodomo wa iranai yo. (desho)
In other words, lots of fun for the people in the popcorn gallery (which felt empty without orfeo).

e

Moves
17 Nov 06

Originally posted by Nordlys
In other words, lots of fun for the people in the popcorn gallery (which felt empty without orfeo).
Ricecakes are superior fare, there.

n

Moves
17 Nov 06

Originally posted by Nordlys
lol - nice one, the good old MD days.