The moonbus red thumbs poll

The moonbus red thumbs poll

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G

Moves
22 May 22

Years before when a post was simply recommended wasn't there a feature at one time that listed the people who recommended that post? Or am I tripping?
Or maybe I suggested it at one time and envisioned it.
Halp!

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
22 May 22

@divegeester said
My posting has been pretty much the same for 14 years; honest, forthright, insightful and on point.
Yes, it has been the same for that long.

And it's been none of those things.

Surprised you haven't been tossed way before now.

I'm sure you consider your investment worthwhile.

Funny, most questionable people just contribute more through multiple subs.

How many are you keeping in reserve to answer polls?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
22 May 22

@gambrel said
Years before when a post was simply recommended wasn't there a feature at one time that listed the people who recommended that post? Or am I tripping?
Or maybe I suggested it at one time and envisioned it.
Halp!
Nope, you're tripping.

Did you bring enough for the whole class?

F

Moves
22 May 22

@gambrel said
Years before when a post was simply recommended wasn't there a feature at one time that listed the people who recommended that post?
If that were the case, according to Suzianne's perspective, wouldn't that lack of anonymity have been an abrogation of free speech?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
22 May 22

@divegeester said
You really should take your complaint up with Moonbus who ran the poll.
This post shows up on a page where 11 out of 15 posts are either from you or your "friend".

Is this what we can expect once you get your way?

F

Moves
22 May 22

@suzianne said
Surprised you haven't been tossed way before now.
Do you think divegeester's free speech should be curtailed or even banned altogether?

G

Moves
22 May 22

@suzianne said
Nope, you're tripping.

Did you bring enough for the whole class?
Yes, chocolate chip cookies made with budder.👍

Über-Nerd

Moves
22 May 22

@fmf said
None.

The Hikaru Junction blog, RHP Social Media Feeds, and Polls aren't infantile. Removing them would not make the site better.
That's a relief. I half expected you to rampage around RHP with a machete chopping off things you don't like or use.

F

Moves
22 May 22

@moonbus said
That's a relief. I half expected you to rampage around RHP with a machete chopping off things you don't like or use.
But none of the things that you listed can be described as infantile.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
22 May 22

@divegeester said
I pt really is quite astonishing how many of you who want to keep thumbs anonymous are vocal that they don’t mean anything. If they don’t mean anything then why have the function at all?

Woofpoof’s assertions of thumbs conveying “consequences” and “feedback” notwithstanding of course.
Again, your goal is obviously to remove all criticism of your behavior on these forums.

No thumbs at all is obviously a "scorched earth" option benefiting you.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
22 May 22

@divegeester said
No one is afraid of anything Suzianne, except perhaps those who want to stir the various pots anonymously with their various sock puppet accounts. People can voice their opinion in text.
And get reamed out by you and your "enforcer".

Über-Nerd

Moves
22 May 22

@fmf said
But none of the things that you listed can be described as infantile.
I don't think the thumb feature is infantile. Only you do. You're entitled to your opinion on that, but I don't want to see the feature dismantled just because you and dive don't like it. I think I am not alone in this. Just look at how many thumbs are given out on any given day across the platform: hundreds, and not all from the same few posters who happened to take part in my straw poll. The straw poll I put up was not well attended and does not accurately reflect how many people use the function or would miss it if it were dismantled.

F

Moves
22 May 22

@suzianne said
And get reamed out by you and your "enforcer".
Do you send feedback to the website about me? Have you ever asked them to ban me? Or is one anonymous red thumb for just about every single post I ever make, regardless of whether you agree or disagree with its content, sufficient for you and for your vision of how the forums should be?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
22 May 22

@divegeester said
Incredible isn’t it, no one seems to care about thumbs but so many want to keep them and keep them anonymous.

Now why would that be I wonder.
I've stated why again and again and again and again and again. If you weren't so driven by your desire to remove criticism of yourself, one might think you were stupid.

F

Moves
22 May 22

@moonbus said
I don't think the thumb feature is infantile. Only you do.
I don't think it's only me.