The moonbus red thumbs poll

The moonbus red thumbs poll

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
21 May 22

@suzianne said
I understand.

Like many here, and like a politician, I sometimes use the posts here as a launching pad for outbursts of my personal opinion about something. 'Tis the problem of using a public forum. More people than just the recipient read the posts. I apologize if this was offensive to you.
Nah, i just remembered after you posted that you were usually a rational human being so had to edit.

Whisky is fun.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 May 22

@huckleberryhound said

Whisky is fun.
Never a good idea to mix Whisky and posting. 🙂

-VR

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
21 May 22

@very-rusty said
Never a good idea to mix Whisky and posting. 🙂

-VR
I took social media off my phone, and i work like a dog. Drunk time is the only free time i have. Cuban cigars went up in price 50%...i blame Putin, trump, and down thumbs.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 May 22

@huckleberryhound said
I took social media off my phone, and i work like a dog. Drunk time is the only free time i have. Cuban cigars went up in price 50%...i blame Putin, trump, and down thumbs.
LOL.....Oh well might as well tell you to just enjoy!

-VR

F

Moves
22 May 22

@moonbus said
Well, that's what I don't get about @fmf's position on this. He too claims he doesn't care who gives him a TD or a TU, thinks the feature is silly, and claims he does not use it himself -- so why should he try to get the function removed from the site altogether when many other people use it?
For the reasons I gave on the thread that you started about it.

F

Moves
22 May 22

@suzianne said
The only people who want the thumb mechanics to change are those who are bothered by having people disagree with them. Or, on the flip side, not having people agree with them. Both demonstrate a personality disorder. This used to be called neurosis. Be glad you're not affected.
Personality disorder? Neurosis?

F

Moves
22 May 22

@ponderable said
Says the person who worte:

I revel in disagreement, dissent and criticism.
Anonymous red thumbs are just inane meaningless social media fluff. They do not rank, in my mind, as grown-up "disagreement, dissent and criticism".

F

Moves
22 May 22
1 edit

@suzianne said
I never knew about the poll, and I keep track of this subject, as you well know.
So much for "keeping track of this subject". You posted on the thread about this subject several times after the poll was started and before it expired.

F

Moves
22 May 22

@suzianne said
I don't play one-day games. Should I lobby to have them removed? No. I just don't use that feature.
One-day games aren't an infantile site feature.

F

Moves
22 May 22

@moonbus said
@fmf saying he's trying to make the site better is disingenuous; I don't believe that is his real motive here.
You are mistaken on both counts.

Moves
22 May 22
1 edit

@moonbus said
My interpretation of the result is that very few people really care about this issue.
And yet you protest so loudly when it is discussed, simply about it being discussed.

It’s of no surprise to me that you veer away from the result of your own poll.

Moves
22 May 22

@very-rusty said
I concur, impossible to get a consensus after only 8 Votes.
And yet Moonbus was happy to pitch the vote how he did and no one protested. Perhaps he you and the other “Remainers” should have fought harder to spread your word and get more interest.

I’m sure that I had the vote gone your way you would be more than happy with the outcome.

Moves
22 May 22

@moonbus said
@Very-Rusty

Thank you for your honesty.

As I see it, five people want to disenfranchise the rest of RHP. (And maybe only four if you would change your vote.)
You really shouldn’t be in change of important things like polls, it’s not your strong point is it.

Moves
22 May 22

@ponderable said
It was not widely advertised. I for one was ignorant (not that I would have necessarily voted, but if so I would have voted for the status quo.)
I suggest you get together, in whatever little club it is you all gather and run a poll to elect a pollster who is competent.

Moves
22 May 22

@suzianne said
Bang-on not publicized.

I never knew about the poll, and I keep track of this subject, as you well know.
You really should take your complaint up with Moonbus who ran the poll.