1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:14
    @suzianne said
    "A little something in your next pay envelope."

Isn't that the usual wording?
    You are suggesting that as well as Russ taking bribes to get posters removed, that the moderation team are also taking bribes to get alerts removed?

This is great.
    forum GOLD!
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:15
    @suzianne said
    Try it again, now that more than a couple people know about it.
    I’d get someone competent to run it if if were you.

Let’s keep doing it until we get the result you want.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:16
    @suzianne said
    Clearly (only 8 people even knew about it), such a miniscule sample size requires confirmation.
    I suggest you take your complain to Moonbus.

Hey maybe start a club called “Remainers”!
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:17
    @suzianne said
    Especially since that one person was me.

How courageous.
    There’s always a bonus.

I’m saving up to pay to have you removed anyway.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:17
    @suzianne said
    Is this the quality of your Inquisition-style aggressive posting we should look forward to then?
    My posting has been pretty much the same for 14 years; honest, forthright, insightful and on point.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:19
    @very-rusty said
    I think losing you would be a big loss for the Site.
    We have banged heads a few times but, but you add to the forum in my opinion.
    Even one paying Subscriber is a big loss to the site.

-VR
    I agree with you.

However I would never have couched the sentiment with such obsequiousness. If at all.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:20
    @suzianne said
    Is this how you conduct yourself and your groups on this site? Is this your code?
    Yes.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:20
    @suzianne said
    Why not have another, newer site poll then?

You really thought you could stuff the ballot box on this one, didn't you? Well, that's precisely what happened.
    Your tears are sweet to taste.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:24
    @suzianne said
    Rusty, as much as their group seems to auto-TD anything I post, I don't give a damn who red thumbs me.
    I pt really is quite astonishing how many of you who want to keep thumbs anonymous are vocal that they don’t mean anything. If they don’t mean anything then why have the function at all?

Woofpoof’s assertions of thumbs conveying “consequences” and “feedback” notwithstanding of course.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:25
    @very-rusty said
    As you know I am my own man and go my own way, no one is going to sway me in any direction. I believe what I believe and that will not change at this point in my life. No one TELLS me what to do, exception being a Moderator or Russ. 🙂

-VR
    And yet Moonbus has convinced you to change your mind in this thread at the mere wave of his hand.

Laughable.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:27
    @suzianne said
    However, even if you do not use the thumbs feature, clearly you are aware of it and the result of those who do.

That is what they're afraid of. Public opinion.
    No one is afraid of anything Suzianne, except perhaps those who want to stir the various pots anonymously with their various sock puppet accounts. People can voice their opinion in text.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:27
    @huckleberryhound said
    Couldn't give a gnat's foreskin about the thumbs down, or up. Maybe they could add a "Meh" option?
    Meh.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:28
    @moonbus said
    A few posts get double digits. It's a feature commonly used across many forums. I don't think two (primarily) disgruntled users should dictate terms on this to suit their own vanity.
    Ah it took a while but here the bitterness comes!
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:29
    @very-rusty said
    It can also become a popularity contest but something we have to live with. Look a my Thread "Did you know" in the General forum if you want to see red thumbs. Got nothing to do with what I posted it is because I posted it. So I continue, doesn't stop me from posting. 🙂

-VR
    So what the point of the thumbs then.
    Exactly the point!

Going to change your mind again?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:30
    @moonbus said
    Well, that's what I don't get about @fmf's position on this. He too claims he doesn't care who gives him a TD or a TU, thinks the feature is silly, and claims he does not use it himself -- so why should he try to get the function removed from the site altogether when many other people use it?? Saying he's trying to make the site better is disingenuous; I don't believe that is ...[text shortened]... similar script could be written to block out thumbs for those who don't want to look at them. Fixed.
    Incredible isn’t it, no one seems to care about thumbs but so many want to keep them and keep them anonymous.

Now why would that be I wonder.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree