1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 May '22 15:02
    moonbus ran a poll on a Site Ideas thread and an overwhelming majority voted to remove anonymity from thumbs. So be it. Let's hope Russ acts upon what moonbus has established as being the consensus.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 May '22 15:131 edit
    @fmf said
    moonbus ran a poll on a Site Ideas thread and an overwhelming majority voted to remove anonymity from thumbs. So be it. Let's hope Russ acts upon what moonbus has established as being the consensus.
    I have thumbed you up; I hope you enjoy the “consequences” of that and the accompanying, hidden [almost] anonymous “feedback” that goes with it.

No doubt Suzianne will be along shortly to thumb down your post, my posts and all subsequent posts by us, deny thumbing them down to enjoy the anonymity but still pour public scorn on one or both of us about your destroying of the website (and all other social media websites) and me paying Russ for votes in Moonbus’ poll.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 May '22 15:18
    @fmf said
    Who has alerted this?
    Why?

😭😭🤣🤣
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 May '22 15:20
    @divegeester said
    I have thumbed you up; I hope you enjoy the “consequences” of that and the accompanying, hidden [almost] anonymous “feedback” that goes with it.

No doubt Suzianne will be along shortly to thumb down your post, my posts and all subsequent posts by us, deny thumbing them down to enjoy the anonymity but still pour public scorn on one or both of us about your destroying of the website (and all other social media websites) and me paying Russ for votes in Moonbus’ poll.
    That would be great!

Then you and fmf wouldn't be able to deny thumbing down my posts.

I doubt it will happen as that is the whole idea behind the thumbs anonymity.

-VR
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 May '22 15:23
    @very-rusty said
    I don't thumb down your posts.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 May '22 15:32
    @very-rusty said
    That would be great!

I doubt it will happen as that is the whole idea behind the thumbs anonymity.

-VR
    Exaclty, pleased you are behind the initiative Rusty.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 May '22 15:33
    @divegeester said
    Who has alerted this?
    Why?

😭😭🤣🤣
    Immediately “Un-alerted”.

Well done moderator 👍🏻
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 May '22 15:36
    @fmf said
    For reference:

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/site-ideas/thumbs-up-and-down.193216/page-2
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 May '22 15:363 edits
    @fmf said
    Most of the people who actually post in the Forums would have to have been involved in the poll for the poll to be an accurate one.

EDIT: If it is the Poll I think you're talking about only 8 people have voted. How does that make it an established consensus among all posters? I believe we have more than 8 people who Post.

-VR
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 May '22 15:43
    @very-rusty said

If it is the Poll I think you're talking about only 8 people have voted. How does that make it an established consensus among all posters?
    You’ll have to ask Moonbus when he arrives.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 May '22 15:44
    @very-rusty said
    Most of the people who actually post in the Forums would have to have been involved in the poll for the poll to be an accurate one.
    The supporters of the status quo have had their chance.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 May '22 15:47
    @very-rusty said
    If it is the Poll I think you're talking about only 8 people have voted.
    A typical well-thumbed post might have 4, 5, 6 or 7 thumbs up/down. So around 8 voters sounds fair enough
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 May '22 15:522 edits
    @fmf said
    A typical well-thumbed post might have 4, 5, 6 or 7 thumbs up/down. So around 8 voters sounds fair enough
    If you don't use them what does it matter to you? Is it because you get too many of them and think 8 votes make a consensus of the majority?

I'd love to see if your name shows up in any of my "Did you know" threads. 🙂

-VR
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 May '22 16:01
    @very-rusty said
    If you don't use them what does it matter to you?
    The fact that the site would be better without them matters to me.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 May '22 16:12
    @fmf said
    The fact that the site would be better without them matters to me.
    It is not all about YOU want fmf. It is about what the majority of the site posters want, and we may be forgetting those who read them and never post.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree