1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:32
    @suzianne said
    The only people who want the thumb mechanics to change are those who are bothered by having people disagree with them. Or, on the flip side, not having people agree with them. Both demonstrate a personality disorder. This used to be called neurosis.
    Neurosis! Blimey. LOL.

Says the person who a couple of pages ago slipped one out about moderators getting paid to remove alerts.

Please don’t ever leave this site Suzianne, you provide more entertainment that you can possibly now 😂
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:33
    @suzianne said
    I know Rusty. As you know, we've settled most of our grievances with each other through PM. I admit I too used to thumb down your thread when you started, but I stopped doing that when I saw you were committed and even gave you public kudos for hanging in there although people opposed it. I do appreciate commitment and dedication.
    [violins]
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:34
    @suzianne said
    I understand.

Like many here, and like a politician, I sometimes use the posts here as a launching pad for outbursts of my personal opinion about something. 'Tis the problem of using a public forum. More people than just the recipient read the posts. I apologize if this was offensive to you.
    [more violins as credits roll]
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:35
    @very-rusty said
    Yes, I believe we have settled most if not all our grievances with each other through P.M.. I to use to thumb down pretty much everything you would say, although you already know that. I appreciate the Kudo's, and your kind public words.

-VR
    Get a room ffs
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:37
    Best thread in a while, got all the makings of a classic.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:401 edit
    @fmf said
    Anonymous red thumbs are just inane meaningless social media fluff. They do not rank, in my mind, as grown-up "disagreement, dissent and criticism".
    They serve the same function as 'hear hear' or 'nonsense' murmured from the back benches.

What other site functions do you want removed because you think they are silly and don't use them? Hikaru Junction blog? RHP Social Media Feeds? Polls?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:411 edit
    @divegeester said
    So what the point of the thumbs then.
    Well, I, for one, will stop expressing disagreement with people if the anonymous red thumbs increase. They are unbearable.

I feel besieged by slogans of my own creation. Not knowing who is disagreeing is Ruthless Peer Group Pressure. Going After Everybody Is Impractical So I Am Thwarted. Anonymity Has Terrible Consequences. Don't Let The Door Hit Myself On The Way Out. Knowing You Are Not Liked By People Who You Don't Know Who They Are Is The Internet At Its Cruelest. How Can One Eviscerate Unknown Persons [Just For Not Agreeing With Me, Whoever They Are] [And Whatever Their Reasons Are]?*

Any more slogans?

* This last one needs work; it's a bit too long.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:44
    @moonbus said
    What other site functions do you want removed because you think they are silly and don't use them? Hikaru Junction blog? RHP Social Media Feeds? Polls?
    None.

The Hikaru Junction blog, RHP Social Media Feeds, and Polls aren't infantile. Removing them would not make the site better.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:53
    @suzianne said
    Those of us who can't really afford the time all this self-doubt and anguish is causing them still need to stay vigilant against those who would silence our free speech.

The red thumb has to remain without exposure to protect those with opposing viewpoints from getting assailed by those who are so consumed with their own self-importance that they must attack those who dis ...[text shortened]... e who agree with those they don't like from getting attacked on the backside of their "divine wind".
    Is the fact that you cannot give yourself a thumb up [or a thumb down for that matter] also an abrogation of your free speech?
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:55
    @fmf said
    Well, I, for one, will stop expressing disagreement with people if the anonymous red thumbs increase. They are unbearable.

I feel besieged by slogans of my own creation. Not knowing who is disagreeing is Ruthless Peer Group Pressure. Going After Everybody Is Impractical So I Am Thwarted. Anonymity Has Terrible Consequences. Don't Let The Door Hit Myself On The Way Out. Knowing ...[text shortened]... atever Their Reasons Are]?*

Any more slogans?

* This last one needs work; it's a bit too long.
    Nonsense.
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:55
    @fmf said
    Is the fact that you cannot give yourself a thumb up [or a thumb down for that matter] also an abrogation of your free speech?
    Nonsense.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:57
    @moonbus said
    Nonsense.
    It's calculated nonsense; it draws attention to the nonsense of anonymous thumbs on a grown-ups' website.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 May '22 05:58
    @fmf said
    The Hikaru Junction blog, RHP Social Media Feeds, and Polls aren't infantile. Removing them would not make the site better.
    Nonsense?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 May '22 07:32
    @fmf said
    Personality disorder? Neurosis?
    This tactic used to be called, "Hold on until I get the dictionary down."
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    22 May '22 07:35
    @fmf said
    It's calculated nonsense; it draws attention to the nonsense of anonymous thumbs on a grown-ups' website.
    Nonsense. Get a life.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree