1. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 May '22 19:34
    @fmf said
    The fact that the site would be better without them matters to me.
    Says the person who worte:

I revel in disagreement, dissent and criticism.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 May '22 19:36
    @fmf said
    I think the site should just get rid of it.
    As if anybody reading the forum the last few years would have any question about that...
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 May '22 19:37
    @fmf said
    This most recent poll was open to all.
    It was not widely advertised. I for one was ignorant (not that I would have necessarily voted, but if so I would have voted for the status quo.)
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 May '22 21:12
    @divegeester said
    Why are you preferring a poll from “some years ago” or a poll which “Russ” might perhaps want to do, when you have Moonbus’ bang on point, bang on current, bang on relevant, poll to refer to?
    Bang-on not publicized.

I never knew about the poll, and I keep track of this subject, as you well know.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 May '22 21:14
    @divegeester said
    Immediately “Un-alerted”.

Well done moderator 👍🏻
    "A little something in your next pay envelope."

Isn't that the usual wording?
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 May '22 21:14
    @fmf said
    I think the site should just get rid of it. Only one person has threatened to cancel their subscription if it does. That's a price I am perfectly willing for the site to pay.
    So in other words get rid of all the silent red thumbs who disagree with you or your pals?

-VR
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 May '22 21:15
    @moonbus said
    Fewer people care about this issue than I expected (I did not cast a vote, btw). But those few appear to care a lot about it. It seems a curious issue to take issue with. Much less significant than, for example, the drumming out of Duchess a while back.
    Try it again, now that more than a couple people know about it.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 May '22 21:17
    @divegeester said
    Your post seems to be a strange mix of denial and whataboutism, rather than some acknowledgment of the poll result, which is what I would have expected from you.
    Clearly (only 8 people even knew about it), such a miniscule sample size requires confirmation.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 May '22 21:18
    @fmf said
    I think the site should just get rid of it. Only one person has threatened to cancel their subscription if it does. That's a price I am perfectly willing for the site to pay.
    Especially since that one person was me.

How courageous.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 May '22 21:21
    @divegeester said
    You really should have brought up your concerns with Moonbus at the time of the poll, rather than lamely bleating about improved process and marketing once the decision has gone against you. It makes you look small.
    Is this the quality of your Inquisition-style aggressive posting we should look forward to then?
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 May '22 21:22
    @suzianne said
    Especially since that one person was me.

How courageous.
    I think losing you would be a big loss for the Site.

We have banged heads a few times but, but you add to the forum in my opinion.

Even one paying Subscriber is a big loss to the site.

-VR
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 May '22 21:24
    @divegeester said
    However Moonbus seems a little reticent to comment at the moment, although he is content to signal to his in-group that he is observing proceedings by causally posting in other threads.
    Is this how you conduct yourself and your groups on this site? Is this your code?

What makes you think others connive as you do? I see no evidence of what you say, except maybe from you. Is this how your people found out about the poll?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 May '22 21:27
    @divegeester said
    Why are you preferring a poll from “some years ago” or a poll which “Russ” might perhaps want to do, when you have Moonbus’ bang on point, bang on current, bang on relevant, poll to refer to?
    Why not have another, newer site poll then?

You really thought you could stuff the ballot box on this one, didn't you? Well, that's precisely what happened.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 May '22 21:35
    @moonbus said
    I don't dispute the result. More people voted for automatic outing than all other options together. Do the math: 63% of 8 votes is 5 people who voted for automatic outing. 13% of 8 is one; one person voted for optional outing. Two people voted to keep as is. No one voted for 'no strong opinion on the matter.'

@FMF wondered what would constitute a quorum, and I guessed that ...[text shortened]... wonder whether people knew about it and didn't care enough to vote, or did not know about it at all.
    Yes the last line. That there were many who had no idea the poll was on. That seems clear.

While people who were conducive to their side were probably promptly notified. What's interesting to note, is that among those they did notify, apparently not all of them voted their way. Perhaps the Inquisition this leads to may cause some to see reason.

If you had an election that was not publicized and no one showed up, would that be a consensus in any meaningful sense? Was there a Quorum, or anything close to it? Not at all.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 May '22 21:35
    How many users actually use the thumbs in the forums - top post has 7 thumbs in recommended posts

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree