1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 May '22 21:401 edit
    @silverstriker said
    How many users actually use the thumbs in the forums - top post has 7 thumbs in recommended posts
    That is 7 people who agreed with what the Poster said, doesn't account for how many use the thumbs feature.

Perhaps another Poll for that question?

-VR
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 May '22 21:48
    @very-rusty said
    Yes, as bad as I'd love to know who is thumbing my posts down, if another vote was held I would vote differently for the good of everyone and to stop a lot of unwanted arguments with poster who thumbed the post down. I went the other way first time around until I've seen what has happened the last number of years as I said. I have to respect that the poster doesn't want to show their identity and now know and understand the reason why.

-VR
    Rusty, as much as their group seems to auto-TD anything I post, I don't give a damn who red thumbs me. That's their issue, not mine.

Free yourself from the self-doubt they want to encourage in you.

Remember, they SAY they don't care about red thumbs. But seeing how this has evolved into a full-court press by them, apparently they do care very much. This is why they limited alerts. But those of us who can't really afford the time all this self-doubt and anguish is causing them still need to stay vigilant against those who would silence our free speech.

The red thumb has to remain without exposure to protect those with opposing viewpoints from getting assailed by those who are so consumed with their own self-importance that they must attack those who disagree. By this same argument, the green thumb must remain anonymous as well, to protect those who agree with those they don't like from getting attacked on the backside of their "divine wind".
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 May '22 21:522 edits
    @suzianne said
    Rusty, as much as their group seems to auto-TD anything I post, I don't give a damn who red thumbs me. That's their issue, not mine.

Free yourself from the self-doubt they want to encourage in you.

Remember, they SAY they don't care about red thumbs. But seeing how this has evolved into a full-court press by them, apparently they do care very much. This is why they ...[text shortened]... e who agree with those they don't like from getting attacked on the backside of their "divine wind".
    I am with you on this one suzianne.

As you know I am my own man and go my own way, no one is going to sway me in any direction. I believe what I believe and that will not change at this point in my life. No one TELLS me what to do, exception being a Moderator or Russ. ๐Ÿ™‚

-VR
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 May '22 21:54
    @silverstriker said
    How many users actually use the thumbs in the forums - top post has 7 thumbs in recommended posts
    However, even if you do not use the thumbs feature, clearly you are aware of it and the result of those who do.

That is what they're afraid of. Public opinion.
  5. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    21 May '22 21:56
    Couldn't give a gnat's foreskin about the thumbs down, or up. Maybe they could add a "Meh" option?
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    21 May '22 21:571 edit
    @silverstriker said
    A few posts get double digits. It's a feature commonly used across many forums. I don't think two (primarily) disgruntled users should dictate terms on this to suit their own vanity.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 May '22 21:58
    @suzianne said
    However, even if you do not use the thumbs feature, clearly you are aware of it and the result of those who do.

That is what they're afraid of. Public opinion.
    It can also become a popularity contest but something we have to live with. Look a my Thread "Did you know" in the General forum if you want to see red thumbs. Got nothing to do with what I posted it is because I posted it. So I continue, doesn't stop me from posting. ๐Ÿ™‚

-VR
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    21 May '22 22:06
    @huckleberryhound said
    Couldn't give a gnat's foreskin about the thumbs down, or up. Maybe they could add a "Meh" option?
    Well, that's what I don't get about @fmf's position on this. He too claims he doesn't care who gives him a TD or a TU, thinks the feature is silly, and claims he does not use it himself -- so why should he try to get the function removed from the site altogether when many other people use it?? Saying he's trying to make the site better is disingenuous; I don't believe that is his real motive here.

If some people don't care about thumbs, then just ignore them. Fixed.

Big Dogg wrote a script to make certain poster's posts invisible; I'm sure a similar script could be written to block out thumbs for those who don't want to look at them. Fixed.
  9. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    21 May '22 22:13
    @moonbus said
    Well, that's what I don't get about @fmf's position on this. He too claims he doesn't care who gives him a TD or a TU, thinks the feature is silly, and claims he does not use it himself -- so why should he try to get the function removed from the site altogether when many other people use it?? Saying he's trying to make the site better is disingenuous; I don't believe that is ...[text shortened]... similar script could be written to block out thumbs for those who don't want to look at them. Fixed.
    Was that big dogg? I thought it was Orangutan. Maybe he's who i saw share it. It was called GBaway or something.

Just tell him Thumbs are republican, or whatever.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 May '22 22:28
    @huckleberryhound said
    Maybe just don't use it then?

Every site feature is not for every one.

I don't play one-day games. Should I lobby to have them removed? No. I just don't use that feature.

The only people who want the thumb mechanics to change are those who are bothered by having people disagree with them. Or, on the flip side, not having people agree with them. Both demonstrate a personality disorder. This used to be called neurosis. Be glad you're not affected.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 May '22 22:32
    @huckleberryhound said
    Was that big dogg? I thought it was Orangutan. Maybe he's who i saw share it. It was called GBaway or something.

Just tell him Thumbs are republican, or whatever.
    I think Big Dogg updated the original by Orangutan.
  12. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    21 May '22 22:362 edits
    @suzianne said
    Maybe just don't use it then?

Every site feature is not for every one.

I don't play one-day games. Should I lobby to have them removed? No. I just don't use that feature.

The only people who want the thumb mechanics to change are those who are bothered by having people disagree with them. Or, on the flip side, not having people agree with them. Both demonstrate a personality disorder. This used to be called neurosis. Be glad you're not affected.
    I think you're deeply overestimating the size of a gnat's foreskin.

(Unless you're aiming that at someone else...then, carry on. nothing to see here)
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 May '22 22:46
    @very-rusty said
    I am with you on this one suzianne.

As you know I am my own man and go my own way, no one is going to sway me in any direction. I believe what I believe and that will not change at this point in my life. No one TELLS me what to do, exception being a Moderator or Russ. ๐Ÿ™‚

-VR
    I know Rusty. As you know, we've settled most of our grievances with each other through PM. I admit I too used to thumb down your thread when you started, but I stopped doing that when I saw you were committed and even gave you public kudos for hanging in there although people opposed it. I do appreciate commitment and dedication.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 May '22 22:50
    @huckleberryhound said
    I think you're deeply overestimating the size of a gnat's foreskin.

(Unless you're aiming that at someone else...then, carry on. nothing to see here)
    I understand.

Like many here, and like a politician, I sometimes use the posts here as a launching pad for outbursts of my personal opinion about something. 'Tis the problem of using a public forum. More people than just the recipient read the posts. I apologize if this was offensive to you.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 May '22 22:541 edit
    @suzianne said
    I know Rusty. As you know, we've settled most of our grievances with each other through PM. I admit I too used to thumb down your thread when you started, but I stopped doing that when I saw you were committed and even gave you public kudos for hanging in there although people opposed it. I do appreciate commitment and dedication.
    Yes, I believe we have settled most if not all our grievances with each other through P.M.. I to use to thumb down pretty much everything you would say, although you already know that. I appreciate the Kudo's, and your kind public words.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree