1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 May '22 16:14
    @very-rusty said
    It is not all about YOU want fmf. It is about what the majority of the site posters want, and we may be forgetting those who read them and never post.
    What do the majority of the site posters want?
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    21 May '22 16:17
    @fmf said
    moonbus ran a poll on a Site Ideas thread and an overwhelming majority voted to remove anonymity from thumbs. So be it. Let's hope Russ acts upon what moonbus has established as being the consensus.
    Fewer people care about this issue than I expected (I did not cast a vote, btw). But those few appear to care a lot about it. It seems a curious issue to take issue with. Much less significant than, for example, the drumming out of Duchess a while back.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 May '22 16:18
    @fmf said
    What do the majority of the site posters want?
    That is your question that has already been answered in a Site Vote some years ago.

Perhaps Russ would like to do another one and make it long enough so every one sees it and put a post about it in the GF so everyone knows about it. That would be the fair way to do it in my humble opinion.

-VR
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 May '22 16:19
    @moonbus said
    Fewer people care about this issue than I expected (I did not cast a vote, btw). But those few appear to care a lot about it. It seems a curious issue to take issue with. Much less significant than, for example, the drumming out of Duchess a while back.
    Your post seems to be a strange mix of denial and whataboutism, rather than some acknowledgment of the poll result, which is what I would have expected from you.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 May '22 16:20
    @moonbus said
    I believe fmf and divegeester believe they are getting too many red thumbs and want to confront the people who are giving them the thumbs down. Many people do not like confrontation and that was the objective of the thumbs up and down in my opinion.

-VR
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 May '22 16:20
    @moonbus said
    I don’t recall Duchess64 being "drummed out". Did it happen on the Debates Forum? She was acting in a truly bizarre way here on the General Forum for about three weeks prior to being banned.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 May '22 16:211 edit
    @very-rusty said
    That is your question that has already been answered in a Site Vote some years ago.

Perhaps Russ would like to do another one and make it long enough so every one sees it and put a post about it in the GF so everyone knows about it. That would be the fair way to do it in my humble opinion.

-VR
    Why are you preferring a poll from “some years ago” or a poll which “Russ” might perhaps want to do, when you have Moonbus’ bang on point, bang on current, bang on relevant, poll to refer to?
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 May '22 16:22
    @fmf said
    I don’t recall Duchess64 being "drummed out". Did it happen on the Debates Forum? She was acting in a truly bizarre way here on the General Forum for about three weeks prior to being banned.
    Why even bring up that?....What is the connection with thumbs?

-VR
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 May '22 16:221 edit
    @very-rusty said
    I believe fmf and divegeester believe they are getting too many red thumbs and want to confront the people who are giving them the thumbs down. Many people do not like confrontation and that was the objective of the thumbs up and down in my opinion.

-VR
    Did you vote in Moonbus’ poll?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 May '22 16:22
    @very-rusty said
    Why even bring up that?....What is the connection with thumbs?

-VR
    Moonbus brought it up, why don’t you ask him?
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 May '22 16:231 edit
    @divegeester said
    Why are you preferring a poll from “some years ago” or a poll which “Russ” might perhaps want to do, when you have Moonbus’ bang on point, bang on current, bang on relevant, poll to refer to?
    I believe it is a decision that should be made by all site members who post not 7or8 people, who all pretty much want the same thing.

-VR
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 May '22 16:241 edit
    @very-rusty said

Perhaps Russ would like to do another one and make it long enough so every one sees it and put a post about it in the GF so everyone knows about it. That would be the fair way to do it in my humble opinion
    I think the site should just get rid of it. Only one person has threatened to cancel their subscription if it does. That's a price I am perfectly willing for the site to pay.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 May '22 16:25
    @very-rusty said
    I believe it is a decision that should be made by all site members who post not 7or8 people, who all pretty much want the same thing.
    This most recent poll was open to all.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 May '22 16:25
    @fmf said
    I think the site should just get rid of it. Only one person has threatened to cancel their subscription if it does. That's a price I am perfectly will the site to pay.
    You are talking about 8 people fmf, how does that give you the whole picture on what everyone wants?

-VR
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 May '22 16:251 edit
    @very-rusty said
    I believe it is a decision that should be made by all site members who post not 7or8 people.

-VR
    You really should have brought up your concerns with Moonbus at the time of the poll, rather than lamely bleating about improved process and marketing once the decision has gone against you. It makes you look small.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree