1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 May '22 16:26
    @very-rusty said
    You are talking about 8 people fmf, how does that give you the whole picture on what everyone wants?
    Nobody was prevented from participating in the poll.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 May '22 16:272 edits
    @very-rusty said
    You are talking about 8 people fmf, how does that give you the whole picture on what everyone wants?

-VR
    You really should take this up with the instigator of the poll Rusty.

FMF and I are merely commentators on it.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 May '22 16:281 edit
    @fmf said
    Nobody was prevented from participating in the poll.
    Not enough people were involved in it. I think the only ones who care are you and the gooster..... πŸ™‚ I don't know why, maybe because of the red thumbs you get? Your are itching to go after someone aren't you? πŸ™‚

-VR
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 May '22 16:28
    @very-rusty said
    Not enough people were involved in it. I think the only ones who care are you and the gooster..... πŸ™‚ I don't know why, maybe because of the red thumbs you get?

-VR
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 May '22 16:30
    @divegeester said
    I should just take it up with the main instigators you and fmf! πŸ™‚

-VR
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 May '22 16:30
    @divegeester said
    However Moonbus seems a little reticent to comment at the moment, although he is content to signal to his in-group that he is observing proceedings by causally posting in other threads.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 May '22 16:32
    @very-rusty said
    I should just take it up with the main instigators you and fmf! πŸ™‚

-VR
    You are a good sort Rusty, just realise your place in all this.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 May '22 16:321 edit
    @divegeester said
    You are a good sort Rusty, just realise your place in all this.
    And you yours! πŸ™‚ Also your motives.

-VR
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 May '22 16:33
    @very-rusty said
    And you yours! πŸ™‚ Also your motives.

-VR
    Oh yes.
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    21 May '22 17:391 edit
    @divegeester said
    Your post seems to be a strange mix of denial and whataboutism, rather than some acknowledgment of the poll result, which is what I would have expected from you.
    I don't dispute the result. More people voted for automatic outing than all other options together. Do the math: 63% of 8 votes is 5 people who voted for automatic outing. 13% of 8 is one; one person voted for optional outing. Two people voted to keep as is. No one voted for 'no strong opinion on the matter.'

@FMF wondered what would constitute a quorum, and I guessed that ten people might be interested enough to vote (in the event, I did not vote, so as not to skew the result).

My interpretation of the result is that very few people really care about this issue.
    If Russ were to announce a potential change which would affect several hundred frequent posters to all the forums, I would hope that more people would express an opinion, even if the opinion were that they did not care. At least we would know they did not care, whereas the straw poll I put up attracted so little attention that I have to wonder whether people knew about it and didn't care enough to vote, or did not know about it at all.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 May '22 17:491 edit
    @moonbus said
    I don't dispute the result. More people voted for automatic outing than all other options together. Do the math: 63% of 8 votes is 5 people who voted for automatic outing. 13% of 8 is one; one person voted for optional outing. Two people voted to keep as is. No one voted for 'no strong opinion on the matter.'

@FMF wondered what would constitute a quorum, and I guessed that ...[text shortened]... wonder whether people knew about it and didn't care enough to vote, or did not know about it at all.
    I concur, impossible to get a consensus after only 8 Votes.

Again we would need a site vote like we did back some years ago, and hopefully enough people would participate if they knew about it. Have it long enough as it was the first time.

The first time I voted that the poster who thumbed the post be shown, but now I see 'why' it was voted down. There are a few who would surely go after the people who voted their post down. I now see the reasoning and wisdom for the reasons it was voted down after seeing what has happened over the past several years.

-VR
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    21 May '22 18:10
    @Very-Rusty

Does that mean you would vote differently if the poll were run again ?
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 May '22 18:16
    @moonbus said
    @Very-Rusty

Does that mean you would vote differently if the poll were run again ?
    Yes, as bad as I'd love to know who is thumbing my posts down, if another vote was held I would vote differently for the good of everyone and to stop a lot of unwanted arguments with poster who thumbed the post down. I went the other way first time around until I've seen what has happened the last number of years as I said. I have to respect that the poster doesn't want to show their identity and now know and understand the reason why.

-VR
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    21 May '22 18:431 edit
    @Very-Rusty

Thank you for your honesty.

As I see it, five people want to disenfranchise the rest of RHP. (And maybe only four if you would change your vote.)
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 May '22 18:47
    @moonbus said
    @Very-Rusty

Thank you for your honesty.

As I see it, five people want to disenfranchise the rest of RHP. (And maybe only four if you would change your vote.)
    You're Welcome I do my best to be honest, some say I am too honest at times.

A vote would not change things from where they are now.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree