1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 15:16
    @very-rusty said
    O for Christs sake goad, get off you high horse and give her a cyber hug at least! 😉

-VR
    The Ghost moves in mysterious ways.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 15:20
    @torunn said
    With some people, depressions come and go. If we can understand the reasons why they occur, sometimes we can learn to live with them because we know they will pass. A friend of mine, she too a psychiatrist, has explained this to me, and I remind myself every time I have to - this too shall pass.
    I tend to work mostly with people struggling with depression and social anxiety, so 'treatment' invariably occurs in a community setting. (Including coffee shops).
  3. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 15:29
    George was never depressed he was a realist who figured out you are better off dead then forced on bs medications under the mental health act. In fact mental health took over a lot of things in recent years and suicides have almost doubled but the belief of well-being big pharma medications still exist even though they are dead.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 15:38
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I tend to work mostly with people struggling with depression and social anxiety, so 'treatment' invariably occurs in a community setting. (Including coffee shops).
    Or you end up giving them more depression & anxiety? That is a question not accusation! 😉

-VR
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 15:52
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    When I left my last job (after 13 years of service) I still only shook the hands of my colleagues. Some of them I think were angling for hugs.

Must be a British thing. 😏
    That is my preference as well. I'm still getting used to all the gratuitous hugging that has become popular over here.
  6. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 15:54
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    The 'couch' is a bit of a cliche to be honest old chap.

😴
    Quite so. I actually prefer a nice granite slab with leather restraints and a black chrome finish on the hardware if available.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 15:56
    @caesar-salad said
    That is my preference as well. I'm still getting used to all the gratuitous hugging that has become popular over here.
    Less germ contact from hugging than shaking hands, at least according to Howie Mandel who is a self proclaimed germophobic. He also has been known to bump fists, but rarely to actually hug someone himself!

-VR
  8. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 15:58
    my psychiatrist who keeps me under the mental health act used to try to shake my hand. what person did you shake hands with before me. gross.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 15:59
    @executioner-brand said
    my psychiatrist who keeps me under the mental health act used to try to shake my hand. what person did you shake hands with before me. gross.
    Your Psychiatrist seems like someone who enjoys spreading germs! 😉

-VR
  10. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 16:01
    @very-rusty said
    Your Psychiatrist seems like someone who enjoys spreading germs! 😉

-VR
    germs and lies.
  11. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 16:02
    @very-rusty said
    Less germ contact from hugging than shaking hands, at least according to Howie Mandel who is a self proclaimed germophobic. He also has been known to bump fists, but rarely to actually hug someone himself!

-VR
    But with hugs one might have to deal with psychic vampirism or at least a discordant EM field, pickpockets, the unintended encouragement of an unsavory one-sided sexual obsession, etc.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 16:06
    @caesar-salad said
    But with hugs one might have to deal with psychic vampirism or at least a discordant EM field, pickpockets, the unintended encouragement of an unsavory one-sided sexual obsession, etc.
    LOL....Hey cross that bridge when you come to it!!! 😉

-VR
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 16:061 edit
    @executioner-brand said
    Yeah -- how about greeting each other with a bow?

The other problem with handshakes is the guys who treat it as a bone-crushing contest rather than a greeting.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 16:14
    @caesar-salad said

The other problem with handshakes is the guys who treat it as a bone-crushing contest rather than a greeting.
    I use to enjoy those handshakes back in my younger years!!! 😉

-VR
  15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    13 Jul '19 16:15
    @very-rusty said
    I use to enjoy those handshakes back in my younger years!!! 😉

-VR
    A handshake was a sign of honesty and trust.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree