To Tell You Quite Honestly

To Tell You Quite Honestly

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
13 Jul 19

Friend of mine tried homeopathy.

One day he forgot to take his medicine and died of an overdose.

Gothenburg

Moves
13 Jul 19
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
With social anxiety, the desired goal is the extinction of the anxiety (through habitualization).

So, for example, if I took a client with anxiety into a busy coffee shop their initial instinct would be to get out as quickly as possible. This however only rewards the anxiety and perpetuates it. The strategy I use is to pre-arm the client with the knowledge that anx ...[text shortened]... of the hustle and bustle). At referral meetings, I frequently ask the question, "Do you play chess?"
I believe it can work with people who really want to be cured of their anxiety - they wouldn't turn to you if they didn't. A friend of mine has Claustrophobia which means that she doesn't enter an elevator or an aeroplane and avoids crowded places. I live on the 4th floor in a house with elevator. If I lived higher up, she would never come to see me, the stairs would be too much for her. Somehow she is comfortable living like this and refuses to do anything about it, which of course I urge her to do from time to time.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
13 Jul 19

@torunn said
I believe it can work with people who really want to be cured of their anxiety - they wouldn't turn to you if they didn't. A friend of mine has Claustrophobia which means that she doesn't enter an elevator or an aeroplane and avoids crowdy places. I live on the 4th floor in a house with elevator. If I lived higher up, she would never come to see me, the stairs would be too muc ...[text shortened]... g like this and refuses to do anything about it, which of course I urge her to do from time to time.
Poor devil.
She should try thinking outside the box.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Jul 19

@the-gravedigger said
Poor devil.
She should try thinking outside the box.
You do have a warped sense of humour but I kind'a like it! 😉

-VR

Moves
13 Jul 19

@very-rusty said
Like I said you are always at it, does it make you feel superior.

To me it just makes you appear condenscending, kind'a like Dr. Phil does at times with people!

-VR
We're all equal here -- different people have different talents and have developed skills in different areas. For one person to display a particular skill should not make anyone else feel lesser in their totality.

Moves
13 Jul 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
There you go again Napoleon, manifesting in juvenile responses.
Careful now, he might actually have cinq-cents soldats.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Jul 19

@caesar-salad said
We're all equal here -- different people have different talents and have developed skills in different areas. For one person to display a particular skill should not make anyone else feel lesser in their totality.
I'm not the person you should be telling that too, I most certainly don't act superior to anyone!

-VR

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
13 Jul 19

@very-rusty said

Did he beat up on the British too much for you liking? 😉 😛
Don't live in the past goad, move on into the future.
Your knowledge of history is somewhat wanting sir.

Google 'Battle of Waterloo.'

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Jul 19

@caesar-salad said
Careful now, he might actually have cinq-cents soldats.
Oh I see, your just picking sides....np!!! 😛

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Jul 19
2 edits

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Your knowledge of history is somewhat wanting sir.

Google 'Battle of Waterloo.'
You mean pick the battles you prefer!!! 😛

You don't like him because he was from France and a great explorer.

-VR

Moves
13 Jul 19

@very-rusty said
Oh I see, your just picking sides....np!!! 😛

-VR
I'm guessing you also have a hockey player's stubble -- just wait till he finds out! 😉

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Jul 19

@caesar-salad said
I'm guessing you also have a hockey player's stubble -- just wait till he finds out! 😉
Whatever the hell that suppse to mean! 😛

-VR

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
13 Jul 19

@very-rusty said
I'm not the person you should be telling that too, I most certainly don't act superior to anyone!

-VR
But for many (many) years here you referred to non-subscribers as scum. Wasn't that a superiority thing?!

Memory failing you old chap?

Moves
13 Jul 19

@torunn said
I believe it can work with people who really want to be cured of their anxiety - they wouldn't turn to you if they didn't. A friend of mine has Claustrophobia which means that she doesn't enter an elevator or an aeroplane and avoids crowded places. I live on the 4th floor in a house with elevator. If I lived higher up, she would never come to see me, the stairs would be too mu ...[text shortened]... g like this and refuses to do anything about it, which of course I urge her to do from time to time.
I have a situation somewhat like this in my life and after some decades I have been thinking that maybe it's better to just let it be, because my encouragement probably just comes across as controlling and superior.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
13 Jul 19

@very-rusty said
You mean pick the battles you prefer!!! 😛

You don't like him because he was from France and a great explorer.

-VR
I picked the last battle. You know, the one he lost that sent him into exile.

Explorer?!?!?!