U.S. Shootings

U.S. Shootings

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 Aug 19

@eladar said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Your ignorance is certainly telling. I am sure you are not alone in your ignorance yet all of you believe your uneducated opinion is actually worth something.
I have no idea who said 'the strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government,' and am pretty happy about that.

Your own ignorance is betrayed by your racist outlook on life and non-adherence to key Christian values and behaviour.

E

Moves
11 Aug 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I have no idea who said 'the strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government,' and am pretty happy about that.

Your own ignorance is betrayed by your racist outlook on life and non-adherence to key Christian values and behaviour.
Lol, how can you make an accurate judgment out of your ignorance?

All you can do is make clueless claims.

E

Moves
11 Aug 19
1 edit

Here is another quote from the same person.

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.”

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 Aug 19

@eladar said
Lol, how can you make an accurate judgment out of your ignorance?

All you can do is make clueless claims.
A man is judged by what he says and does.

You've said enough.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 Aug 19

@eladar said
Here is another quote from the same person.

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.”
He also said, “every day is lost in which we do not learn something useful."

Do you lament the loss of so many of yours?

E

Moves
11 Aug 19

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

So you revert to your typical trash. You care not about the topic, all you eant to do is make personal insults and jabs. It is why you are a total waste and why people you might actually meet in person benefit from your time here.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 Aug 19

@eladar said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

So you revert to your typical trash. You care not about the topic, all you eant to do is make personal insults and jabs. It is why you are a total waste and why people you might actually meet in person benefit from your time here.
Ah, you are selective in your appreciation of Jefferson quotes?

E

Moves
11 Aug 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Ah, you are selective in your appreciation of Jefferson quotes?
Lol, you are interested in the actual topic?

No, of course not. You are just your typical self.

Seriously, there is a relatively small core of usual suspects around here who are worthless pieces of trash.

Moves
11 Aug 19

@eladar said
Lol, you are interested in the actual topic?

No, of course not. You are just your typical self.

Seriously, there is a relatively small core of usual suspects around here who are worthless pieces of trash.
Trash has value. You don't.

Über-Nerd

Moves
11 Aug 19
1 edit

@eladar said
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Do you know who said that?
No, I do not know who wrote that. I do know who didn't.

https://checkyourfact.com/2019/05/09/fact-check-thomas-jefferson-right-bear-arms-last-resort-tyranny/

E

Moves
11 Aug 19

@moonbus said
No, I do not know who wrote that. I do know who didn't.

https://checkyourfact.com/2019/05/09/fact-check-thomas-jefferson-right-bear-arms-last-resort-tyranny/
Is this one real?

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

E

Moves
11 Aug 19

Here is another

“If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers, may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual state. In a single state, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair.”
– Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28

Über-Nerd

Moves
11 Aug 19
1 edit

@eladar said
Is this one real?

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787
Quote the rest of the passage and it takes on a whole different meaning:

". . . the British ministry have so long hired their gazetteers to repeat and model into every form lies about our being in anarchy, that the world has at length believed them, the English nation has believed them, the ministers themselves have come to believe them, & what is more wonderful, we have believed them ourselves. [Sounds like fakes news and falsely attributed quotes, does it not?] Yet where does this anarchy exist? where did it ever exist, except in the single instance of Massachusets? and can history produce an instance of a rebellion so honourably conducted? I say nothing of it's motives. They were founded in ignorance, not wickedness. God forbid we should ever be 20 years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, & always, well informed. The past which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive; if they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. We have had 13. states independent 11. years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state. What country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. . . . "

Thomas Jefferson to William Smith, Paris Nov. 13. 1787.

https://www.loc.gov/exhibits/jefferson/105.html

Face it, Eladar, your tortuous argument does not hold water. Both the grammar of the 2d Amendment and the historical context (no standing army) make it plain that the right to keep and bear arms was designed to secure the U.S. state against foreign powers, not the private citizen against the U.S. government.

F

Moves
11 Aug 19

@eladar said

– Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28
Does the writing of Alexander Hamilton make you believe the 2nd amendment gives you the right bear arms in order to gun down government officials and employees if you decide they represent tyranny and are acting in a way that you believe has "abandoned the Constitution"?

E

Moves
11 Aug 19
1 edit

@moonbus said
Quote the rest of the passage and it takes on a whole different meaning:

". . . the British ministry have so long hired their gazetteers to repeat and model into every form lies about our being in anarchy, that the world has at length believed them, the English nation has believed them, the ministers themselves have come to believe them, & what is more wonderful, we have ...[text shortened]... o secure the U.S. state against foreign powers, not the private citizen against the U.S. government.
Face it, the quotes I gave are accurate. The people who killed with weapons to stop a tyrranical government put the 2nd Amendment in the Constitution just in case it was required again.