1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Sep '16 09:031 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    What is there "no evidence" of?
    "What?"

You have spoken out about these "What?" moments, but you persist in pretending that you "don't know" what your detractors are talking about.

And that's what brings the "What?"s to the yard.

(Oh, yeah, now the "deflection" crying starts.)
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Sep '16 09:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    How am I proposing to "remove free speech"? How am I proposing to "silence [my] detractors"? How am I proposing that "disagreement is silenced"? What on earth are you on about?
    Perhaps you'd like to read your own posts.

Or can't you stand them either?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '16 09:06
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    "What?"

You have spoken out about these "What?" moments, but you persist in pretending that you "don't know" what your detractors are talking about.

And that's what brings the "What?"s to the yard.

(Oh, yeah, now the "deflection" crying starts.)
    You said "There was no evidence of this last time you suggested this obvious control-freak idea, and there's no evidence of this now." What "obvious control freak idea" are you referring to? What "no evidence" are you talking about? What "evidence" do you need, and what for exactly?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '16 09:09
    Perhaps you'd like to read your own posts.

Or can't you stand them either?
    I am a proponent of free speech, even more especially when I disagree with what a person is saying when they exercise their right to free speech. How on earth can you seek to characterize me as seeking to remove free speech, silence detractors, and silence disagreement? You are being utterly daft, Suzianne.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '16 09:11
    Originally posted by FMF to divegeester
    Just make an 'official' suggestion on the Site Ideas Forum ~ or perhaps here on the General Forum ~ that the identities of those giving Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down are shown, and see who gets really agitated and starts spluttering...
    divegeester, see what I mean?
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Sep '16 09:37
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Agreed. I take no notice of them, except for two occasions:

1 when there are loads and loads either up or down on post by any poster. This is interesting because it indicated that the post is universally appreciated, universally disliked or is strongly dividing opinion.

2 I also take notice if there are thumbing patterns such as certain posters th ...[text shortened]... detractors. There are probably 3 or 4 of the regulars who do this. I find it curious behaviour.
    Well, in case you think I'm one of the "regulars", I've only thumbed up or down maybe a half dozen times. It's a meaningless feature in my opinion because I'd rather hear people voice their thoughts than make gestures from the shadows.
  7. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    30 Sep '16 10:232 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'm not convinced it's as many as 3 or 4, more like 1 or 2. Much of the time I think it's just the one person, actually. The thumbs all appear in a short space of time when she (or - who knows - maybe it's a he) posts on a thread somewhere.

Just make an 'official' suggestion on the Site Ideas Forum ~ or perhaps here on the General Forum ~ that the identities ...[text shortened]... nd how they will cancel their subscription etc. etc.

That's probably the person who does it.
    That Suggestion has already been made...but the vote (with very small participation)

ended in favour of the state that is.
    Thread 165951
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Sep '16 11:05
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    When someone gives one of my posts a thumbs down my ego just assumes they have accidentally slipped with the mouse.
    Hey, 5 accidental thumbs down for this post. (Which means it got 7 thumbs up).

Horrah!
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Sep '16 13:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am a proponent of free speech, even more especially when I disagree with what a person is saying when they exercise their right to free speech. How on earth can you seek to characterize me as seeking to remove free speech, silence detractors, and silence disagreement? You are being utterly daft, Suzianne.
    Ha, now that is a joke. You denigrate nearly everyone who, in your mind, is unprincipled enough to disagree with you. And really, 'denigrate' doesn't begin to accurately reflect the nastiness you display daily.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '16 13:11
    Ha, now that is a joke. You denigrate nearly everyone who, in your mind, is unprincipled enough to disagree with you. And really, 'denigrate' doesn't begin to accurately reflect the nastiness you display daily.
    I don't always see eye to eye with people, granted, but then, neither do you. What examples of this supposed "nastiness" can you cite from the last 72 hours?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Sep '16 13:12
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    That Suggestion has already been made...but the vote (with very small participation)

ended in favour of the state that is.
    Thread 165951
    "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
    -- Edmund Burke
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '16 13:13
    "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
    -- Edmund Burke
    The thumbs up and down not being anonymous would be "tyranny"? How so?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Sep '16 13:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    But the question is, do you ever deign to see what anyone else means? Probably not.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Sep '16 13:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes I'd noticed it in the other thread too.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '16 13:17
    But the question is, do you ever deign to see what anyone else means? Probably not.
    Is there something specific that you are currently very, very angry about or is your anger today simply generic ? 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree