1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 15:01
    Referring to people leaving their religion to join Jehovah's Witnesses:

"No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family."
    Awake! 2009 July p.29 (p.28)

However...

Regarding those disfellowshipped from Jehovah's Witnesses:

"Really, what your beloved family member needs to see is your resolute stance to put Jehovah above everything else - including the family bond. … Do not look for excuses to associate with a disfellowshipped family member, for example, through e-mail."
    Watchtower Study Edition 2013 Jan 15 p.16
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 15:30
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Referring to people leaving their religion to join Jehovah's Witnesses:

"No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family."
    Awake! 2009 July p.29 (p.28)

However...

Regarding those disfellowshipped from Jehovah's Witnesses:

"Really, what your beloved fami ...[text shortened]... ped family member, for example, through e-mail."
    Watchtower Study Edition 2013 Jan 15 p.16
    Why are you picking on JW's? Are they more sinister than say Muslim extremists?

Or are you upset at the foot in the door technique they use in their sales efforts?

I can see a lot of other so-called religions a lot more sinister than JW's, like Scientology. Now THERE is a crazy "religion". Invented by sci fi writer L.Ron Hubbard, no doubt a genius type and was quoted at a party of sci fi writers that he could start a religion. He made good on that party quote but he was about as nutty as Bobby Fischer.

For instance, I am a genuine old fart and briefly got involved with scientology in 1968 in DC. They kind of took me in personally and was allowed upstairs to the private offices.

I saw there what they referred to as Rongrams. Edicts from the master guru of scientology, L Ron himself.

One of them was in response to a question put to him: 'what do we do about people who abandon Scientology?

His response, that I saw with my own eyes, and he was not being ironic or sarcastic: "There is always the '45' solution''.

I assume you can figure out what that means.

L Ron Hubbard sci fi books were often on the best seller list at the New York Times.

The reason? Scientology is a multi billion dollar business.
    They simply bought up most of the copies extent for the specific purpose of publicity for L Ron and therefore giving 'respectability' to Scientology. Like THAT was going to happen.

They are about as sinister a bunch as any religion on Earth.

You should think about those real nut cases when you attack a religion like JW's.

My personal opinion of religions you probably already know but I think JW's are pretty far down the list of despicable religions.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 15:42
    Originally posted by sonhouse

Or are you upset at the foot in the door technique they use in their sales efforts?

I can see a lot of other so-called religions a lot more sinister than JW's, like Scientology. Now THERE is a crazy "religion". Invented by sci fi writer L.Ron Hubbard, no doubt a genius t ...[text shortened]... you probably already know but I think JW's are pretty far down the list of despicable religions.
    Are you the poster who was asking if God takes a poo?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 16:022 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse

I can see a lot of other so-called religions a lot more sinister than JW's, like Scientology. Now THERE is a crazy "religion". Invented by sci fi writer L.Ron Hubbard, no doubt a genius t ...[text shortened]... you probably already know but I think JW's are pretty far down the list of despicable religions.
    yes we are awesome, its true, but some people cannot handle our awesomeness and instead of focusing on their own spirituality they need to attack others, very uncivilised. It would be interesting to see just how many anti witness threads this user has started in his vain attempts to discredit us and insult our personal dignity.

The last time he was caught posting material form third party hate sites from articles that he had not even read, I wouldn't mind so much if he actually read our literature instead of getting it third hand, out of context and misconstrued as a consequence, but not everyone has the integrity to do that.

Disfellowshipping is a scriptural requirement, Jehovahs Witnesses did not make it up, its actually in the Bible.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 16:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes we are awesome, its true, but some people cannot handle our awesomeness and instead of focusing on their own spirituality they need to attack others, very uncivilised. It would be interesting to see just how many anti witness threads this user has started in his vain attempts to discredit us and insult our personal dignity.

The last time he ...[text shortened]... g is a scriptural requirement, Jehovahs Witnesses did not make it up, its actually in the Bible.
    Blah blah blah.

Care to comment on the OP robbie?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 16:242 edits
    Blah blah blah.

Care to comment on the OP robbie?
    Not really, but i will say this, disfellowshipping is a scriptural requirement, Jehovahs Witnesses did not make it up, its entirely Biblical.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 16:422 edits
    Not really, but i will say this, disfellowshipping is a scriptural requirement, Jehovahs Witnesses did not make it up, its entirely Biblical.
    Well if all you want to do is exchange opinion; mine is that what your religious corporation does to ex members is a disgusting affront to human decency, it is malicious, bullying and motivated by a controlling spirit of fear.

Anyway, back to the OP. Can you explain why your publications seem to hold conflicting direction for people leaving their religious group to join the JWs and another direction for those wishing to leave the JWs?

Thanks.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 17:043 edits
    "Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
    For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple." -- Romans 16:17-18, KJV

Do as I say, not as I do. Too many "churches" use this to justify cutting out "troublemakers" from the flock. This is judging and shunning, plain and simple.

Oh, it's entirely biblical. Too bad it's not always Christian.
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 17:28
    Also does it not say somewhere in the book of James "Snatch some who error out of the fire" ? If someone is strong in their faith how is talking to and even loving their family member who does not believe the way they do a problem?

Manny
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 17:37
    Well if all you want to do is exchange opinion; mine is that what your religious corporation does to ex members is a disgusting affront to human decency, it is malicious, bullying and motivated by a controlling spirit of fear.

Anyway, back to the OP. Can you explain why your publications seem to hold conflicting direction for people leaving their rel ...[text shortened]... gious group to join the JWs and another direction for those wishing to leave the JWs?

Thanks.
    yawn......
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 17:38
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    "Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
    For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple." -- Romans 16:17-18, KJV

Do as I say, not as I do. Too many "churche ...[text shortened]... ain and simple.

Oh, it's entirely biblical. Too bad it's not always Christian.
    look! unicorns. . . . .
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 17:401 edit
    lets here those who prefer to proffer their own opinions instead of scripture explain the following,

1 Corinthians 5:13

New International Version
    God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked person from among you."

New Living Translation
    God will judge those on the outside; but as the Scriptures say, "You must remove the evil person from among you."

English Standard Version
    God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”

New American Standard Bible
    But those who are outside, God judges. REMOVE THE WICKED MAN FROM AMONG YOURSELVES.

King James Bible
    But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
    But God judges outsiders. Put away the evil person from among yourselves.

International Standard Version
    God will judge outsiders. "Expel that wicked man."

NET Bible
    But God will judge those outside. Remove the evil person from among you.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
    But God judges the outsiders; remove the evil one from your midst.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
    God will judge those who are outside. Remove that wicked man from among you.

Jubilee Bible 2000
    But those that are without, God shall judge. Therefore, put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

King James 2000 Bible
    But them that are outside God judges. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

American King James Version
    But them that are without God judges. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

American Standard Version
    But them that are without God judgeth. Put away the wicked man from among yourselves.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    For them that are without, God will judge. Put away the evil one from among yourselves.

Darby Bible Translation
    But those without God judges. Remove the wicked person from amongst yourselves.

English Revised Version
    whereas them that are without God judgeth? Put away the wicked man from among yourselves.

Webster's Bible Translation
    But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Weymouth New Testament
    while you leave to God's judgement those who are outside? Remove the wicked man from among you.

World English Bible
    But those who are outside, God judges. "Put away the wicked man from among yourselves."

Young's Literal Translation
    and those without God doth judge; and put ye away the evil from among yourselves.

http://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/5-13.htm
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 17:46
    lets here those who prefer to proffer their own opinions instead of scripture explain the following,

1 Corinthians 5:13

God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked person from among you."

New Living Translation
    God will judge those on the outside; but as the Scriptures say, "You must remove the evil person fr ...[text shortened]... e; and put ye away the evil from among yourselves.

http://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/5-13.htm
    Remove them from the congregation, that's how I read that. Where does it mention anything about 'shunning'?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 17:53
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Remove them from the congregation, that's how I read that. Where does it mention anything about 'shunning'?
    So it takes an atheist to acknowledge that disfellowshipping is scriptural, shame on those who profess to be Christians, putting bad for good and good for bad! As to your question PK,

2 John 1:10

If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them.

New Living Translation
    If anyone comes to your meeting and does not teach the truth about Christ, don't invite that person into your home or give any kind of encouragement.

English Standard Version
    If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting,

New American Standard Bible
    If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting;

King James Bible
    If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

Holman Christian Standard Bible
    If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your home, and don't say, "Welcome," to him;

International Standard Version
    If anyone comes to you but does not present his teachings, do not receive him into your house or even welcome him,

NET Bible
    If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house and do not give him any greeting,

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
    If a man comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into the house and you shall not say to him, “You are welcome.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation
    If anyone comes to you and doesn't bring these teachings, don't take him into your home or even greet him.

Jubilee Bible 2000
    If anyone comes unto you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house neither say unto him, Welcome:

King James 2000 Bible
    If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

American King James Version
    If there come any to you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

American Standard Version
    If any one cometh unto you, and bringeth not this teaching, receive him not into your house, and give him no greeting:

Douay-Rheims Bible
    If any man come to you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into the house nor say to him, God speed you.

Darby Bible Translation
    If any one come to you and bring not this doctrine, do not receive him into the house, and greet him not;

English Revised Version
    If any one cometh unto you, and bringeth not this teaching, receive him not into your house, and give him no greeting:

Webster's Bible Translation
    If any one cometh to you, and bringeth not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither wish him happiness:

Weymouth New Testament
    If any one who comes to you does not bring this teaching, do not receive him under your roof nor bid him Farewell.

World English Bible
    If anyone comes to you, and doesn't bring this teaching, don't receive him into your house, and don't welcome him,

Young's Literal Translation
    if any one doth come unto you, and this teaching doth not bear, receive him not into the house, and say not to him, 'Hail!'

http://biblehub.com/2_john/1-10.htm
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 17:57
    So it takes an atheist to acknowledge that disfellowshipping is scriptural, shame on those who profess to be Christians, putting bad for good and good for bad! As to your question PK,

2 John 1:10

If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them.

New Living ...[text shortened]... ceive him not into the house, and say not to him, 'Hail!'

http://biblehub.com/2_john/1-10.htm
    Putting certain people out of the congregation is NOT what your lot do to those people who are led by God or friends or family out of your pernicious corporation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree