1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 17:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    So it takes an atheist to acknowledge that disfellowshipping is scriptural, shame on those who profess to be Christians, putting bad for good and good for bad! As to your question PK,

2 John 1:10

New International Version
    If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them.

New Living ...[text shortened]... ceive him not into the house, and say not to him, 'Hail!'

http://biblehub.com/2_john/1-10.htm
    What 'teaching' does this refer to? It looks pretty specific.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 17:58
    So it takes an atheist to acknowledge that disfellowshipping is scriptural, shame on those who profess to be Christians, putting bad for good and good for bad! As to your question PK,

2 John 1:10

New International Version
    If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them.

New Living ...[text shortened]... ceive him not into the house, and say not to him, 'Hail!'

http://biblehub.com/2_john/1-10.htm
    Can you explain why your publications seem to hold conflicting direction for people leaving their religious group to join the JWs and another direction for those wishing to leave the JWs?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 17:591 edit
    also,

Romans 16:17
    I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.

2 Thessalonians 3:6
    In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teaching you received from us.

2 Thessalonians 3:14
    Take special note of anyone who does not obey our instruction in this letter. Do not associate with them, in order that they may feel ashamed.

Titus 3:10
    Warn a divisive person once, and then warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 18:00
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Can you explain why your publications seem to hold conflicting direction for people leaving their religious group to join the JWs and another direction for those wishing to leave the JWs?
    No I cannot but I do care to talk about disfellowshipping being entirely Biblical if you are interested.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 18:01
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    What 'teaching' does this refer to? It looks pretty specific.
    please see the supplementary verses above
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 18:02
    No I cannot but I do care to talk about disfellowshipping being entirely Biblical if you are interested.
    I see you actually no answer to the point in question, but as usual let's talk about something different in order to help you avoid any moral conflict...
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 18:041 edit
    I see you actually no answer to the point in question, but as usual let's talk about something different in order to help you avoid any moral conflict...
    sorry try jw.org they may be able to help it is fate all their publications that you are whinging about.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 18:04
    These scriptures refer to specific and different situations, they do NOT support what your corporation does to people who leave your corporation.
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    please see the supplementary verses above
    What teaching is 2 John 1:10 referring to?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    sorry try jw.org they may be able to help.
    Unlikely as you are all brainwashed with the same juice.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 18:06
    What teaching is 2 John 1:10 referring to?
    many teachings, apostasy, being disruptive, unruly etc if you notice the scripture in Titus they are to be given a warning and only after they have refused to abide by the rules of the congregation they are to be shunned.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 18:07
    Remove them from the congregation, that's how I read that. Where does it mention anything about 'shunning'?
    1 Corinthians 5:11
    The Message (MSG)
    9-13 I wrote you in my earlier letter that you shouldn’t make yourselves at home among the sexually promiscuous. I didn’t mean that you should have nothing at all to do with outsiders of that sort. Or with crooks, whether blue- or white-collar. Or with spiritual phonies, for that matter. You’d have to leave the world entirely to do that! But I am saying that you shouldn’t act as if everything is just fine when a friend who claims to be a Christian is promiscuous or crooked, is flip with God or rude to friends, gets drunk or becomes greedy and predatory. You can’t just go along with this, treating it as acceptable behavior. I’m not responsible for what the outsiders do, but don’t we have some responsibility for those within our community of believers? God decides on the outsiders, but we need to decide when our brothers and sisters are out of line and, if necessary, clean house.

21st Century King James Version (KJ21)
    11 But I now have written unto you not to keep company with any man who is called a brother if he is a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner. With such a one you are not even to eat.

Living Bible (TLB)
    11 What I meant was that you are not to keep company with anyone who claims to be a brother Christian but indulges in sexual sins, or is greedy, or is a swindler, or worships idols, or is a drunkard, or abusive. Don’t even eat lunch with such a person.

New Living Translation (NLT)
    11 I meant that you are not to associate with anyone who claims to be a believer[a] yet indulges in sexual sin, or is greedy, or worships idols, or is abusive, or is a drunkard, or cheats people. Don’t even eat with such people.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    Unlikely as you are all brainwashed with the same juice.
    ok then perhaps boohoo.com has something to offer you instead.
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    many teachings, apostasy, being disruptive, unruly etc if you notice the scripture in Titus they are to be given a warning and only after they have refused to abide by the rules of the congregation they are to be shunned.
    Really? Provide a link.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    Originally posted by galveston75
    The Message (MSG)
    9-13 I wrote you in my earlier letter that you shouldn’t make yourselves at home among the sexually promiscuous. I didn’t mean that you should have nothing at all to do with outsiders of that sort. Or with crooks, whether blue- or white-collar. Or with spiritual phonies, for that matter. You’d have to leave the worl ...[text shortened]... ships idols, or is abusive, or is a drunkard, or cheats people. Don’t even eat with such people.
    excellent! 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree