1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 18:07
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ok then perhaps boohoo.com has something to offer you instead.
    Boohoo.com is a ladies clothes website.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 18:07
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Really? Provide a link.
    see the Gmans post above
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 18:082 edits
    Boohoo.com is a ladies clothes website.
    its not for shampoo and those having a bad hair day? LOL, find anything you liked for your next gay parade?
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 18:09
    also,

Romans 16:17
    I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.

2 Thessalonians 3:6
    In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer who is idle and ...[text shortened]... ivisive person once, and then warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but none of these quotes are from Jesus are they?
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    see the Gmans post above
    Nothing about 2 John 1:10 there.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    Originally posted by galveston75
    1 Corinthians 5:11
    The Message (MSG)
    9-13 I wrote you in my earlier letter that you shouldn’t make yourselves at home among the sexually promiscuous. I didn’t mean that you should have nothing at all to do with outsiders of that sort. Or with crooks, whether blue- or white-collar. Or with spiritual phonies, for that matter. You’d have to leave the worl ...[text shortened]... ships idols, or is abusive, or is a drunkard, or cheats people. Don’t even eat with such people.
    These scriptures refer to specific and different situations, they do NOT support what your corporation does to people who leave your corporation.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    Correct me if I'm wrong but none of these quotes are from Jesus are they?
    No but neither is ninety percent of the Bible, so what?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 18:10
    Originally posted by galveston75
    1 Corinthians 5:11
    The Message (MSG)
    9-13 I wrote you in my earlier letter that you shouldn’t make yourselves at home among the sexually promiscuous. I didn’t mean that you should have nothing at all to do with outsiders of that sort. Or with crooks, whether blue- or white-collar. Or with spiritual phonies, for that matter. You’d have to leave the worl ...[text shortened]... ships idols, or is abusive, or is a drunkard, or cheats people. Don’t even eat with such people.
    Can you explain why your publications seem to hold conflicting direction for people leaving their religious group to join the JWs and another direction for those wishing to leave the JWs?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 18:11
    Nothing about 2 John 1:10 there.
    no but he mentions practices that could get one into a little trouble, like drunkenness, etc
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 18:13
    no but he mentions practices that could get one into a little trouble, like drunkenness, etc
    Why do you shun people who leave the JW corporation?
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 18:14
    So what teaching is 2 John 1:10 referring to?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 18:162 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Can you explain why your publications seem to hold conflicting direction for people leaving their religious group to join the JWs and another direction for those wishing to leave the JWs?
    there is no conflicting views, the bible encourages people to leave false religion and come into the Christian congregation, or perhaps you have never read,

New International Version
    Then I heard another voice from heaven say: "'Come out of her, my people,' so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues;

New Living Translation
    Then I heard another voice calling from heaven, "Come away from her, my people. Do not take part in her sins, or you will be punished with her.

English Standard Version
    Then I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of her, my people, lest you take part in her sins, lest you share in her plagues;

New American Standard Bible
    I heard another voice from heaven, saying, "Come out of her, my people, so that you will not participate in her sins and receive of her plagues;

King James Bible
    And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
    Then I heard another voice from heaven: Come out of her, My people, so that you will not share in her sins or receive any of her plagues.

International Standard Version
    Then I heard another voice from heaven saying, "Come out of her, my people, so that you don't participate in her sins and also suffer from her diseases.

NET Bible
    Then I heard another voice from heaven saying, "Come out of her, my people, so you will not take part in her sins and so you will not receive her plagues,

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
    And I heard another voice from Heaven that said, “Come out from within her my people, lest you share in her sins, that you would not receive from her plagues.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation
    I heard another voice from heaven saying, "Come out of Babylon, my people, so that you do not participate in her sins and suffer from any of her plagues.

Jubilee Bible 2000
    And I heard another voice from the heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye not be partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

King James 2000 Bible
    And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues.

American King James Version
    And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues.

American Standard Version
    And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come forth, my people, out of her, that ye have no fellowship with her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues:

Douay-Rheims Bible
    And I heard another voice from heaven, saying: Go out from her, my people; that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues.

Darby Bible Translation
    And I heard another voice out of the heaven saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye have not fellowship in her sins, and that ye do not receive of her plagues:

English Revised Version
    And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come forth, my people, out of her, that ye have no fellowship with her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues:

Webster's Bible Translation
    And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Weymouth New Testament
    Then I heard another voice from Heaven, which said, "Come out of her, My people, that you may not become partakers in her sins, nor receive a share of her plagues.

World English Bible
    I heard another voice from heaven, saying, "Come out of her, my people, that you have no participation in her sins, and that you don't receive of her plagues,

Young's Literal Translation
    And I heard another voice out of the heaven, saying, 'Come forth out of her, My people, that ye may not partake with her sins, and that ye may not receive of her plagues,

The Bible itself urges people to leave false worship and enter into the Christian congregation, try as i might i cannot find any references to the joy of leaving the Christian congregation and going back to false worship (Babylon the great), perhaps the bible is also guilty of double standards? or how will you explain the verse?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 18:17
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why do you shun people who leave the JW corporation?
    I have told you why, read the verse that both I and the Gman have posted, are you saying that shunning is unscriptural?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 18:18
    I have told you why, read the verse that both I and the Gman have posted, are you saying that shunning is unscriptural?
    No, I'm saying that what you do to people is a disgusting perversion of those scriptures.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 18:19
    So what teaching is 2 John 1:10 referring to?
    teaching contrary to the teachings found in the Bible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree